ATL staying in seattle? Man East coast teams are weak

andyh64000

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":3o5a4m41 said:
Aros":3o5a4m41 said:
Yeah soft or smart? Have them acclimate to the weather and time zone for a full week before playing...I can think of a million worse things to do as a team.

Actually I am not sure this is smart. There are very real trade-offs that have to be considered, not the least of which it throws off your practice routine day to day with a different facility and accommodations, not to mention not sleeping in your own bed for an extended period of time. I believe there was an article written a couple years ago that detailed this and the results. I'll search for it if I can, but I believe it concluded there wasn't a great deal of benefit to staying on the road for a back to back because of the other impacts.

I agree with this. I travel a lot (80+ nights in hotels so far this year...I am writing this from a Hotel room) and you definitely lose some energy and focus living on the road...you eat different food you sleep in a different bed you live and breathe in a different environment. It wears on you...especially during a two weak stretch. And it is not like they need to adjust to the time zone or elevation. This is going to end up negatively affecting them.

themunn

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":30e7l87c said:
Funny thing is just quickly looking up flights, Denver would seem to be in the middle of Seattle and Atlanta so its not like two close East Coast cities. The travel time from Denver to either city is about the same. I know they usually have their own jet but still, Denver isnt close lol

Right, but Atlanta is even further.

You can either fly 3 hours from Denver to Seattle and settle in and be fresh for the game, or you fly 3 hours from Denver to Atlanta and then 6 hours from Atlanta to Seattle - that's just pure flight time as well, it doesn't take into account getting team bus to the airport, waiting around - getting off the plane, team bus to hotel etc which can easily add another 3-4 hours to each journey.

Largent80

Reaction score
We will see what it does/did for their performance, but they are running into a buzzsaw either way.

NINEster

Reaction score
Largent80":17iht5du said:
We will see what it does/did for their performance, but they are running into a buzzsaw either way.

IMO, there's more an issue for the Falcons having the game possibly flexed than any of these travel issues.

The night games favor west coast teams historically (even those games played on the East Coast).

pmedic920

Reaction score
NINEster":1tgz2hm2 said:
Largent80":1tgz2hm2 said:

IMO, there's more an issue for the Falcons having the game possibly flexed than any of these travel issues.

The night games favor west coast teams historically (even those games played on the East Coast).

Game won't be flexed.

The way I understand it, any flexed game requires a 12 day notice.
This was mentioned in another thread, not my knowledge of the rules :{)

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... id=1944974

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
pmedic920":3vs6izdn said:
NINEster":3vs6izdn said:
Largent80":3vs6izdn said:

Game won't be flexed.

The way I understand it, any flexed game requires a 12 day notice.
This was mentioned in another thread, not my knowledge of the rules :{)

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... id=1944974

NFL should flex it. The national games have been god awful this year. And the tv ratings are WAY down. like 16% down.

Although we already know the NFL doesn't like us hosting night games cause we blow the teams out and turn it into a stinker quickly.