Browner's injury, why no news?

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Here's what I think is going on. For those who have been paying attention, you'll note that the team also has to make a decision on Tharold Simon. I believe they're in an evaluation process right now on Simon. If it looks like to them that he can be a viable option at CB -- then they'll go with him as an in house replacement option and place Browner on IR (Pete said it looked bad -- he doesn't say that usually, so I'm thinking he's done). If Simon doesn't look like he could be the man, then they'll look for outside options. And they're going to milk every second of time they have on making that determination.

drdiags

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2hidcfnz said:
Here's what I think is going on. For those who have been paying attention, you'll note that the team also has to make a decision on Tharold Simon. I believe they're in an evaluation process right now on Simon. If it looks like to them that he can be a viable option at CB -- then they'll go with him as an in house replacement option and place Browner on IR (Pete said it looked bad -- he doesn't say that usually, so I'm thinking he's done). If Simon doesn't look like he could be the man, then they'll look for outside options. And they're going to milk every second of time they have on making that determination.

I would figure Shead would be put on the 53-man roster, since they recently upped his PS pay presumably to entice him to stay with the team when another team came poaching. To turn around and not promote him if Browner has to go on IR would be mysterious to me. But your scenario makes more sense as far as the delay in doing anything. Though it could just be to see how the groin is responding with treatment up until they had to make moves with Okung anyway?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HawkWow":oi15mdis said:
Seahawkfan80":oi15mdis said:
If he was full go today, It probably was a pull and sometimes you can ice the area down and add a bit of motrin or other minor swelling reducer to alleviate pain and discomfort. I had a bulge in my back creating sciatica. I had pain going down the leg so bad, every step on the golf course one day was pain. I finally had to quit playing and had surgery to remove the bulge. Took about 6 months to complete the repair and rehab. If you get surgery, do what the doc says about weight limitations on lifting. You will recover properly then...not a lot later.
Go Hawks.

Damn. I hope you exhausted all other options, like Cortisone, before going under the knife. And great advice, listen to your doctor. Plan on taking a lot of time away from the course and weights.

I've had 3 such procedures..back and neck. But I was far from a good patient. The night of my first surgery, I went to a Tool concert. The day after my second surgery, I got into a fight in Tijuana. I was pretty careful with the neck...at least in comparison., though I did shit can the brace after 3 weeks. 3 months wasn't going to happen, lol.

I looked myself at the MRI done on me. I looked at the disc and I was not scared but concerned. That I can recall, it looked almost like a burst disc. But after looking again a few times, it was just a bulge. I was working like a beast at the time. ( a beast that weighs 150 soaking wet in a uniform. LOL ) But while in the Service, I had options. I took the one that would probably fix it for ever and not have to rehab and rehab and rehab. When you work like I did...I did not take care of my body over taking care of the job. Job came first, body second. Believe me...I feel it in the winter...like yesterday..but enuff bout it. I took the smart move and was playing golf the next year and doing a lot better. I even went to alaska for a month for work. (2002) Having fun now and meeting some 12s once in a while is a great thing. I may do some flying to see more 12s. The trip to Spokane was fun. Go Hawks.
:vodka: