BB Suspended Indefinitely

Leee-roy

Reaction score
I think we should pool a few $K and hire somebody to give the Comish a big wedgie while saying "FREE BROWNER"....get it?
Yeah it was really stupid.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JesterHawk":27yjtox7 said:
CANHawk":27yjtox7 said:
KK84":27yjtox7 said:
MadSweeney":27yjtox7 said:
You guys are deluded about a lawsuit. He did it all to himself and has no one to blame but himself.

No. He definitely deserved punishment, but it should be done fairly. This is NFL Bullshit at its finest.

Yerp. Oooh, lets all bow down and respect the great and powerful Rog's authority... Douchenoz. Hope he gets the herps from a toilet seat.

I hope the next time he opens a soda, it does that thing where it just barely cracks the seal and the pulltab breaks off so he has to slurp is slowly through the tiny hole, giving himself a mild headache. And by the next time he opens a soda, I mean everytime he opens a soda or beer for the rest of eternity.
I'm hoping Rog gets a severe case of herpes from David Stern at the next commissioner's sleep over!

dunceface

Reaction score
I just skipped to the last page to ask who this Sweeney clown is and why he thinks he can go on a "moral crusade" to tell us why we can't be mad at the NFL for this obviously fishy carrying out of BB's suspension?? lololol

Sac

Reaction score
This suspension is such BS. He never should have been in stage 3. Nobody should be accountable for requirements of an organization that he is no longer a part of. This is ridiculous.

Yes, I know we don't need Browner. Yes, I know we have great depth and good players at that same position.

If BB was a Niner I would call this BS.

BreesIsOverrated

Reaction score
Maybe he should carry outside full auto weapons like Aldon Smith or rape women in bathrooms like Rapistberger and then pay them off, NFL would do nothing then.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Send lawyers, guns and money...

[youtube]lP5Xv7QqXiM[/youtube]

BocciHawk

Reaction score
kf3339":20xo00q8 said:
You all do remember when the NFL tried to suspend the vikings two DT'S and they sued the league and a judge placed a stay on their decision. They were still allowed to play while that whole matter played out thru the courts.

I think that is exactly what is going to happen this time, and he will be back with the team in the next two weeks. Just wait and see.

That's a very interesting comment, and I have to agree, it seems kind of plausible. If his agent and lawyer can prove that he has a decent chance of prevailing in court, and that irreparable harm would come to him if he was not able to play in the playoffs and Super Bowl i.e. no one can tell with any certainty how he'd perform, and what kind of compensation he'd get on his next contract if he plays in the Super Bowl vs. not playing in the Super Bowl, it is entirely possible a judge might do exactly that, put a stay on the decision to suspend him and allow him to play until the suit is heard.

It is possible to get an expedited hearing on a labor law issue within a few weeks, and it might even be faster if there is still a Special Master assigned by the courts specifically for labor issues in the NFL. (There was one for many years, but he retired, I think. I think there is a new one, if I remember, she's been doing it for a few years.)

Laloosh

Reaction score
I'm really curious what's gone on behind the scenes from the NFLPA camp. They've kept quiet about what's happened (which is what they're supposed to do).

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3cpt7cjw said:
Hasselbeck":3cpt7cjw said:
Clearly this process isn't fair, and I hope he wins his lawsuit against the league.

All that said, if he was tested some 200 times.. how freakin stupid do you have to be to try and get away with smoking some weed in a CONTRACT YEAR on a possible SUPER BOWL TEAM.
Because he's human? Or like myself think marijuana should be legal? Or maybe screwed up on how to mask it?

Everyone I know that is employed has to do drug testing but we still use and mask it. Personally under the draconian strictures he was under I wouldn't even leave my house! It's both offensive and ridiculous given IT'S a painkiller so is in widespread use. The NFL needs to get a clue already and stop testing for it like the other sports given it's NOT a performance enhancer or a violence enhancer like alcohol for example.

Weed being legal in the state of Washington means absolutely nothing. Many employers will terminate you on the spot for failing a drug test..

I also agree that the drug itself is harmless, but the fact he couldn't refrain from smoking when he was about to get a nice payday in free agency is astonishing. The fact he and Thurmond both basically couldn't refrain from smoking when this team is on the cusp of something incredibly successful.. is astonishing.

It would be like your boss going up to you tomorrow and saying.. hey.. in April, you're going to triple your salary.. all you have to do is NOT smoke weed.

Are you going to really tempt fate and continue to smoke?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
WOW! Really surprised to see this. I really thought that BB had a great chance of winning his appeal, especially after hearing more and more about his situation. This just isn't right.

Polaris

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1hb17hal said:
WOW! Really surprised to see this. I really thought that BB had a great chance of winning his appeal, especially after hearing more and more about his situation. This just isn't right.

I think the crux of the problem (and John Clayton thinks this too) is that the story became public. As such the NFL is facing a sack of snakes and is going to be bit no matter what. That was why the NFL wanted BB to play ball and accept at least some suspension in order to save face.

Now, if Browner isn't suspended, the NFL looks week. Apparently, the NFL is willing to risk a lawsuit they could very easily lose instead.

Rocket

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2cjx733f said:
Weed being legal in the state of Washington means absolutely nothing. Many employers will terminate you on the spot for failing a drug test..
That's true in a simple at-will employment situation, but...
BB is employed under both an employment contract and a collective bargaining agreement...
so it ain't as simple as failing a piss test at Freddies.

mikeak

Reaction score
The NFL is doing this to limit the damage in a lawsuit. Suspend him indefinitely make him eligible for next season and BB had less of a case for substantial damages. Drag this out now suspend him next season and he won't get a good contract and damages would be $10million plus

Axx

Reaction score
I was going to win a super bowl.... but then i got high

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Obviously a hot topic and I've not made my way through all of the thread so forgive me if this has already been mentioned:

One question for me would be, did the NFL ever state to Browner exactly what stage he was at in the substance abuse program? I suspect not as from what I've read Browner shouldnt even have been allowed back into the NFL initially. The Hawks FO were certainly not aware. This suggests a lack of informed consent for Browner when he decided to do what ever it was that caused the suspension.

It's difficult to forecast what might happen as at the end of the day the NFL is a private company with it's own set of rules which ultimately you have to abide by.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I think if athletes are allowed to drink they should be allowed to smoke...but that's just me and clearly not the case. So....(correct me if I'm wrong, cuz I could be):

Level 1) Browner failed a piss test in the NFL

Level 2) Browner is guilty of nothing here, screw the NFL tests, he wasn't in the NFL

Level 3) Browner again tests positive, this time with the Hawks

OK...he didn't deserve the 3 strike thing, but let's not ignore the fact he risked his occupation and our SB hopes with his most recent dirty test. I don't feel bad for Brandon Browner. I feel bad for the other 52 Hawks, staff and us. But unlike us, some of those people will never get another shot at a ring. Great player, selfish human. Aloha Brandon Browner.

Rob12

Reaction score
A couple thoughts here:

The Seattle Seahawks have never had these types of expectations before. On paper, a team here has never been better. On the field, the Seahawks were backing it up week after week. Brandon Browner was tested over 200 times by the NFL. He knew he was on their radar and he chose—CHOSE—to smoke pot and put not only his future on the line, but the success of the Seahawks and their (our) Super Bowl aspirations. He let himself down. He let his teammates down. He let the 12’s down. It’s great that he admits to his mistake but the onus is not on the NFL right now. He came to Kennewick with Richard Sherman and Doug Baldwin, claiming that he was ready to win a Super Bowl for the 12’s and he would do everything in his power to make that happen. I wonder if he was holding true to that promise when he blazed up a joint. Look, I get that there are much worse things in the world than smoking some MJ, but the implications and consequences of his choice has hurt the team (distraction and weakening depth) and his future in the league. He was going to get paid, exorbitantly—and he blew it.

I am a Seahawks fan first. I could stand behind Browner if what he did was defensible, but it’s really not in my eyes. I can’t justify backing him on this because he knew what could happen and he chose to tempt fate and roll the dice. He made his choice and I don’t hate him for it, but no one should be surprised by the outcome. Golden Tate said it was selfish and he was speaking the truth. It was and it goes against what this team is trying to accomplish this year. If more comes out that proves his innocence, I will more than readily admit to being wrong.

Now, the NFL does need to look at some things. They need to look at how more serious offenses go essentially unpunished. It’s not even and it’s not fair. But again, Browner had to of known the consequences and if he truly didn’t, he needs to fire his agent immediately. If he can sue the NFL and win, that’s great for him.

But I flat out cannot shake the feeling that he put himself above his team and he knew what the outcome would be if he got popped. Maybe he felt invincible. Maybe he felt that the consequences of getting high would not end in this, but he had to of known that it could possibly hinder the team and his future.

You won’t find me arguing that what has happened to Browner is right. But to absolve him of blame (which some here and in real life seem to be doing) just doesn’t resonate with me in the least.

Next Man Up and we’ll be fine. You messed up, dude. I wish you the best moving forward.

Rob12

Reaction score
It's important to me to make it clear that I am not judging BB as a man. He seems like a good dude. As a member of the Seahawks, however, I think judging the situation based on what we know is fair. Time will tell more of this situation, of that I am sure. If BB still has a fight left, I hope he wins. I also hope that if he does, he finds employment elsewhere next season.

Someone said that this suspension and last year's suspension are two different things. Maybe that's true. I do think that it does, at the least, cast doubt on BB's ability to make sound decisions as a member of the Seahawks. That might sound harsh, but it's how I feel.

My opinion is always just that - my opinion. I'm not claiming to be right. I just dislike the whole situation and the distraction that it is bringing to our team.

Again, if BB and his legal team can put something together that results in a lesser punishment, I'm more than good with that. I don't question his loyalty and commitment to the Seahawks but I do question his ability to stay on the field and be counted on.