Brees out at NBC

Chuckwow

Reaction score
^ This. And he tries too hard to pretend he's not crushed when the Cowboys choke. I personally don't care if these ex-players acknowledge a never-ending devotion to their respective teams, as long as they keep it to a minimum. Timing is everything in announcing and their allegiance won't change the outcome. But I do care when they attempt to insult my intelligence by acting like they don't care one way or the other. But as Soulfish said, he knows the game inside / out and when not in fever-pitch-frenzy or in pouting butt-hurt mode, he does offer a fresh(er) perspective. I suspect he will be better again this year.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Romo is actually very good.........IF he shuts up and let's the play happen. When he becomes hyper Romo it's hard to listen to. Sucks because he's very good at explaining the plays, knowing what's coming etc.
This is How I feel..He get's hyper and it's very annoying ..I shut off the volume.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Brees just doesn't belong in studio or booth..What the hell was with his
hair btw?I was like that rug is speaking louder than him.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
It's crazy how technology and social media and stuff has so thoroughly changed people. I'm rarely a fan of the work by the color commentators, but I know that a Manning-cast style booth is my own personal vision of hell.
I think it's more that we can have the NFL presented to us in so many ways. This isn't the 90s or before where the only way to watch a game was one channel and one broadcast. I can spend my day on redzone, gamecast it, or watch 6 games at once... then grab the all 22. Hell, I can just sit on twitter and see the reactions from other people watching the game. People I respect far more than the random guy commentating. I can even just sit on .net and see the gameday chat and watch you bozos react.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
He might be too busy suing contractors here on Kauai. Just heard that from a buddy today that worked on Brees' (incredible) Poipu estate. Took the GC over 5 years to build the place and Brees is not happy about it. Typically, in these things (and this way off topic) the owner is as much to blame, or more so, than the contractor. Like Zuckerberg, Drew isn't off to a good start here on the Garden Island.