Bruce who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Erebus":1txia3wd said:
peachesenregalia":1txia3wd said:
Bruce has been stellar this season, and in my opinion is an offseason priority. The stat sheet seldom shows a player's true worth.
Shouldn't he be on a 5 year contract since he was a first round pick? We shouldn't need to worry about his contract yet.
4 year with a fairly expensive 5th year option.

OP
OP
SeaChase

SeaChase

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2gdscv17 said:
SeaChase":2gdscv17 said:
Scottemojo":2gdscv17 said:
OP must judge a player by how many times the announcer says his name. Sherman can get no action at all and impact the game, why not Irvin?

Irvin has been assignment sound. Setting edges when the DE pass rushes, covering the flat, etc.

Remember all those passes for all those yards when the Eagles threw to their running backs? Yeah, me neither.

Judge is a fairly strong assessment. But yeah, when you have a awesome defense full of playmakers it does help when the announcers talk about you as this means you're standing out. Sherman gets talked about every game regardless of what he does or doesn't do. I would say it's more about the popularity of the position.
So you went back and reviewed the game before making the post, sure that Irvin has been invisible on the field?

A total of 7 tackles, 2 are assists, and 1.5 sacks over the last 3 games. Not totally invisible.

Lazyfingers

Reaction score
Irvin has been far from invisible. Like others have said, he may not have a loaded sat sheet but he was quite disruptive vs Philadelphia and the games preceding. Maintaining contain, covering in space, forcing runs inside, and creating pressure on the pocket. I think people forget that football is the ultimate team game and it is true concert in motion that does not reward every player with stats that accurately reflect their worth.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SeaChase":1k88j5fa said:
Scottemojo":1k88j5fa said:
SeaChase":1k88j5fa said:
Scottemojo":1k88j5fa said:
OP must judge a player by how many times the announcer says his name. Sherman can get no action at all and impact the game, why not Irvin?

Irvin has been assignment sound. Setting edges when the DE pass rushes, covering the flat, etc.

Remember all those passes for all those yards when the Eagles threw to their running backs? Yeah, me neither.

Judge is a fairly strong assessment. But yeah, when you have a awesome defense full of playmakers it does help when the announcers talk about you as this means you're standing out. Sherman gets talked about every game regardless of what he does or doesn't do. I would say it's more about the popularity of the position.
So you went back and reviewed the game before making the post, sure that Irvin has been invisible on the field?

A total of 7 tackles, 2 are assists, and 1.5 sacks over the last 3 games. Not totally invisible.
So your post was based on the stat sheet? I am just curious what motivates a post about how a player has been less than impactful during what is a great 3 game stretch of defense.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
SeaChase":j82rkmm5 said:
Scottemojo":j82rkmm5 said:
SeaChase":j82rkmm5 said:
Scottemojo":j82rkmm5 said:

Not a big Brandon Mebane fan eh?

OP
OP
SeaChase

SeaChase

Reaction score
Nah the announcers don't mention his name enough...

Seanhawk

Reaction score
SeaChase":2dsuhvm7 said:
Nah the announcers don't mention his name enough...

So it turns out your OP wasn't actually an observation, you just need to be told when something is happening. The real question is if the TV was on mute, could you see a TD happen?

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
The OP is baseless, then uses a 1.5 sacks number in the last three games as an example? Bruce is a constant pressure and end sealer. In fact, I'm not sure how he manages to do both so well. Watch him today...I'll expect your retraction by noon tomorrow.

OP
OP
SeaChase

SeaChase

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":2swifpzn said:
The OP is baseless, then uses a 1.5 sacks number in the last three games as an example? Bruce is a constant pressure and end sealer. In fact, I'm not sure how he manages to do both so well. Watch him today...I'll expect your retraction by noon tomorrow.

You forgot a total of 7 tackles, and 2 with help. That .5 sack in one game was stellar since he applies constant pressure. I'm not sure how that equates realistically. if you want to go beyond 3 games he has 4.5 sacks on the year. I'm not sure this team could survive without him.

And if he is non-existent in this game, I want your play by play analysis of why his constant pressure isn't creating more sacks and turnovers, and not very many tackles.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I don't feel like I am discussing with a rational football mind. I apologize for getting involved. Carry on being inaccurate in your observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts