Brady Quinn

pehawk

Reaction score
I like the idea Jseahawks had.

Quinn gets cut, what, triple zeros next week?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Quinn was a mirror image of what T-Jack looked like in 2011. No pocket presence, no accuracy, bad decisions, etc. Plus the OL didn't help him either. So it was 2011 all over again.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hope Quinn made lots of money with his EAS endorsements and other off field stuff because imo he will not play in this league again. Maybe a 3rd stringer for the Jags or Raiders...

bigcc

Reaction score
rightbench":q7h42mni said:
I understand that he threw a touchdown, but technically he threw an interception that Williams caught somehow.

ummm what? He also threw a TD that Williams dropped...... that being said theres just no room on the roster for him

bigcc

Reaction score
he's also 14/23 161 yards and 2 tds 0 ints so far..... sure t-jack is getting the job but don't act like he's played like a bum when he hasn't

-The Glove-

Reaction score
bigcc":1b6abz44 said:
he's also 14/23 161 yards and 2 tds 0 ints so far..... sure t-jack is getting the job but don't act like he's played like a bum when he hasn't
He HAS played like a bum

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
rightbench":14khi6tf said:
Does the guy have any upside? I understand that he threw a touchdown, but technically he threw an interception that Williams caught somehow.

Please learn what technically means. Technically he threw a touchdown, not an interception.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Quinn looked pretty decent in his first preseason game. I don't remember anything particularly awful about game #2. Looked awful last night, but the Packers made it a point to blitz the heck out of us. Obviously, T-Jack has won this competition easily, but Quinn hasn't necessarily looked worse than any number of average back ups across the league. People were talking about him having trade value just 48 hours ago.

OP
OP
rightbench

rightbench

Reaction score
funny how people feel the need to attack my grammar because they don't like my statement. (Hey look I didn't capitalize my F or put a comma in the right place).

my point esteemed johncarlson is that in reality, he threw an interception, and a rather ugly underthrown simple one at that. Williams made that touchdown happen. Someone who's not 6'5 is not going to reach over a defensive back and grab that ball.

Please invite me to the next grammar convention. I'm obviously hopeless.

Tical21

Reaction score
We could do a lot worse for a #3. I have actually been pleasantly surprised.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Yeah to be honest I don't think he's been all that bad. He just hasn't looked exactly spectacular either. I wouldn't mind keeping him as a #3 IF we have the roster room. I'm not sure we do, however.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3epomio4 said:
Quinn was a mirror image of what T-Jack looked like in 2011. No pocket presence, no accuracy, bad decisions, etc. Plus the OL didn't help him either. So it was 2011 all over again.

Sorry I don't agree with that. TJack was much better than what you're describing. What you're describing is what a lot of people act like he was. But in reality, while he wasn't great, he was decent enough to be a .500 qb. The way Quinn has played, there's no way he would've finished .500 with the 2011 team.

I don't think Quinn is good by any means. But he's about as good as a lot of teams back ups. This is what I think is happening here. Hawks fans have gotten so used to seeing RW be awesome, that it makes lesser qb's look that much worse. Which is a good thing. Nice to have our standards raised much higher than many people's were just a couple years back when they wanted Charlie Whitehurst to actually start real games for this team. (shudders at the very thought.)

mcbobly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3e7vano6 said:
My guess is we only keep 2 QB's. And then after cuts find a 3rd to stick on our practice squad. We should have signed Vince Young to be our 3.
You're kidding right? Young? I mean really, Young? Hahahahaha. He's as bad, if not worse, than Tarvaris.

mcbobly

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":3uw5p357 said:
I always thought they only brought in Brady Quinn knowing they would get Tjack to be the backup to Russel Wilson. Just wanted to give Tjack competition.
I sure hope you're wrong, cuz TJack SUCKS

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Brady Quinn proves, "White Men Can't Jump".... please take it as a joke, but Brady doesn't cut it... He's slow, doesn't make the right moves in the pocket, and his passing doesn't quite cut it... Brady Quinn won't be a Seahawk soon... :roll: