Bobby says Russ tried to recruit him to Denver 1 week before trade

Palmegranite

Reaction score
.....His play on the field was shit and getting worse. Only move left is to make a move. ......
The narrative he and his people have spent the last few years cultivating, will turn on him. ..
Speaking of narratives. Your's is one of a jilted fan.

His play on the field was shit?
That take is not adjacent to reality.

How about this for an alternate move(that should have happened 3 years ago): Russ gets an assurance from Pete Carroll that he will leave the offenseive planning/ schemes in the hands of his QB and his offensive coordinator, who should recognize the exceptional skills and potential of Wilson with the reigns loosened or removed, if he's at all competent.

Then Pete focuses his time and energy on the WAY-underperforming defence. Which is supposed to be his bread and butter yes?

Otherwise, save your post for a future season, where you can copy and paste in Drew Lock's name in place of Russell Wilson.

BASF

Reaction score

How about this for an alternate move(that should have happened 3 years ago): Russ gets an assurance from Pete Carroll that he will leave the offenseive planning/ schemes in the hands of his QB and his offensive coordinator, who should recognize the exceptional skills and potential of Wilson with the reigns loosened or removed, if he's at all competent.

Then Pete focuses his time and energy on the WAY-underperforming defence. Which is supposed to be his bread and butter yes?

Otherwise, save your post for a future season, where you can copy and paste in Drew Lock's name in place of Russell Wilson.
A very interesting perspective considering Wilson has been throwing the same route tree since college (both NC State and Wisconsin). Him deciding not to throw to his open underneath receivers constantly was not Carroll's decision, it was Wilson with the ball in his hands. Watch the press conferences after the Titans game to get some perspective on who was at fault.

Truth is that Carroll decided to bank on his future Hall Of Fame QB to be able to improve his game and allowed his defense to erode while paying Wilson a king's ransom. Then from your perspective tells his over paid QB not to throw certain things. Wilson throws the routes he wants to throw. It was when we brought in an offensive coordinator that comes from a system predicated on crossers and multiple options from the same look that Wilson had his people throw out the no confidence in the coaching staff. He doesn't want to throw over the middle. Maybe he has flash backs of throwing away our Super Bowl.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Why not assume that he actually did want to stay in Seattle, but just didn't want to play for Carroll anymore, or with this front office that keeps whiffing on surrounding him with good enough talent?

Why else would he choose Denver over Seattle?
Why not assume? This front office keeps "Whiffing"? Locket SUX & DK ain't much better LOLOLOLOLOL
Nice try, but NOT FACTUAL...Wilson wanted GONE, when Pete & John showed interest in Mahomes (competition)
It's the 'Seattle Seahawks' NOT the Seattle Wilson's.

John63

Reaction score

THIS^^ however I would submit that PC did agree to this only to recant when he realized this Defense was not doing well. PC has always said his offense was to augment his defense.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score

They should've traded him 3 years ago before the contract renewal

toffee

Reaction score
And went with Geno?
You got me thinking on this one.

If we traded Russ 3 years ago, we will not experience playoffs, in the past two years, but we would have lots of cap and drafts. Fans won't be happy but would the team be better off? As is, with Russ, we did experience first round and out, no draft capital.

Intriguing.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
You got me thinking on this one.

If we traded Russ 3 years ago, we will not experience playoffs, in the past two years, but we would have lots of cap and drafts. Fans won't be happy but would the team be better off? As is, with Russ, we did experience first round and out, no draft capital.

Intriguing.
So lots of cap and draft. Which would make this particular offseason weekend a little more interesting going back the last 3 years. But the cost?
I don't know about you but I enjoy watching the Seahawks play and win actual real games, on every Sunday throughout the fall and winter.

If I wanted to watch losers with lots of draft capital I'd tune in and watch the Browns, Jaguars, Giants et al(those poor,poor fans)

You don't know how good you've had it over the last decade..

Last edited:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
So lots of cap and draft. Which would make this particular offseason weekend a little more interesting going back the last 3 years. But the cost?
I don't know about you but I enjoy watching the Seahawks play and win actual real games, on every Sunday throughout the fall and winter.

If I wanted to watch losers with lots of draft capital I'd tune in and watch the Browns, Jaguars, Giants et al(those poor,poor fans)

You don't know how good you've had it over the last decade..
That is the the thing "Ten Years" The sandlot wiz got old fast..
It happens.You have to reload at some point and our point has
been here for some time.
You just have been spoiled by winning..I get it and your not alone.
I see a few having issues since "TeamRuss!"was terminated.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
That is the the thing "Ten Years" The sandlot wiz got old fast..
It happens.You have to reload at some point and our point has
been here for some time.
You just have been spoiled by winning..I get it and your not alone.
I see a few having issues since "TeamRuss!"was terminated.
Yeah, it's called succession planning.

All players, including the QB inevitably leave. Good organizations are not ill-prepared to replace them.
It appears that Geno Smith and Drew Lock are the plan.

Is that a good thing? Just asking?
...signed,
(A spoiled fan expecting better and not willing to settle for less.)

IndyHawk

Reaction score

All players, including the QB inevitably leave. Good organizations are not ill-prepared to replace them.

...signed,
I'm good with the draft..The plan is not complete yet and there is still FA/Trades.
We don't know how good our QB's will be in this system with full reps in it ect.
You can have your opinion -I like winning too but I want deep runs.
That wasn't going to happen with weak parts all over and a past prime QB taking
a big chunk of the cap.

scutterhawk

Reaction score

...signed,
"A Spoiled Fan EXPECTING Better And Not Willing To Settle For Less", and yet, over the last THREE SEASONS, LESS is EXACYLY what you got.