Are you guys still loving hockey?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I love Hockey. I just hate how much the Kraken suck this year. I catch myself not watching it nearly as much as other sports. Hard to explain. I only watch the Kraken. With Football, I can't get enough of it, pro and college. Baseball a little less, but I'll def. watch a lot more than just the M's.
It's a great question. As I look at it now, def. not super hyped about hockey outside of Seattle. I thought I would be too.

HawkoTuesday

Reaction score
Love hockey. Played for 15 years. Yeah, I didn't expect the Kraken to come out this poorly after a great season last year. Just going to have to tinker with the lines until something works.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Now that some initial hype is over what is your thoughts compared to other sports?
I don’t know much about it which I find refreshing and fun. Being “innocent” and not knowing the rules makes it more enjoyable unlike football for me. I’ve definitely been watching more Hockey lately than I have NFL. This last week was the first time I voluntarily avoided and didn’t watch a single NFL game. It was nice. Watched hockey instead.. my wife thought I was sick lol

CactusJack

Reaction score
Hockey isn't my thing. I've tried. It just doesn't do anything for me. I didn't play or consume it growing up. So, I'm sure that's partly why.

I've kept the avatar despite my disinterest lol.

I also find the current NBA to be somewhat boring. It has lost its appeal.

I'm still a Football junkie. Both College & Pro.

I watch Baseball more so when the M's are competitive. But I've definitely tuned them out at certain times.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Of all team sports, NBA is by far the least interesting for me. Egotistical roided-out jocks and flops, no thanks.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Hell yes.
Last year was magic. Those Playoffs Admittedly.
But I've loved Hockey ever since I saw my first game in Buffalo (Hasek was goalie and the crowd was screaming 'I'm Blind. I'm Deaf. I wanna be a Ref') Who couldn't get swept up in that?

We have an expansion team but one that you can actually watch. That's a coup already.
They are streaky this year. Not so much a threat for playoffs, but you always have the chance they go on a run. (or a swoon).

No matter what, they aren't the Mariners. The Kraken actually bother trying to win.
It's a breath of fresh air compared to the absolute trash our 'baseball' team has served us. Also, Kraken home games are a blast (even though they cannot seem to win when I go).

I'm a Husky/Seahawks/Sonics fan who turned into a Seahawks/Husky/Kraken/Sonics fan.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
I love hockey. BUT - I am a San Joe Sharks fan. So this year has been............challenging.

FML

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Hockey is a good sport, but it's hard to make time for it when I'm knee deep in football season. Plus I watch a bit of basketball and baseball each year, too. All in all spend enough time on sports.

Maybe I'll be a bandwagon playoffs fan if the Kraken make it. It's the least I can do.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Got rid of Directtv so no more root sports means very little opportunity to watch them or the Mariners (the Mariners part is more of a blessing.)

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
When the parade is in Vancouver in June you guys should attend to see what it's like...

NoGain

Reaction score
The NBA has turned into the no-D league. You look at the scores at the bottom of the screen...130 points, 140 points, 128 points, 124 points, 134 points...it's ridiculous. It's like they only really play defense in the playoffs.

Chevy

Reaction score
I'm trying to like it, but I'm too consumed with Seahawks and college football and bad Mariners (because of ownership).