Anyone up for a Frank Clark Reunion?

KinesProf

Reaction score
Nah, save for an Nwosu extension and hopefully a Taylor extension if he builds upon his 6.5 sack -> 9.5 sack start to his career.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Based on Alton's combine scores, he was not particularly quick or explosive, but he did play faster. Alton's 10 yards split: 1.65sec, vertical: 35.5", broad jump: 9'11", 3-cone: 7.32sec.

Those are pretty good numbers for a DE.

As far as Frank Clark goes, he's been coasting since he signed his contract in KC. However, I heard on 710 that he's a good player against the run.

Frank's sack numbers: 8, 6, 4.5, 5. That's less than 6 sacks per season.

Mase

Reaction score
-- Hard, hard NO !! Didn't like the pick when we drafted him, sure as hell don't want a rerun. Guys like him, Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, they can all rot in hell. It isn't a Chief thing, it's more of a D bag thing.

Mase

massari

Reaction score
He still had a respectable 11.4% pressure % last season, and always comes up clutch in the playoffs (third all time with 13.5 postseason sacks behind only Willie McGinest and Bruce Smith).

$10M APY in a contract like Nwosu's would be fine.

sdog1981

Reaction score
A team can never have enough pass rushers and he played hard for Pete. If the price is right, go for it.

Polk738

Reaction score
15mill? is over-rated?

5 sacks 1 FF ...12% pass rush win rate

by comparison Chenna had 9.5 sacks, 3 FF and a cap hit of a little over 6 million last season so what do YOU think?

BASF

Reaction score
Darrell Taylor with all of his struggles had more tackles, solo tackles, tackles for loss, sacks and forced fumbles than Frank Clark in the past two seasons. In fact, if you count Taylor's rookie season in which he did not play due to injury, he still has more sacks than Clark in that three year span. Clark is overrated and overpaid.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Frank Clark appears to be on the outs with Denver and may soon be available either as a FA or by trade. He does have a favourable contract and might be a solid add for the team perhaps the team might be able to trade a younger player (like Taylor) for him and a late draft pick.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I was just looking at his contract and there's good value there, because Denver is paying most of it in a signing bonus. His salary for this season is only $1,177,500. Assuming we got him closer to the deadline (after the Browns game), it'd only cost us a little over $600k (just over $69k per game). Assuming we make the playoffs, his history of amping up for the playoffs would be worth that IMO. Obviously this assumes something like a conditional late round pick.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I’m all for improving the pass rush. I don’t want them to sign Clark which might force them to sit Mafe. That would not be a good thing.

However Clark’s good friend Reed is back so there is a good chance he would be interested should the Seahawks come calling.

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think too many people look at his season stats and shake their head. He's had a LOT of subpar regular season games, but he always seems to make a big splash when it comes time to make the playoffs. His salary is basically vet minimum for us and he could be used rotationally to keep guys fresh. I think it could be a win win for us. I don't really see much of a downside to it as long as we keep the compensation minimal.

Last edited: