Biggest difference between Harbaugh and Carroll

The Radish

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2idy2w7h said:
Clearly, mretrade has not refused to read this thread.

Or post in it.

I wonder why these ninnir fans are here. Did their own sites get as tired of them saying the same old thing millions of times and chased them off?

I've never even considered going to a ninnir site, why would I? If we win that first game against them will he disappear for a while?

:roll:

Giedi

Reaction score
Tical21":2hhqdew5 said:
Have fun with the semantics and name-calling boys, but if I was building a team from scratch, the first coach I would call is Belichick. The next two would be Carroll and Harbaugh. They're that close. They're both ridiculous. It has to come down to what happens on the field then, right? I have to give it up, so far Harbaugh has the edge. It is really, really hard to argue what he's done at SF. And to give the credit to Singletary? That is just poor form. The good news is that there will be a tangible answer to this debate and it is going to be a helluva good one to watch.

I have to disagree with Kearly slightly. I don't think the coaches most important job is to build the team. I agree it is high on the list. But the good teams are all really talented. To me the most important job is to get the most out of the talent that you have. As to the OP, I would also bet that Harbaugh has almost as much control over personnel as Carroll does. The type-A coaches are involved in just about every discussion pertaining to their football team, unless they have an overbearing GM.

A coaches job is to coach. A GM's job is to built the team via player personnel moves. Considering both organizations are *different* in how they are structured, it's a tough comparison to make. The roles do overlap, no argument there, but the difference in the two roles is that the GM has to take the longer range view - in terms of several years, while the Coach's responsiblity to win his next game, which is a weekly time range.

But if you use wins and losses as a comparison criteria, since Coaches **main** responsibility is to win games, anybody can see the difference between the two of them.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
8 sacks > 19, 20 sacks. Right. (methinks you meant "led the rookies in the league," like Aldon Smith did last year, except Aldon had 14).

Of course, the irony here is that Scott McCloughan built the nucleus of BOTH of our rosters, if I'm not mistaken... lmao.

My bad yeah I meant led rookies in sacks.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
EastBay9er":2pez3y2m said:
http://youtu.be/WeS3VeluAmg
Jim is 3-1 against Pete in the NFL. And 5-1 college.

:49ersmall:

8-2
Harbaugh owns pete carrol :thirishdrinkers:
Enjoy it while you can. Wilson's gonna prove who the real man is up in the NFC West. :devil:

EastBay9er

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":13ab7za1 said:
EastBay9er":13ab7za1 said:

8-2
Enjoy it while you can. Wilson's gonna prove who the real man is up in the NFC West. :devil:

i think 42-13 was your super bowl

EastBay9er

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2qe305i5 said:
None of it has a thing to do with future games. As usual, a Niner fan living in the past.

"The best predictor of future behavior is … past behavior"

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, talking about 5 rings 2 decades ago, that never gets old. Or Niners fans saying they "own the Seahawks" when in reality the all time series is even, and the Niners have 2 division titles after a VERY long stretch of horrible seasons. :roll:

EastBay9er

Reaction score
EastBay9er":1ugxv211 said:
RolandDeschain":1ugxv211 said:
EastBay9er":1ugxv211 said:

8-2

i think 42-13 was your super bowl

LOL 5-1 all time super bowl record

EastBay9er

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2ca84kwo said:
Yeah, talking about 5 rings 2 decades ago, that never gets old. Or Niners fans saying they "own the Seahawks" when in reality the all time series is even, and the Niners have 2 division titles after a VERY long stretch of horrible seasons. :roll:

Hold on , im on topic as in Jim vs Pete, What are you talking about ? Im simply stating the obvious Jim's 8-2 record is the biggest indicator of future success against pete carrol's team(s)

I wasnt talking about Bill Walsh super bowl teams.
those teams have nothing all to do with the 2013 SF 49ers.. None

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not worth arguing w/a Niner fan. I'm not worried about the Niners, and you clearly are worried about the Hawks.

EastBay9er

Reaction score
That was a great LEGAL hit. I hate how the NFL is trying to legislate hard hits out of Football. That was text book hitting :49ersmall:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, way too many penalties for just playing hard football. It's too bad, pretty soon they'll have to put all the players in bubble wrap. Let em play!