jammerhawk

Reaction score
Manion is to be a PS addition.

two claimed so far are

DE- Darryl Gordon, Atl.
CB- Isaiah Dunn, Jets

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Mannion is probably a bit more capable in real play than Eason is.

Darryl Johnson is an interesting claim.
I thought the same. On the one hand, his athletic profile and background are intriguing given the new scheme. On the other hand, I have a hard time seeing him supplant one of the guys already in the fold at that position. Will the subsequent roster move be a cut in another position group? My first thought is this may be the end of the road for one of my personal favs and one of .net's favorite whipping boys.

willyrobt

Reaction score
In '05 the defensive tackles were getting chewed up by the run game in the preseason. Several of us wanted to move on from Chartric Darby. When the real season started, the defensive tackles were one of our main strengths. We ended up with a top five run defense. Darby rotated in with both Bernard and Tubbs and solidified the position. It is actually funny, because Poona reminds me a lot of Darby.
That is true. With 3\4 defense we should have three big men in the middle to clog everything up. Then let our outside guys run crazy. We have some fast people out there.

RiverDog

Reaction score
It looks like we're bringing Justin Coleman back, so that will make three players that need to be cut to make room. My guess is that LJ Collier will be one of them:

sutz

Reaction score
It looks like we're bringing Justin Coleman back, so that will make three players that need to be cut to make room. My guess is that LJ Collier will be one of them:

In the Times, they're saying that Collier will be IR'd.

willyrobt

Reaction score
If we didn't have Al Woods, Brian Mone, and Poona Ford I would agree. But all three can man the nose tackle spot for this year. Another good pass-rushing DE in the 3-4 could make sense, but really think we are good with our D-Line.
I see what your saying and you are probably right. I just feel like because of injuries you can't have enough.

willyrobt

Reaction score
In '05 the defensive tackles were getting chewed up by the run game in the preseason. Several of us wanted to move on from Chartric Darby. When the real season started, the defensive tackles were one of our main strengths. We ended up with a top five run defense. Darby rotated in with both Bernard and Tubbs and solidified the position. It is actually funny, because Poona reminds me a lot of Darby.
I love Poonas motor. He will be very good this year.

Latest posts