Brandon Marshall's first hand experience with PC

W

Welshers

NJlargent":26lomk1s said:
You cannot rationally argue that PC is not a problem and shouldn’t be fired. The fear I have of having RW gone and PC still here is high and sadly it seems where we are headed. We will become irrelevant again and another 15 years of that would be awful. I just am shocked there’s not unanimity requesting his firing from the fan base. It appears a HOF QB is about to bolt (and noticeably agitated after the 5 year extension) and we criticize his alleged distractions and cover 2 handling and then incorrectly think PC will build some winning team again and is some guru he is not. Guy was carried and now we have irrelevancy on the horizon.

Who picks a 70 yr old coach over a generational QB??? This is why I’m praying the media has played this up and a new OC is a sign the organization is actually working on fixing the issue.
Yes you can. The team has never been succesful as it has been under Pete Carroll.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Welshers":6kmfgwv7 said:
NJlargent":6kmfgwv7 said:
You cannot rationally argue that PC is not a problem and shouldn’t be fired. The fear I have of having RW gone and PC still here is high and sadly it seems where we are headed. We will become irrelevant again and another 15 years of that would be awful. I just am shocked there’s not unanimity requesting his firing from the fan base. It appears a HOF QB is about to bolt (and noticeably agitated after the 5 year extension) and we criticize his alleged distractions and cover 2 handling and then incorrectly think PC will build some winning team again and is some guru he is not. Guy was carried and now we have irrelevancy on the horizon.

Who picks a 70 yr old coach over a generational QB??? This is why I’m praying the media has played this up and a new OC is a sign the organization is actually working on fixing the issue.
Yes you can. The team has never been succesful as it has been under Pete Carroll.

Brandon Marshall is interesting to listen to, but all it means is he had a difference of opinion with Pete, and Pete's decision was the one that counted. Marshall is, IMO, one of the most courageous people in sports (for coming out as having BPD) and also a bit of a drama queen, but overall, a good dude. I'll go with Pete on this one.

All these anti-Pete posts after a 12-4 season are simply DELUSIONAL. Russell and Schotty choked in two very winnable regular season games, and the wildcard vs. the Rams, and simply never figured out how to move the ball and score against teams with good defenses that play the 2-high cloud types of scheme that confused Russell. Schotty didn't figure out a way to help Russell out by running schemes that made reads simpler for Russell. Sean McVay got a crap QB to the Super Bowl with an offense that made reads simple. So did Jim Harbaugh with Krappernick. Yes, Lambs and Goff got out-schemed in that SB vs Belichick, and didn't figure out adjustments in-game. Sam Gold's and others film breakdowns clearly show the decision-making struggles Russell had this season, and how Russell too often tried to play MVP-wannabe Hero Ball instead of simply taking what was there and moving the chains and keeping the offense on the field.

Russell is on the downside of his career. He relies too much on his legs and improv ability and the legs aren't what they used to be. He struggled with his reads and got sacked too much playing hero-ball. Is it the distractions of his outside activities? Who knows. The last time the Hawks were in the Owl was during Russell's rookie contract. With so much money tied up in the QB, the Hawks can't put enough talent on the field in other spots, and Russell isn't over-performing his large contract. So it's no surprise Pete and John would consider other options to put more talent on the field and roll with a "good enough" QB who will make, and take, the reads that are there within the offense.

Pete or Russell? I'll take Pete.

John63

Reaction score
Welshers":2jmtas7p said:
NJlargent":2jmtas7p said:

wrong the team has never been as successful as it has been until Wilson became QB, PC was sub 500 here in Seattle until Wilson.

As for his career in the NFL PC is sub 500 without Wilson and over 600 with.

John63

Reaction score
olyfan63":2k3qk1ns said:
Welshers":2k3qk1ns said:
NJlargent":2k3qk1ns said:

Brandon Marshall is interesting to listen to, but all it means is he had a difference of opinion with Pete, and Pete's decision was the one that counted. Marshall is, IMO, one of the most courageous people in sports (for coming out as having BPD) and also a bit of a drama queen, but overall, a good dude. I'll go with Pete on this one.

All these anti-Pete posts after a 12-4 season are simply DELUSIONAL. Russell and Schotty choked in two very winnable regular season games, and the wildcard vs. the Rams, and simply never figured out how to move the ball and score against teams with good defenses that play the 2-high cloud types of scheme that confused Russell. Schotty didn't figure out a way to help Russell out by running schemes that made reads simpler for Russell. Sean McVay got a crap QB to the Super Bowl with an offense that made reads simple. So did Jim Harbaugh with Krappernick. Yes, Lambs and Goff got out-schemed in that SB vs Belichick, and didn't figure out adjustments in-game. Sam Gold's and others film breakdowns clearly show the decision-making struggles Russell had this season, and how Russell too often tried to play MVP-wannabe Hero Ball instead of simply taking what was there and moving the chains and keeping the offense on the field.

Russell is on the downside of his career. He relies too much on his legs and improv ability and the legs aren't what they used to be. He struggled with his reads and got sacked too much playing hero-ball. Is it the distractions of his outside activities? Who knows. The last time the Hawks were in the Owl was during Russell's rookie contract. With so much money tied up in the QB, the Hawks can't put enough talent on the field in other spots, and Russell isn't over-performing his large contract. So it's no surprise Pete and John would consider other options to put more talent on the field and roll with a "good enough" QB who will make, and take, the reads that are there within the offense.

blisfull post that goes against all the facts.

Jville

Reaction score
olyfan63":2vjs3973 said:

Interesting perspectives.

I wonder if Russell Wilson's in season stated goal of making himself and DK Metcalf the greatest pairing since Joe Montana and Jerry Rice might have narrowed his vision, harmed offensive predictability and contributed to his second half disappointments.

Brandon Marshall may have found his post career calling working with talking heads in the alarmists industry.

themunn

Reaction score
TraderGary":25qpdjm1 said:
themunn":25qpdjm1 said:
And then we cut Brandon Marshall and he went on to play another 5 years scoring dozens of touchdowns

Or he never played a game again. I can't remember, which was it?
Well since Brandon is a self-proclaimed Seahawks fan, it sure doesn't seem like he holds any ill will toward the organization. So what reason would he have to make something like that up, or even embellish on it? Based on other reports we've heard recently about Carroll, I tend to give BM the benefit of the doubt.

Not saying he made it up. Saying that maybe the coach can see something that the players can't - evidenced by the fact that Brandon Marshall - despite "being able to hook up 11/12 in the redzone" wasn't all that successful here or elsewhere afterwards.

toffee

Reaction score
Jville":2ysp5ii4 said:
olyfan63":2ysp5ii4 said:

I wonder if Russell Wilson's in season stated goal of making himself and DK Metcalf the greatest pairing since Joe Montana and Jerry Rice might have narrowed his vision, harmed offensive predictability and contributed to his second half disappointments.

Brandon Marshall may have found his post career calling working with talking heads in the alarmists industry.
I felt like one area in Russ's game that didn't improve with experience were his football IQ in reading, and analysing defense. He rely on his physical gift, but with age and sacks, his physical ability regressed a bit.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

olyfan63

Reaction score
John63":kji5wmrp said:
olyfan63":kji5wmrp said:
Welshers":kji5wmrp said:
NJlargent":kji5wmrp said:

blisfull post that goes against all the facts.

Jville

Reaction score
With regards to Brandon Marshall, he only started 2 games in 7 appearances while catching less than half of Wilson's passes in his final year (2018) in the NFL. In my eyes, Brandon was never a core building block. His year with the Seahawks was essentially a departing guest appearance before fading into the sunset.

Last year, the front office gave Wilson the tight end he coveted in Greg Olsen. He too made a one year guest appearance before fading into the sunset and his retirement.

John63

Reaction score
toffee":2f5rq679 said:
Jville":2f5rq679 said:
olyfan63":2f5rq679 said:

I felt like one area in Russ's game that didn't improve with experience were his football IQ in reading, and analysing defense. He rely on his physical gift, but with age and sacks, his physical ability regressed a bit.

Yeah sorry but it would be impossible for Wilson to have had the type of career he has had without reading defenses.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Jville":2xw5bi43 said:

Borderlines by nature are drama queens. They create drama wherever they go. As I said, Brandon Marshall is a good dude and the only public figure I know to have acknowledged themself as having BPD, super-courageous. He's articulate, engaging, and didn't really say anything that was even that dramatic, or even really negative about Pete. Looking forward to seeing Marshall in more sportscasting gigs.

Marshall, in his prime, was a dominant BEAST of a receiver, All-Pro level. If only we'd had him for a couple of those years.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
olyfan63":1bc5b91x said:
Jville":1bc5b91x said:

Borderlines by nature are drama queens. They create drama wherever they go. As I said, Brandon Marshall is a good dude and the only public figure I know to have acknowledged themself as having BPD, super-courageous. He's articulate, engaging, and didn't really say anything that was even that dramatic, or even really negative about Pete. Looking forward to seeing Marshall in more sportscasting gigs.

Marshall, in his prime, was a dominant BEAST of a receiver, All-Pro level. If only we'd had him for a couple of those years.
Marshall was one of my favorite receivers to watch in his prime. He was a YAC beast, and a menace in the open field. He was also a very good route runner. I love his redemption arc too, he is a real inspiration.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Here is a terrific video on Brandon Marshall and his career and BPD. He is the only public figure I know who has publicly come out as having BPD. There are many others who also check all the boxes for BPD (Percy Harvin, Angelina Jolie, and reportedly, the late Princess Di, among many others) IMO Brandon Marshall is absolutely a hero and a very courageous and smart individual.

I remember Marshall tearing the Hawks a new one each time we played a team he was on. Bears probably most clearly. Dude was uncoverable, unstoppable, at least by the DBs we had. It would take a Jalen Ramsey or younger Richard Sherman to match up with Marshall in his prime.

[youtube]0mq5AT-aTFQ[/youtube]

toffee

Reaction score
John63":1mg42u1d said:
toffee":1mg42u1d said:
Jville":1mg42u1d said:
olyfan63":1mg42u1d said:

Yeah sorry but it would be impossible for Wilson to have had the type of career he has had without reading defenses.
Russ's ability to read and analyse defense did not improve or grow enough over the years to compensate for his regress in physical abilities.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
toffee":1fnumi2v said:
John63":1fnumi2v said:
toffee":1fnumi2v said:
Jville":1fnumi2v said:

Russ's ability to read and analyse defense did not improve or grow enough over the years to compensate for his regress in physical abilities.

How would any of us know? Hard to conclude when he has no time to option out of a play because the play clocks on 1 when they get to the line (been going on for years with Pete). Also, Wilson sure has pulled the team out of the fire in the 4th numerous times when Pete has to take the handcuffs off. I dont think your statement has much merit come to think about it.