Boye Mafe Appreciation Thread

Jerhawk

Reaction score
There's one Seahawks in particular that I feel needs some more love and recognition, especially from the hometown fans.

Boye Mafe has been on an absolute tear this season! The 2nd year pro, former 2nd round pick from the University of Minnesota, has recorded a sack in six straight games, tying Michael Sinclair for the franchise record of consecutive games with a sack.

And his sack against Baltimore, while the game was still competitive, was a strip sack, coming around the edge on Jackson's blindside to knock the ball out.

Can we all give some love to Boye? This young man is really growing into a special pass rusher.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
He's turning into one of the elite pass rushers in the league. Nice to finally hit on one of these guys. I think at this rate he'll start getting double-teamed more at some point in the near future. I hope this is who he is from now on cause he's been a stud.

toffee

Reaction score
Love watching him play ball. He’s crazy good at rushing and getting to the ball carriers too. He is definitely the star of this defensive line. Him, Williams and Reed are a power Trio. I can only imagine what we’d be able to do with Nwosu healthy too.
And yet Jones is getting the big bucks.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
The NFL record for consecutive games with a sack is 11. He definitely has enough games ahead of him to break the record, and I believe he can. The question is will he?

RiverDog

Reaction score
He's having a breakout season.

Last year, he opened my eyes when in the preseason, he ran down Kenny Pickett, a very athletic quarterback. But he didn't do much of anything during the regular season. This year, he's really come into his own. He's one of the players we got as a result of the Russell Wilson trade.

Joshkihei

Reaction score
Love his energy and persistence to the ball
Imagine if the secondary could do the same we would be looking like a playoff team BOOM

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Nice to see one of our own developing into an elite pass rusher. Now if only we could get similar production from a couple of the other young DEs. We are starting to hear a few other names which will help Mafe. As the girls say though you’ve got to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince.

I like hearing Mafe’s name being mentioned play after play as he is reliably bringing pressure on opposing QBs. He for sure is not having a slump like some of the other young players. Except in rare cases it takes a while for young edge rushers to understand how to win the battles against opposing OLinemen. For sure he now has figured it out.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
There's one Seahawks in particular that I feel needs some more love and recognition, especially from the hometown fans.

Boye Mafe has been on an absolute tear this season! The 2nd year pro, former 2nd round pick from the University of Minnesota, has recorded a sack in six straight games, tying Michael Sinclair for the franchise record of consecutive games with a sack.

And his sack against Baltimore, while the game was still competitive, was a strip sack, coming around the edge on Jackson's blindside to knock the ball out.

Can we all give some love to Boye? This young man is really growing into a special pass rusher.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand - Murf would firmly agree with you!!!! Boy, I like Murf ;)

toffee

Reaction score
FOUR more to go: The NFL record for most consecutive games with a sack is 11, held by Kansas City Chiefs defensive lineman Chris Jones. Jones recorded a sack in 11 straight games from October 7 to December 23, 2018

Go Mafe!!

And Thanks Wilson!!

Seahawker

Reaction score
Love watching him play ball. He’s crazy good at rushing and getting to the ball carriers too. He is definitely the star of this defensive line. Him, Williams and Reed are a power Trio. I can only imagine what we’d be able to do with Nwosu healthy too.
I really think moving forward that this defense will be an elite fixture in the league very soon.