Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Texans)

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
davidonmi":etn65hom said:
how I think it will play out is our offense struggles in the first quarter but our d keeps us in it and we trail 6-0, we start to run well in the second which sets up a play action where wilson hits Tate for 30 yards and a TD.
Texans however lead 9-7 at halftime.
The seahawks lead an 13 play 75 yard drive that goes for about 6:30 minutes capped off by a 10 yard TD by Zach Miller, the drive keyed by multiple third down receptions by doug baldwin.
The texans add a FG and after 3 it's 14-12 hawks.
The texans are driving with about 8 minutes left but Schaub is sacked by Avril, and stripped of the ball. Recovered by Mebane.
The seahawks run an awesome 4 minute drill that eats up 6:30 minutes and the Ryan punt pins the Texans back inside their own 10.
With the hawks revamped pass rush they hold and take an ugly one 14-12.

I really like the optimism, but the detail sounds as if you've already seen the game!!!!

I wish I were as clairvoyant.

Nail-biter...10-9, last second field goal, Hauschka. Raible goes crazy (as usual). That's the exact score of this game. Book it. Either that or one with different numbers in different places, but guaranteed, there will be whole numbers in the score.

I have Sirius. Always listen to Raible and Moon, watch (if it's on) with sound down. 506 says I get the game Sunday. Can't afford DirecTV yet.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I gotta say, I'm not anywhere near as optimistic hearing about the state of health of our OL right now. Okung out, Unger and Breno possibly out? That does not bode well for the state of our quarterback, running back or offensive production.

I won't revise my original prediction but let the record show I do think this will be our first loss of the year.

Sac

Reaction score
Aros":aw37ulc8 said:
I gotta say, I'm not anywhere near as optimistic hearing about the state of health of our OL right now. Okung out, Unger and Breno possibly out? That does not bode well for the state of our quarterback, running back or offensive production.

I won't revise my original prediction but let the record show I do think this will be our first loss of the year.

Your level of optimism is not commensurate to the level of pessimism on the texanstalk message board.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I predict a final score of 38-13 Seahawks.

I think the Seahawk defense gets 4 turnovers (vs: 1 for Houston) and the backups enter the game in the early 4-th quarter ahead by 20 +/- points. This game should produce at least 1 pick-6 by the defense and 3 TD passes for RW.

GOSeahawks

Reaction score
28 10 hawks the d pretty much dominates and we break loose in the second half making it look easy

Sac

Reaction score
GOSeahawks":1tvskfm2 said:
28 10 hawks the d pretty much dominates and we break loose in the second half making it look easy

I don't think this will be the case.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Whew! Okung out ... and now Giacomini and Unger look like they won't be able to go as well. The Seahawks have 3/5 of the starting Offensive Line out going against a very talented Texans team ... on the road ... who's basically at full strength ... obviously angry and embarrassed by the way they played last week ... playing in front of their home crowd. Yikes! This is a good team that the Hawks are facing this week. I liked our chances to pull out a close, hard fought win coming in to this week, but I don't know that I can honestly say that now.

I hate to say it ...

Texans 20
Seahawks 17

(though it wouldn't completely shock me to see the score go the other way, as the Hawks pull this one out in a nail biter.)
Please prove me wrong Seahawks.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3aors82q said:
Whew! Okung out ... and now Giacomini and Unger look like they won't be able to go as well. The Seahawks have 3/5 of the starting Offensive Line out going against a very talented Texans team ... on the road ... who's basically at full strength ... obviously angry and embarrassed by the way they played last week ... playing in front of their home crowd. Yikes! This is a good team that the Hawks are facing this week. I liked our chances to pull out a close, hard fought win coming in to this week, but I don't know that I can honestly say that now.

I hate to say it ...

Texans 20
Seahawks 17

(though it wouldn't completely shock me to see the score go the other way, as the Hawks pull this one out in a nail biter.)
Please prove me wrong Seahawks.

Precisely how I'm feeling about the game right now. I won't change my pick (bad form) but had I known what I know now with the state of the OL when I made my prediction I would go with a loss. The Seahawks still have the ability and depth to pull it out but a loss here shouldn't surprise anyone.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Miami Herald's Prediction

This is now 4 weeks in a row that Cote has gone with the other team in terms of covering the point spread. It's also his third time he has gone with the other team winning outright.

From sportswriter Greg Cote:

SEAHAWKS (3-0) AT TEXANS (2-1)
Line: SEA by 3.
Cote’s pick: HOU 24-21.
TV: 1 p.m., FOX.
Upset! Houston was my preseason Super Bowl pick (yes, I still admit that), and I like Texans to bounce back big at home here after that embarrassing loss to Ravens. Seattle, though good everywhere, is not as dominant on the road, and is due a stumble. The recipe for HOU: A lot fewer penalties than last week’s 14, no Matt Schaub INTs, Andre Johnson (shin) in the lineup and J.J. Watt reminding Russell Wilson he isn’t in his home comfort zone.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/27/3 ... picks.html

razgriz737

Reaction score
The recent OL developments do worry me, but I think our defense will be able to keep us in this one even if our offense stalls.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I see this one being tough in the beginning. I can see the Seahawks struggling and even being behind. However that said I think the Hawks will catch up sometime in the late 3rd early 4th quarter and keep the lead for the win.

Seahawks: 23
Texans: 17

Record: 3-0

Ozzy

Reaction score
Seahawks 24-14

Not as worried about the offensive line as most seem to be. Wilson's game seems to improve when under distress and when he is forced to throw on the run. Defense is motivated after giving up 17 last week. Browner will shut down a hobbled AJ and Hopkins has no chance against Sherman. I see Schaub throwing a couple picks trying to force the ball to Hopkins with AJ being a decoy. Just can't see their offense doing anything. They are similar to San Fran and we know how that went.

3-0

jake206

Reaction score
Can't see how we're going to pass block JJ Watt and Co without potentially, Okung, Breno, and Unger. No if all 3 are out, its a loss. And this will not be a high scoring game. Texans 9 - Seahawks 3.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
This thread and others like it, needs less Chicken Little and more GO HAWKS!

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Can anyone score multiple td's on our starting defense?
I'm not buying it unless we are playing one of the 4 super qb's.

Hawks: 31
Texans: 6

(YTD 3-0) .......but who isn't

Latest posts