Antoine Winfield *2012* highlights

RichNhansom

Reaction score
drdiags":3ne8sojq said:
If Trufant's back and general health hadn't taken hits, his tackling is almost as good as Winfield's.

Winfield isn't invincible but if he stays healthy buys the Seahawks time to find a long-term 3rd corner (with long-term being 3-4 years since anything over that doesn't seem realistic).

I agree Trufant is a sure tackler but the slot is not his normal position it was one he was still learning. Winfield is I believe, an even better tackler and playing the position he has played the bulk of his career. I think Winfield is an small upgrade at everything Tru did well but a huge upgrade in the area of instincts and that makes him much more versatile and dangerous.

Love Tru but there is no shame in being replaced by a guy of Winfields caliber.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
In particular, two things stood out.
1. He controlled a zone against Detroit that we had trouble controlling with Trufant.
2. He laid wood on Alfred Morris. That is no easy task.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
So I noticed that Winfield has worn #26 his entire career, first with the Bills, and then with the Vikings.

If #26 in Seattle was held by a practice squad guy, I imagine he could get it here, too... but I don't see Mike Rob giving up his number.

What number does Winfield get? 27, since it's one better than 26? 23, since Winfield is essentially replacing Tru and was drafted #23 overall back in 1999?

What say you all?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3jaqodg4 said:
So I noticed that Winfield has worn #26 his entire career, first with the Bills, and then with the Vikings.

If #26 in Seattle was held by a practice squad guy, I imagine he could get it here, too... but I don't see Mike Rob giving up his number.

What number does Winfield get? 27, since it's one better than 26? 23, since Winfield is essentially replacing Tru and was drafted #23 overall back in 1999?

What say you all?
21. It's available. 27 is Guy.

And no need to pick the number of the player that you're expected to replace. A bit of a respect issue to me.

JKent82

Reaction score
Great for scramblers and outside runs. Winfield looks like he lives for that stuff. Screens are gonna be tough for teams with him and KJ out there. I single out KJ because he's always in the backfield on screens.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
He should also have a big impact on scrambling QB's like Cam, RGIII and Kaep. Offences will have to factor him into their game plan and with a decent pass rush , Wagner and our secondary, that doesn't leave alot of room for error.