Any news on BBK?

Jville

Reaction score
To date, the staff has been relatively quite about BBK .... presumably being careful with him. He is on the practice field today.

Burr-Kirven, a fifth-round pick out of Washington, had sports hernia surgery this offseason, but is close to returning.

“He is on the verge of being with us,” Carroll said. “He’s just proving to the trainers that he can do all of the activities. He’s running full speed. He’ll be involved with the walkthroughs and stuff like that, so he’s ready to pop back out here within a few days I would think.” --- (July 25th)
Source >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-injury-updates-following-day-1-of-training-camp[/urltargetblank]

Jville

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":3cukppjc said:
Don't get on here as often as I like so I probably missed something...how's BBK doin? Haven't heard anything about him.

07302019 main bar 131648 768x566

Burr-Kirven says there are similarities in what he’s going to be asked to do with the Seahawks and what his role was at UW, with the biggest difference being that he will have to play more in space and drop into coverage and defend passes.

“But it makes sense with the body type I have and the way our defense works,’’ Burr-Kirven said. “Right when I got here it made sense the way they play that position.’’
Soon, maybe even later this week, Burr-Kirven will finally get a chance to join Barton and everyone else on the field.

“It’s going to be a lot of nerves, I think,’’ he said, anticipating his first snap in a full-scale NFL practice. “I think it’s probably going to feel like the first game of any season again because I’ve kind of been sidelined a long time. I can’t wait to get out there and show the guys the kind of player I am.’’
A rather complete review and update appeared late yesterday evening on Ben Burr-Kirven. >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/husky-turned-seahawk-ben-burr-kirven-i-cant-wait-to-get-out-there-and-show-the-guys-the-kind-of-player-i-am/[/urltargetblank]

ttown0026

Reaction score
I believe he had been injured, so I assume that is why there has not been a ton of updates on him.

On the other hand, I have read quite a few positive articles on the other rookie LB Barton. Carroll called his INT one of the best he has seen.

Seymour

Reaction score
I'm wondering why it is OK to call a rookie that may not make the team "BBK" like everyone on the planet would have a clue who that is??

Ien in spaceship cartoon sticker 1539712327219355

D

DomeHawk

Seymour":1w66ex5n said:
I'm wondering why it is OK to call a rookie that may not make the team "BBK" like everyone on the planet would have a clue who that is??

It's a Seattle thing.

sutz

Reaction score
ttown0026":e2l96u60 said:
I believe he had been injured, so I assume that is why there has not been a ton of updates on him.

On the other hand, I have read quite a few positive articles on the other rookie LB Barton. Carroll called his INT one of the best he has seen.
BBK had sports hernia surgery back in May IIRC. They spotted a problem right after the rookie mini-camp and got it done in the hopes of getting him ready for the season, at least.

So far, I guess he has suited up, but has only done basic individual drills. Not ready for contact, I guess, which isn't surprising with a core injury like that. It actually sounds similar to what Procise had done, and apparently in both cases it was a long term situation that might date to their college days.

Let's hope it's successful.

OP
OP
PlinytheCenter

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Seymour":2nv8fiux said:

I watched a presser with Pete and that's what he called him, so I assumed it was a common thing. Guess not...

sutz

Reaction score
DomeHawk":o7n608fr said:
Seymour":o7n608fr said:

It's a Seattle thing.
Well, I think most of the PAC-12 knows who he is, too. So any football fans on the west coast probably knows the label.

:snack:

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
"might not make the team" LOL ok dude. Do you watch football?

McGruff

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2qfdf900 said:

What have you noticed from watching BBK play in the NFL so far?

pehawk

Reaction score
My bad, thought this thread was about something else. I figured the "K" was just a typo.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
pehawk":l4qzohwp said:
My bad, thought this thread was about something else. I figured the "K" was just a typo.

Have to get around the parent filter on the Google search

GeekHawk

Reaction score
McGruff":1kuka7te said:
Chukarhawk":1kuka7te said:

That he's a rookie. That that was a stupid question. That so far, every rookie "might not make the team" in your view. For that matter, every rookie on every team "might not make the team" this year. This will be the first year in history where the entire draft "doesn't make the team". After all, what have we noticed from any single one of them "in the NFL so far"?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

D

DomeHawk

sutz":2r6gkt1l said:
DomeHawk":2r6gkt1l said:
Seymour":2r6gkt1l said:

It's a Seattle thing.
Well, I think most of the PAC-12 knows who he is, too. So any football fans on the west coast probably knows the label.

I get it, his initials aren't exactly a household name but:

2018 Pac-12 Football Scholar Athlete of the Year
2018 Pat Tillman Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year
2018 CoSIDA Academic All-America Second Team
2018 CoSIDA Academic All-District 8
2018 First-Team All-America (Associated Press, FWAA, ESPN, Athlon's)
2018 Second-Team All-America (TheAthletic.com, Walter Camp Football Foundation, SI.com, Sporting News, CBS, USA Today)
2018 Honorable Mention All-America (PFF)
2018 All-Pac-12 First Team
2018 Academic All-Pac-12 First Team
2018 Lott IMPACT Trophy Finalist
2018 Bednarik Award Semifinalist
2018 Lott Impact Trophy Semifinalist
2017 CoSIDA Academic All-District 8
2017 Academic All-Pac-12 First Team
2017 All-Pac-12 Second Team
2016 CoSIDA Academic All-District 8
2016 Academic All-Pac-12 First Team

AND, he led the nation in tackles his senior season!

https://gohuskies.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6766

McGruff

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1dexkz6a said:
McGruff":1dexkz6a said:
Chukarhawk":1dexkz6a said:

That he's a rookie. That that was a stupid question. That so far, every rookie "might not make the team" in your view. For that matter, every rookie on every team "might not make the team" this year. This will be the first year in history where the entire draft "doesn't make the team". After all, what have we noticed from any single one of them "in the NFL so far"?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I wasnt yhe one questioning if guys on an internet football fan forum "even watch football."

McGruff

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2g94b4vh said:
sutz":2g94b4vh said:
DomeHawk":2g94b4vh said:
Seymour":2g94b4vh said:

It's a Seattle thing.

I get it, his initials aren't exactly a household name but:

2018 Pac-12 Football Scholar Athlete of the Year
2018 Pat Tillman Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year
2018 CoSIDA Academic All-America Second Team
2018 CoSIDA Academic All-District 8
2018 First-Team All-America (Associated Press, FWAA, ESPN, Athlon's)
2018 Second-Team All-America (TheAthletic.com, Walter Camp Football Foundation, SI.com, Sporting News, CBS, USA Today)
2018 Honorable Mention All-America (PFF)
2018 All-Pac-12 First Team
2018 Academic All-Pac-12 First Team
2018 Lott IMPACT Trophy Finalist
2018 Bednarik Award Semifinalist
2018 Lott Impact Trophy Semifinalist
2017 CoSIDA Academic All-District 8
2017 Academic All-Pac-12 First Team
2017 All-Pac-12 Second Team
2016 CoSIDA Academic All-District 8
2016 Academic All-Pac-12 First Team

AND, he led the nation in tackles his senior season!

https://gohuskies.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6766

In fairness, John Schneider didnt know who he was either.