Beastquake surpassed! Now also-ran.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Apparently, at the Seattle stop of Taylor Swift's latest tour, the fans did "Shake it Off", causing a 2.3 magnitude "Swift-Quake"

This surpasses the magnitude of "Beast-Quake".

Standing by for interesting comments from Marshawn Lynch....

Mick063

Reaction score
I give it two years until Kansas City breaks the Swift quake record.

Speaking of Kansas City, there is a difference.

There is a difference between a PA announcer instructing the crowd that on the count of three, we are going to break Seattle's record as opposed to organic, spontaneously created, non-stop deafening noise for the full duration of every opponent's offensive possession.

It just isn't the same no matter what the decibel meter says.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Apparently, at the Seattle stop of Taylor Swift's latest tour, the fans did "Shake it Off", causing a 2.3 magnitude "Swift-Quake"

This surpasses the magnitude of "Beast-Quake".

Standing by for interesting comments from Marshawn Lynch....
The amount of use I have for Taylor Swift - would fit nicely inside - well - something EXTREMELY small.

Like a mouse thimble or something.

Don't get it. But then again, I didn't get the Barbie movie either (haven't seen it). My son thought it was great (35). And, it made 500 million so far. So, really, what the hell do I know, right?! ;)

I'm estimating that I haven't 'gotten' pop culture in about 15 years. I'm sensing someone is on my lawn. I gotta go check!!! ;)

balakoth

Reaction score
I mean when you have more people, it becomes a bit easier.. also with the music contributing thats an interesting thing to claim heh

RiverDog

Reaction score
Until Taylor Swift jumps off the stage grabbing her crotch, it doesn't measure up to Beastquake.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
During the Taylor Swift concert, there was an amplified audio sound system with thousands of Watts of power and also the amplifiers of musicians on stage.

If there was a "Beast Quake record breaking challenge" it could be easily done with a sound system like she would have had in concert and a "frequency generator" set to a low tone around 20 Hertz (vibrations per second), especially when "pulsing" to a rhythm. I am an electronics technician specializing in audio and have a lot of experience in measurement.

So, in my opinion, this doesn't really break the "BeastQuake". Because "The Quake" was done by fans that were inspired by the excitement of the moment. There was no "sound system support"... Just "raw emotion".

Torc

Reaction score
I mean when you have more people, it becomes a bit easier.. also with the music contributing thats an interesting thing to claim heh
This. A crowd plus massive speakers at the concert beat just the crowd with the Beastquake. I know which one I'm more impressed by.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Yeah, I mean, when a lot of people gather together and jump it will cause ground to move.