But who's on Russ' podcast this week????

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Russ is broken. This team is toast. Oh well lpts of teams would love to mKe the playoffs and lose in the first round....

zchurch74

Reaction score
EXACTLY!!! Finally someone who gets it. Russ is too series about his shit off the field then on it.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
zchurch74":1b0rmy8i said:
EXACTLY!!! Finally someone who gets it. Russ is too series about his $h!t off the field then on it.

And exactly how do you know this? Russ is more professional than any player I have ever seen, but please keep making statements based on your vast knowledge of the game.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":370kyz68 said:
zchurch74":370kyz68 said:
EXACTLY!!! Finally someone who gets it. Russ is too series about his $h!t off the field then on it.

And exactly how do you know this? Russ is more professional than any player I have ever seen, but please keep making statements based on your vast knowledge of the game.
Russell Wilson defender bot

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":1rldlyea said:
Flyingsquad23":1rldlyea said:
zchurch74":1rldlyea said:

Russell Wilson defender bot

Whatever, I’ve said in other posts today, he played terrible. But questioning his preparedness is ridiculous and he has no proof of his claim. Your addition to the conversation is....well...worthless

Tokadub

Reaction score
whoops duplicate post next one is what i meant to say here...

Tokadub

Reaction score
I don't think it even has anything to do with Russell Wilson's ability to be able to have a short casual podcast show on youtube...

I think the problem is just the message it sends to the entire organization and more importantly his teammates.

Here you have a season where you gave up a bunch of draft picks to acquire Jamal Adams...

Any important player on this team should be 100% invested and dialed in to winning this year...

I'm not even saying Wilson himself is negatively affected by his off the field endevours.

But psychologically I can really see how the rest of his team sees him doing that, and they think he's paying way too much attention to his life after he retires... he's trying to build a brand and market himself when he should be focusing 100% on this season and nothing else...

Even if it's not affecting Wilson's play I'm very sure at least some players and coaches if not all of them are subconsciously or very knowingly understanding that this is not good for the team, it's selfish behavior and they might doubt his leadership.

I'm a huge Wilson fan but... in my opinion he should save those kind of distractions for after the season ends, or once he's retired... it's just not a good look for a leader to be doing all this stuff that has nothing to do with the team and making it so public.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I could see your point if it wasn’t for the fact that everything I’ve ever seen is that Russ still puts in all the time he ever has. All we’ve heard for most of the year is let Russ cook, and they have. To think that the organization has added to his plate without him continuing the 110% effort he is know for make no sense. People of his caliber are very capable of doing multiple things. Anybody have a link for an article about him skipping out on team activity for personal things....no you don’t. Complaints about his play are fair but come on the dude has given his life to the Hawks.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
He hasn't played well in over a month...... is it too much to ask for the guy getting paid 30 million a year to hold off on his side hustle till the off season???

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
What it projects to me is that Wilson is maybe not completely committed to winning right now.

True or not is immaterial. The optics are bad. When you are struggling, you put those extra hours into preparation. (Remember the separation is in the preparation?) You look for little things you can exploit. New things you can try.

Russ is building his brand as a priority right now that is impacting his on-field performance.

Yes, I know he is getting hit more than most QBs. He gets paid more than most. When you impact the salary cap the way he is doing, you need to contribute more - not put in all the hours to build that podcast that clearly was not just slapped together. That was a lot of hard work, the quality shows.

Would rather that hard work be put into better results on the field or holding the coaching staff accountable.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2gtvbsan said:
What it projects to me is that Wilson is maybe not completely committed to winning right now.

True or not is immaterial. The optics are bad. When you are struggling, you put those extra hours into preparation. (Remember the separation is in the preparation?) You look for little things you can exploit. New things you can try.

Russ is building his brand as a priority right now that is impacting his on-field performance.

Yes, I know he is getting hit more than most QBs. He gets paid more than most. When you impact the salary cap the way he is doing, you need to contribute more - not put in all the hours to build that podcast that clearly was not just slapped together. That was a lot of hard work, the quality shows.

Would rather that hard work be put into better results on the field or holding the coaching staff accountable.

Exactly - well said.

ducks41468

Reaction score
This is dumb. Of course it gets magnified when he doesn't play well. Hell, everything gets magnified when you don't play well. What about Rodgers dating celebrities or doing State Farm commercials? What about Brady and his goofy supplement plans or also dating a famous model? What about Brees and his kooky religious stuff? Don't see anyone mentioning that here.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
ducks41468":2fqbxadq said:
This is dumb. Of course it gets magnified when he doesn't play well. Hell, everything gets magnified when you don't play well. What about Rodgers dating celebrities or doing State Farm commercials? What about Brady and his goofy supplement plans or also dating a famous model? What about Brees and his kooky religious stuff? Don't see anyone mentioning that here.

Russ does plenty of commercials too - hello your chief quarterback officer. He's also married to a celebrity. S

But what the other guys mentioned don't do is have a really well done weekly podcast. As Twisted said, it could have nothing to do with anything. But it just doesn't look good for the guy making 15-20% of your cap (not sure the actual number?) working on a side brand project while simultaneously being in a huge slump.

ducks41468

Reaction score
gowazzu02":c8y4mhun said:
ducks41468":c8y4mhun said:

Russ does plenty of commercials too - hello your chief quarterback officer. He's also married to a celebrity. S

But what the other guys mentioned don't do is have a really well done weekly podcast. As Twisted said, it could have nothing to do with anything. But it just doesn't look good for the guy making 15-20% of your cap (not sure the actual number?) working on a side brand project while simultaneously being in a huge slump.

Yes, a single podcast and an apron line is the key differentiator between us winning the SB and going 10-6 and losing in the first round of the playoffs.

John63

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1195wzho said:
He hasn't played well in over a month...... is it too much to ask for the guy getting paid 30 million a year to hold off on his side hustle till the off season???

oer a month so I guess

22/31 71% compl, 1 td adn qb rating of 103 is not well

or

23/28 82% compt, 2 tds and 119 qb rating is not well

both of those games came in the last month in fact just the games before the Giants.

I agree he has not played well several games but let's not pretend it has been a month.

In fact he has had only 3 games with a QB rating below 90. and truth be told only 4 games in total that I would say is not well and none includes a qb rating of 95.

Also lets remember 6 drops last night does not help, and that includes the drop that ended up being picked off.

So yes he has had a few bad games, perhaps even a few more than normal, but lets not make stuff up. It has not been a month.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
John63":e0ak9eak said:
gowazzu02":e0ak9eak said:

oer a month so I guess

or

both of those games came in the last month in fact just the games before the Giants.

I agree he has not played well several games but let's not pretend it has been a month.

In fact he has had only 3 games with a QB rating below 90. and truth be told only 4 games in total that I would say is not well and none includes a qb rating of 95.

Also lets remember 6 drops last night does not help, and that includes the drop that ended up being picked off.

So yes he has had a few bad games, perhaps even a few more than normal, but lets not make stuff up. It has not been a month.

I'm glad you brought up the drops. Those aren't all the WR's fault - late poorly thrown balls are sometimes dropped. Tyler specifically had 2 that were thrown behind him. He'll get credited w the drop, but a good throw and he's still running.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Last I checked everyone only has 24 hours a day, a successful podcast and a new baby are two new jobs in that equation. Assume to be half decent at both you have to now carve another 2-5 hours out of your day. No one is going to fault someone for keeping their priorities straight regarding their family (marriage/ and fatherhood), but something has to give in your day, is it sleep? is it your off field film study? both have the potential to affect your on-field performance.

People who are as successful as RW tend to be creatures of habit that have every half hour of their day accounted for. So yes, you add in two huge things in his equation this year something has to give and I think we're seeing it affect his on-field performance. I mean it literally could be something as simple as sleep is what he's been giving up, how many people here took on a new project/hobby found yourself staying up an extra 1-2 hours a night and it didn't seem to be a big deal until a few months later as you burned out. RW is human...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Russ is a lot more famous than his wife. I'd never even heard of her before he got with her. I'm sure he is doing everything he can to keep her status relevant. Hence the love perfume. I think any sports star of his status and wealth have a lot of things on the side going on.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1ps7275v said:
Russ is a lot more famous than his wife. I'd never even heard of her before he got with her. I'm sure he is doing everything he can to keep her status relevant. Hence the love perfume. I think any sports star of his status and wealth have a lot of things on the side going on.

You may have never heard of her...but Ciara had her fame way prior to RW and is still quite relevant to a lot of folks who enjoy the pop music scene.

John63

Reaction score
gowazzu02":39bkyn5j said:
John63":39bkyn5j said:
gowazzu02":39bkyn5j said:

oer a month so I guess

or

I'm glad you brought up the drops. Those aren't all the WR's fault - late poorly thrown balls are sometimes dropped. Tyler specifically had 2 that were thrown behind him. He'll get credited w the drop, but a good throw and he's still running.

ahh got it WR are not accountable for drops unless the ball is perfect, they are not expected to do anything but catch perfect throws. got it.