ATL staying in seattle? Man East coast teams are weak

Hawks46

Reaction score
Islander":30zpu57l said:
The bigger question is - why didn't the Seahawks travel directly to Charlotte after beating Minny in the playoffs??

Or travel to Atlanta after playing Washington in the playoffs ? Our team looked tired at first and took an entire half to wake up.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I think the games u guys are mentioning the hawks starting slow were all 10 am games right???

fuego

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1hoiojie said:
Im surprised more aren't agreeing with me.

It's a distraction if you ask me.

I think most are just disagreeing with the 'weak' statement in the title. I don't agree with you, but I get where you're coming from about the other things like distractions, etc. But one could look at it as it's less distracting. Concentrate on football all week.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Definitely not weak, that's for sure. Though there are pros and cons to what they are doing.

Largent80

Reaction score
They will spend a day watching fish fly at the Market. It is known.

And trust me, having travelled a lot. It makes a huge difference when you are not in your own bed.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
fuego":d92a4isu said:
gowazzu02":d92a4isu said:

I think most are just disagreeing with the 'weak' statement in the title. I don't agree with you, but I get where you're coming from about the other things like distractions, etc. But one could look at it as it's less distracting. Concentrate on football all week.

I get it... but I liken it to admitting that something is a problem. Thats why Pete never admits that the 10 am games effect the team, even though there is a huge amount of evidence to say the contrary. If you admit theres a problem, that means its in your head.

NINEster

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2tt3dsbf said:
Remember Bill Belicheat snapping his fingers and getting the NFL to change their scheduling habits to help out east coast teams when they have to "GASP" travel west???

Well now ATL is staying in Seattle after playing in Denver yesterday. My god East coast teams are soft. No matter the fact that we travel almost 10,000 more miles this year then Atl does. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2016- ... he-fewest/

Baby soft. Enjoy your hotel, and not seeing your families for a week.

Anything wrong with SF staying in Ohio for back to back 10 am east coast games a few times under Harbaugh?

Much ado about nothing, really.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
seahawksny":2ef4s7ss said:
Islander":2ef4s7ss said:
The bigger question is - why didn't the Seahawks travel directly to Charlotte after beating Minny in the playoffs??

And previously in 2013 when they went to washington and then Atlanta.

The combined scores by Carolina and Atlanta in those two games in first half alone was something like 52-0
A ditto from me on this too.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I don't see how having to fly cross country multiple times, cross all those timezones over and over, and deal with jetlag makes you stronger. Every time I have had to travel like that I feel weaker and exhausted.

Sounds like a smart plan to rest up and prepare for the game to me. I think that will just make them stronger, not weaker.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
gowazzu02":18ws9ass said:

First of all it completely changes what you normally do. Which in of itself admits that its a concern. You ever think Pete or RW would admit to being concerned about anything?

It gets them out of their own bed. I do some traveling for work and get put up in nice hotels but you never quite sleep the same.

It gets them away from their families,

Funny thing is just quickly looking up flights, Denver would seem to be in the middle of Seattle and Atlanta so its not like two close East Coast cities. The travel time from Denver to either city is about the same. I know they usually have their own jet but still, Denver isnt close lol

JSeahawks

Reaction score
After spending a week and a half in Colorado and Washington, by next Sunday they should all be really high and mellow.

kf3339

Reaction score
Perhaps the reason they are staying in Seattle is they want to see what a "REAL" nfl team looks like! :lol: :lol: :irishdrinkers:

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
NINEster":257omjsa said:
gowazzu02":257omjsa said:
Remember Bill Belicheat snapping his fingers and getting the NFL to change their scheduling habits to help out east coast teams when they have to "GASP" travel west???

Well now ATL is staying in Seattle after playing in Denver yesterday. My god East coast teams are soft. No matter the fact that we travel almost 10,000 more miles this year then Atl does. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2016- ... he-fewest/

Baby soft. Enjoy your hotel, and not seeing your families for a week.

Anything wrong with SF staying in Ohio for back to back 10 am east coast games a few times under Harbaugh?

Much ado about nothing, really.

Wait a minute, you're going to use the actions of another weak team to justify the actions of a weak team? C'mon mann. :stirthepot:

Seriously though, I think it really depends on the players and their state of mind. If they are upbeat about it and eager it will be good. If they dread it or are irritated by it then it is bad for them.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
I just have a hard time believing the good out-weighs the bad. Players want to be home in their own bed! Really all this does is save a couple of flights and piss off players! I think I recall another team trying this against us a few years back and if I remember correctly, we beat them soundly! Our guys will be rested in their homes and beds and Falcons will be upset staying in a hotel, taking a bus to and from practice (not quite as cushy as a Benz), no women to soothe aching "bones", LOL, not a good strategy in my estimation!

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I guess nobody should bother sleeping in a hotel since everyone is unable to get sleep outside of their home. No idea where this myth came from.

I dont think they did this to save time or airfare. It was to build a family/team atmosphere. Going through something together. They will be more focused IMHO. Less distractions and less local media blowing sunshine up there arse. Good move for them. I still don't think they will win but I like the idea. I wish our team had done this on previous East coast games.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1yjlbr86 said:
After spending a week and a half in Colorado and Washington, by next Sunday they should all be really high and mellow.

Well I think we can crown a thread winner!

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
It's all about the particular team in these scenarios. Obviously if Quinn felt like he had players who would benefit more from going home between games he would have done that. There's no need to determine a categorical imperative for this kind of thing.

Chris Peterson shutting out the media the week before the Ducks game could have been seen as "weak," but he knows his team and what it needs. The results proved he was right.

mikeak

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":j6bn0gi1 said:
I just have a hard time believing the good out-weighs the bad. Players want to be home in their own bed! Really all this does is save a couple of flights and piss off players! I think I recall another team trying this against us a few years back and if I remember correctly, we beat them soundly! Our guys will be rested in their homes and beds and Falcons will be upset staying in a hotel, taking a bus to and from practice (not quite as cushy as a Benz), no women to soothe aching "bones", LOL, not a good strategy in my estimation!

What about the Panthers then? Truly a West Coast trip and they will do the same thing before playing us

Oakland then Seattle

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports ... 87387.html

"But the schedule-makers, as they generally do for teams with lots of West Coast travel, gave the Panthers an option to mitigate the long flights. Carolina likely will stay out west between their games at Oakland (Nov. 27) and Seattle (Dec. 4), according to a team source."

Latest posts