"Beast Mode" has become mainstream (Big Brother)

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone watches the annual summer reality show - Big Brother, but the term "Beast Mode" is thrown around by all the 20 somethings on a regular basis. Before every competition at least one person says they have to go "Beast Mode". One guy calls himself "Beast Mode Cowboy".

It's funny how quick the term has become a major part of mainstream language. I thought it was just in Washington but these people are from all over the country.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Roar_(video_game)

Im starting to think Marshawn may have been influenced from this game in one way or another. Just my thoughts here, not for sure. But in the game, at the beginning of each stage, both players have a set amount of energy that is used to activate "Beast Mode", which causes the character to change into a Beast. Players may transform at any time after the letter "B" appears in the "Beast Indicator" below the players' life energy indicators. The Beast Indicator appears blue when storing the energy needed for transforming. When the Beast Indicator is fully charged, the word "BEAST" appears, and the player can activate Beast Mode by pressing a certain button. During Beast Mode, the amount of fighting moves available to the character increases, the character becomes heavier, 3% of the character's life energy recovers and the character's jumping ability increases.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdJ_DMlt3Io

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Back in highschool I lived in NY and had "Beast mode" on my powerder puff jersey back in 2006 . Not sure if Marshawn Lynch influenced that , he may have .

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
here in the bay area that term is quite familiar, especially during highschool in the early/mid 2000's.

Throwdown

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":2c4svjav said:
here in the bay area that term is quite familiar, especially during highschool in the early/mid 2000's.

Same here in WA.

From my years in HS, beast mode was used for anyone who went off in a fight, sport or whatever.