Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Panthers)

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I watched last year’s game again yesterday just to recover the mindset. First thing that occurred to me is how much roster turnover we have had since then! A lot of guys on that video are no longer here.

Keys to that game were, in my eyes.

Pressure on Newton- Clemons was key here. I think he only had one sack but he was on Newton like a wet blanket that whole game. Newton never got into a Rhythm in that game. This is where Mayowa, Avril and the other additions will need to earn their pay.
Take Steve Smith out of the conversation- Sherman, Browner and even Trufant did an excellent job of this last year. Sherm even instigated a body slam from Smith right in front of the refs! Brilliant!
Limit Luke Kuechly’s involvement- He was a presence in that game last year and he has gotten even better this year! The Run game is going to be key here. Lynch carried a lot and ground out his yardage last year. With the Backups he has now we should be able to ramp this up another notch. Also need to point out the Carpenter actually looked pretty good that game. He will need to be again.
Special Teams- Our ST guys, especially Farwell were on point that game and will need to be again. The addition of Ted Ginn Jr. is a concern that should not be taken lightly.
Wilson- He actually looked a little rough in first half of that game with two Interceptions but he had a huge Golden Tate reception negated by a penalty and he actually wound up pretty solid on the whole for that game. Nothing like his late season form but still pretty damn good.

My prediction - Seahawks 24-13

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I hate when I have a dream of the Seahawks playing the upcoming game and they look terrible. I dearly hope it was no premonition and merely a manifestation of my own fears. Wilson had 2 picks, the offense couldn't drive, and we were down 10-0 at the half. Everybody in my dream was so disappointed. I think it's all the national hype that brings out those deep seeded insecurities in those of us who have been diehard Seahawks fans for decades. I'm looking forward to the real Seahawks to prove the dream wrong.

13thMan

Reaction score
Aros, for what it's worth, I'm sure you're not alone... This Sunday will tell me all I need to know. If we come out flat and/or unprepared, it's going to be a long season... Otherwise, it's going to be a fun one. Here's hoping for the latter....

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I don't think points will be easy to come by on Sunday. Carolina's D is pretty good up the middle and should be fired up at home to start the season. I'm worried about our DL and have a feeling we might get worn down inside. I think the Hawks are more talented but this is a tough spot for any team.

Panthers 20
Hawks 17

13thMan

Reaction score
Agreed Absolut... the lack of pass rush could really bite us in this one. Still fully expect us to be competitive as your score would indicate. Will be a good 'ol fashion slugfest at least hopefully....

cacksman

Reaction score
13thMan":1oc4s8f6 said:
Aros, for what it's worth, I'm sure you're not alone... This Sunday will tell me all I need to know. If we come out flat and/or unprepared, it's going to be a long season... Otherwise, it's going to be a fun one. Here's hoping for the latter....

Aren't you the one who said he would be thrilled with 10-6? You need some more confidence, this is the best Seattle has ever had going into the season.

Also, even if we lose this one, doesn't mean doom for the rest of the year. See Jacksonville '05.

13thMan

Reaction score
cacksman":3d2xxs2a said:
13thMan":3d2xxs2a said:

Aren't you the one who said he would be thrilled with 10-6? You need some more confidence, this is the best Seattle has ever had going into the season.

Also, even if we lose this one, doesn't mean doom for the rest of the year. See Jacksonville '05.

I would be thrilled with 10-6 because:

A. The NFC W is brutal this year...
B. We have arguably the toughest schedule in the NFC...
C. The entire NFC is pretty good for that matter....
D. We don't play consistently well on the road....
E. I'm not going in with lofty expectations because I don't want to be disappointed.

All that said, I expect a playoff berth one way or the other, and yes, you're right, a loss at Carolina does not spell doom, however a loss at Carolina and then again at home vs. 49ers would, IMO...

At least football is back.....

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
13thMan":2mdqi8se said:
cacksman":2mdqi8se said:
13thMan":2mdqi8se said:

I would be thrilled with 10-6 because:

A. The NFC W is brutal this year...
B. We have arguably the toughest schedule in the NFC...
C. The entire NFC is pretty good for that matter....
D. We don't play consistently well on the road....
E. I'm not going in with lofty expectations because I don't want to be disappointed.

All that said, I expect a playoff berth one way or the other, and yes, you're right, a loss at Carolina does not spell doom, however a loss at Carolina and then again at home vs. 49ers would, IMO...

At least football is back.....

Man that's exactly what I'm talking about... bummer for you.

Here's my modest expectations: Anthing short of 12-4 and at least a birth in the NFCCG is going to be a failure (IMO) for this team. Am I going to jump off a bridge and swear I'll never watch the seahawks again if that doesn't happen?? Nope. I'll simply look forward to 2014. Disappointment is for every fan of every team that doesn't win the super bowl, so tempering ones expectations because they're scared of disappointment and failure is part of that old, tired Seahawks thinking!!

All in, baby.

redhawk253

Reaction score
uncle fester":3b4dn4qs said:
redhawk253":3b4dn4qs said:
Skip refuses to eat crow and calls it carolina sucking.. Literally is served a plate of crow on espn and makes a 10 min tyrade about how the raiders could have beat carolina handily.

That is all. Go seahawks!

Poetry. :)

Haha i knew all those english/lit classes in college would pay off some day!

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Aros":1pxxwmsa said:
I hate when I have a dream of the Seahawks playing the upcoming game and they look terrible. I dearly hope it was no premonition and merely a manifestation of my own fears. Wilson had 2 picks, the offense couldn't drive, and we were down 10-0 at the half. Everybody in my dream was so disappointed. I think it's all the national hype that brings out those deep seeded insecurities in those of us who have been diehard Seahawks fans for decades. I'm looking forward to the real Seahawks to prove the dream wrong.

I had a dream not to long ago that I had made a hole-n-one on the 18th at my local golf course, but when I had reached the green (at the speed of dream mind you) the hole was like three feet in diameter and I remember thinking, wtf! anyone could do that. But it doesn't end there...

Later that next evening I picked up a checker gal from the local Safeway I'd been hitting on for awhile. Bada boom Bada bing, the lights were all green and smacked it out of the park.

Moral of the story; Sometimes your dreams really do portend future events but I am going to wager your dream was just of the nightmare variety. 8)

'Hawks 31
Other guys 13

jewhawk

Reaction score
Carolina is a talented team, but they are held back by the worst coach in the league. In the two years under Rivera, they are 2-13 in games decided by 7 or fewer points. He makes so many inexplicable in-game decisions that will cost his team a few games every year. I really like Newton and the Panthers are good enough to easily beat inferior competition, but no one will blow out the Hawks and if this game is close, Rivera will find a way to give the game to us just like last year when he tried an elaborate rollout pass play on 4th and goal at the 1 instead of letting Cam jump over the pile to take the lead.

Seahawks 31, Panthers 19

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I'm with Aros. First game of the season, a little slow start potential and defensive fight ending in a close win.

16-13. Lots of FGs in this one, but later in the game the offense picks up and starts rolling.

If this was in Seattle at 1PST it would be 34-6.

aawolf

Reaction score
Some of you guys who expect blowouts might want to temper your expectations. Carolina has a legit D-Line that's every bit as dominating as St. Louis or Arizona last year and those lines gave us fits. They cover for their weak secondary by bringing pressure on every snap and the LBs can stop the run. Our offense will not be as effective as those predicting 30+ points. Just be warned, this will be a lower-scoring game. I don't think either side breaks 20 points.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
aawolf":23rczl2y said:
Some of you guys who expect blowouts might want to temper your expectations. Carolina has a legit D-Line that's every bit as dominating as St. Louis or Arizona last year and those lines gave us fits. They cover for their weak secondary by bringing pressure on every snap and the LBs can stop the run. Our offense will not be as effective as those predicting 30+ points. Just be warned, this will be a lower-scoring game. I don't think either side breaks 20 points.

I won't temper my expectations. That's for others to do.

27 - 17 for the good guys

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Dom's correct. We'll leave tempering expectations to people that can't handle disappointment when it comes. Best to be an emotionless robot so you can't get let down in life, right? :roll:

13thMan

Reaction score
In life? Or in football? Sports? Ummmmm..... horse racing? Blackjack? Poker?...... At Applebees perhaps? Lol.....

My week isn't determined by whether or not the hawks won or lost on Sunday, to be clear.... I think my expectations are right in line with what I've seen thus far of this team, as well as my football knowledge in general.... Would I be surprised if the hawks went in there and trounced carolina in a couple days? Not at all! Do I EXPECT it? Not so much..... however, the preservation of my emotions has nothing to do with it, one way or the other.

jake206

Reaction score
i agree with aros, we're gonna start off slow this season. But once we get back all injured or suspended players, we'll be fine.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":1ohuo2a0 said:
Aros":1ohuo2a0 said:

I had a dream not to long ago that I had made a hole-n-one on the 18th at my local golf course, but when I had reached the green (at the speed of dream mind you) the hole was like three feet in diameter and I remember thinking, wtf! anyone could do that. But it doesn't end there...

Later that next evening I picked up a checker gal from the local Safeway I'd been hitting on for awhile. Bada boom Bada bing, the lights were all green and smacked it out of the park.

Moral of the story; Sometimes your dreams really do portend future events but I am going to wager your dream was just of the nightmare variety. 8)

'Hawks 31
Other guys 13

So which Mod edited my post? They used to leave a calling card.