AP Comeback POY: Geno Smith

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Well obviously the folks that gave him that award because he came back from being a bottom of the League, and obscure nobody that was supposed to only win 5 games at the most and felt that he earned it by putting in the hard work, and record breaking numbers that he put up, that's not "Breaking Out" that's Breaking misconceived opinions.
So overachiever award? Most improved??

sc85sis

Reaction score
Congrats to Geno! However, I too must admit I was baffled that he didn't attend? Everyone else who received an award did. Maybe he was ill or something unexpected came up?
It also possible he just didn’t want to make too big a deal about it — i.e., he ain’t wrote back though…. In some ways, that’d be very refreshing.

Donn2390

Reaction score
He was the only winner That decided not to show up.
I'll have him give you a call, he shouldn't be accepting awards without first conferring with you.
Would you care to venture a guess as to why he wasn't able to attend? Wouldn't it be advisable to learn the facts before casting aspersions. Should we not re-sign him for this malfeasance?

Last edited:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I'll have him give you a call, he shouldn't be accepting awards without first conferring with you.
Would you care to venture a guess as to why he wasn't able to attend? Wouldn't it be advisable to learn the facts before casting aspersions. Should be not re-sign him for this malfeasance?

Youre the one bringing up that his cpoy was a team award. Yes, he should have showed up and if he couldn’t, designate someone to accept the award for him. How about Woolen, who attended?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. Cool that he won. Just a funny name for a breakout season. He didn't come back from anything other than sitting on the bench and carrying a clipboard.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I love that he won as Seahawks fan but it seems like someone who overcame a massive injury should probably get it? I'll get killed for that take but not sure I agree he deserved it. He deserves something for wiating 10 years and then having a monster year but comeback player of the year doesn't seem to fit to me. I'll take it though.
A great player coming back from injury is commonplace. What Geno did is remarkable. I still hope we draft a qb, but kudos to him. Well deserved.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
He did send someone in his place, Don't remember who the guy was but there is a video of it

No he didn’t. He got announced,the announcers looked around confused and then just said Geno wasn’t there.

Donn2390

Reaction score
I know that's sarcasm, but there are people who actually believe he's not only a Super Bowl level QB, but that 35-40 mil a year would be justified.
He's a good QB who can keep them Playoff - but not championship level for a couple years. There are WAY too many holes to be filled on this team.
Now, IF they had a damn good defense and were loaded in the trenches, Geno and the team could absolutely do some damage.
No he didn’t. He got announced,the announcers looked around confused and then just said Geno wasn’t there.
OK, perhaps he didn't have anyone, I didn't watch the ceremony , I just saw this video that implied he was there for Geno. No sound so I couldn't hear what was said. Actually there was sound, but no CC so I was left out.

If I was wrong, I apologize for misspeaking...

DaveG

Reaction score
Not bad for a guy who was rated #33 of 32 starting QB's before the season.

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Damn man, you sure get worked up over Geno. Relax man. People have their opinions, keep that BP down, bad for your health to freak out over every little "slight" you think people throw at Geno. He had a hell of a season. He also played 17 games, so that whole "record breaking" numbers thing, meh.
Geno is a good QB, he is not Elite. You make it sound like he's top 5 in the league.
Just stop with your Condescending Bulls#*t Fishy, Stupidity ALWAYS p*$$es me off, your OPINION does NOT trump mine, or any other Level-Headed Seahawks Fan, so get the hell over yourself.
The fact that you don't agree with my take on the Geno Smith Matter? I really don't give a flying rats a$$.
I backed the hell off of your NONSENSE in other posts, TRYING TO MAKE PEACE, but, you saw that as a sign of capitulation/ weakness-> enough is enough of your bULL$#IT!

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
So overachiever award? Most improved??
NOPE, they GAVE HIM the >>>>"Comeback Player of The Year Award"<<<<, AND IT'S FOREVER in the History Books, NOW...whether YOU or Soulfish like it or not?? I don't care, Put that in your pipe & smoke it....Don't y'all just hate me and the folks who gave him that award being RIGHT, and you being WRONG????? LOLOLOL

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Meh, not that important overall. He had a hell of a season and his teammates love him. Good enough.
It's a milestone that Russell Wilson coveted, and NEVER ACHIEVED, so it may not mean sh*t to you, but it IS A PRESTEGIOUS AWARD.
Your downplaying it doesn't make it any less a SPECIAL accomplishment to the PLAYERS all across the NFL, Don't ya just hate having an inconsequential opinion on this matter? LOLOLOLOLOL

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I don’t feel differently than if Geno had not won this award or his pro bowl nomination, but those might inflate his value such that the Only way he stays is if we tag him.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Well obviously the folks that gave him that award because he came back from being a bottom of the League, and obscure nobody that was supposed to only win 5 games at the most and felt that he earned it by putting in the hard work, and record breaking numbers that he put up, that's not "Breaking Out" that's Breaking misconceived opinions.
That's the thing, he didn't come back to elite numbers because he never had them in the first place to come back to. See, "back" is the key word here. You can't come back to a place you've never been. What he did do was exactly breaking out because he never had numbers close to that before and after years of mediocrity and irrelevance, he has broken out with his record setting numbers. These are literally literal definitions of words here, not emotions.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
"Makes no Sense TO YOU, BUT Apparently that line of crap didn't "Work For" the folks who ACTUALLY DID MAKE him the "Comeback Player of The Year" LOL nice try though Pelvis
Even though it's the media who hates Seattle and whose opinions aren't worth a damn anyway that vote on it? Or is it media is bad when we don't get an award and good media if we do?