Are we better or worse than last year?

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Better on offense, have some work to do on defense. but with improvement the Hawks will be as good or even better as last year, What matters is who is the hottest team going into the playoffs , last year was Seattle, we were not going to lose.

sc85sis

Reaction score
It's going to be difficult to field a team going forward as deep on both sides of the ball as the Hawks were last year because of salary cap. Last year was the culmination of the team rebuilding via the draft and free agency. Everything came together (other than the weird o-line injuries that we somehow survived). This year we had to lose some experienced guys like Golden, Thurmond, et al, and we're playing some younger guys who have never started before. They'll have their growing pains and should improve throughout the season. Next year they'll be better, but then we'll lose some more guys because of the cap. And so on each year.

I think as long as Pete and John are in charge, our staff stays strong with good teachers and guys keep buying in, we'll remain a top team. But we'll probably be a team that is good at the beginning of the year and REALLY good at the end.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Too early to tell, IMO. Tempted to say better because of the slate of QBs we've faced to open this season thus far, though.

themunn

Reaction score
Don't forget, games 4, 5 and 6 ast year were an OT win at what ended up being the league's worst team, a loss to the Colts, and a game against the Titans that we almost threw away. Then we also had a game against the Rams that went down to a goalline stand and went 21-0 down to the at-the-time 0-8 Bucs.

The only extended period of time we looked dominant was when we whooped on the Falcons, Vikings and then Saints after the bye. By that respect I think we look a lot better this year already, but thanks to a much tougher schedule, may end up with less Ws than last year. I think the end result will still be the same though

el capitan

Reaction score
I think the way to look at it (since know one can say with any degree of certainty whether this years team would have done as well against last years schedule or vice versa) is could this years Seahawks beat the '13 Hawks.
Last years Defense was arguably one of the greatest of all time and as good as this years team is I haven't seen anything in the first three games to make me think they could beat the 2013 Hawks.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1rwvfxx1 said:
Considering the competition, we're better this year. Much better.

I don't know about much better, but I will say I think overall we're further along than we were last year at this time, even though we were 3-0.......especially on the offensive side of the ball.

Hopefully history will continue to prove true about Pete Carroll teams, that they improve as the season goes along and when we have this conversation again in week 10 or 12 this won't even be a debate anymore.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
ZagHawk":zuxmsot1 said:
Same. Offense took a step forward, Defense took a step back. If offense continues to improve and defense picks back up, then we'll be better. :)

This is how I feel too.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ZagHawk":yjgmvgjc said:
Same. Offense took a step forward, Defense took a step back. If offense continues to improve and defense picks back up, then we'll be better. :)
This. I think we are worse depth wise, but time will tell if that is really true!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3tgiqqil said:
ZagHawk":3tgiqqil said:
This. I think we are worse depth wise, but time will tell if that is really true!
:13: on what you both said.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Not many franchises in history have fielded a team better, or as good, as the team that just won them a SB.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
We are better now than we were through the first 3 weeks of last season.