Any waiver wire targets?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but it seems more appropriate in this one.

Danny Shelton got released by the Chiefs. I think he would be a good add to the Seahawk defense. He is solid and can provide an interior pass rush.

sdog1981

Reaction score
He is solid and can provide an interior pass rush.
Full stop. He provides 0 pass rush and that is why he has been on 5 teams in 7 years. He is a classic 34 nose tackle that eats up blocks.

Own The West

Reaction score
OJ Howard, Devin Funchess, and Pettigrew from the Rams are out there depending on what you think of our TE room.

Sony Michel was cut for the Penny draft-redo crowd.

Malcolm Butler's out there too -- but I'd only want him to talk #$@% in our first game...

No LBs blew my skirt up.

Look for Jake Browning bagging groceries at the Wallingford QFC soon as well...

JustTheTip

Reaction score
OJ Howard, Devin Funchess, and Pettigrew from the Rams are out there depending on what you think of our TE room.

Sony Michel was cut for the Penny draft-redo crowd.

Malcolm Butler's out there too -- but I'd only want him to talk #$@% in our first game...

No LBs blew my skirt up.

Look for Jake Browning bagging groceries at the Wallingford QFC soon as well...
By the Kurt Warner model that means Jake should be brought in next year to shock the NFL and lead the Hawks to a dynasty.

willyrobt

Reaction score
Full stop. He provides 0 pass rush and that is why he has been on 5 teams in 7 years. He is a classic 34 nose tackle that eats up blocks.
I thought we went to a 3\4 defense. He would be a good fit in that scheme.

kf3339

Reaction score
I thought we went to a 3\4 defense. He would be a good fit in that scheme.
If we didn't have Al Woods, Brian Mone, and Poona Ford I would agree. But all three can man the nose tackle spot for this year. Another good pass-rushing DE in the 3-4 could make sense, but really think we are good with our D-Line.

willyrobt

Reaction score
If we didn't have Al Woods, Brian Mone, and Poona Ford I would agree. But all three can man the nose tackle spot for this year. Another good pass-rushing DE in the 3-4 could make sense, but really think we are good with our D-Line.
I would usually agree, but have you seen our defensive line in preseason? They could use all the help they can get.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Right. Mone gets injured every other game.

ivotuk

Reaction score

Chris Streveler thanks girlfriend, reacts to being cut by Jets

BASF

Reaction score
I would usually agree, but have you seen our defensive line in preseason? They could use all the help they can get.
In '05 the defensive tackles were getting chewed up by the run game in the preseason. Several of us wanted to move on from Chartric Darby. When the real season started, the defensive tackles were one of our main strengths. We ended up with a top five run defense. Darby rotated in with both Bernard and Tubbs and solidified the position. It is actually funny, because Poona reminds me a lot of Darby.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
With a team in rebuilding/retooling mode, I personally pay less attention to team needs and depth at a position and focus instead on the best players available and potential future production (similar to drafting when a team is rebuilding). If Shelton is one of the best players available and is likely to still be producing a couple of years from now (it's not uncommon for a space-eating interior lineman to be productive deeper in their career than some other positions), I say why not take a flyer on him. My biggest concern with Shelton is, "why has he been cut by so many teams?"

And, I am not certain the interior d-line is as deep as it appears on paper. We have had many years when we thought certain position groups were strong only to be surprised by mid-season. RB and WR stand out in that respect over the last 5-6 years. How many times have we talked about our depth at RB and WR during preseason only to find out that our 3rd and 4th WRs weren't nearly as good as we thought they were, or had a couple of RB injuries and had to scramble to cobble together some semblance of an RB room?

I'm not going to pound the table for Shelton, but with the switch to a 3-4, I am intrigued by the potential.