Another possible reach??

Seymour

Reaction score
Collier was ready to play last Sunday and was a healthy scratch from the 53. This to me is another concern for our top 1st round picks.

Last 4 top picks are getting to be a real concern, and it could be argued this loss of value is taking a big toll on our talent level overall.

2015 Ifedi -- definite reach and costing us every week
2016 McDowell -- ignored red flags never played a down
2017 Penny -- 1st round RB's should beat out fumbling 7th round picks...- Reach
2018 Collier -- jurries out still but early indications for a 1st round pick are not good

Thoughts??

Reaction score
We currently have an embarrassment of riches at the DE spot with the trade for Clowney and Ansah returning this week - Collier is a full participant in practice, but no need to rush him back. We had other roster spots we needed depth at, so Collier didn't get the nod this week.

Me thinks thou dost protest/complain too much ;)

Penny may have been a bit of a reach, but he's shown good burst when in space.....we just have not used him very well situationaly.

And I get the complaint about Carson's fumbles...but most have been great punchouts on nice runs by Carson....I think he needs to find a way to hold onto and control those, but I honestly think that most backs in the NFL fumble on those punch-outs.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Seymour":1pp4pnjb said:
Collier was ready to play last Sunday and was a healthy scratch from the 53. This to me is another concern for our top 1st round picks.

Last 4 top picks are getting to be a real concern, and it could be argued this loss of value is taking a big toll on our talent level overall.

2015 Ifedi -- definite reach and costing us every week
2016 McDowell -- ignored red flags never played a down
2017 Penny -- 1st round RB's should beat out fumbling 7th round picks...- Reach
2018 Collier -- jurries out still but early indications for a 1st round pick are not good

Thoughts??

Ifedi and McDowell go without saying.

Penny has flashed potential and honestly I think he should be given the go to start sooner rather than to see what he can do.

Still to early about Collier. I'm eager to see him get more snaps.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Yes - Pete can spin it any way he wants to but it is a really bad sign.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":y3dw01dv said:
We currently have an embarrassment of riches at the DE spot with the trade for Clowney and Ansah returning this week - Collier is a full participant in practice, but no need to rush him back. We had other roster spots we needed depth at, so Collier didn't get the nod this week.

Penny may have been a bit of a reach, but he's shown good burst when in space.....we just have not used him very well situationaly.

And I get the complaint about Carson's fumbles...but most have been great punchouts on nice runs by Carson....I think he needs to find a way to hold onto and control those, but I honestly think that most backs in the NFL fumble on those punch-outs.

Do we???

That "embarrasment of riches" got us ZERO SACKS and ZERO PRESSURES against Teddy 2 gloves. :roll:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
He played 19 snaps against a QB with a very low time-to-throw.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":15dgq7n2 said:

Who is this to and who is "he"? :roll:

The title subject didn't suit up.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seymour":3np5x7dt said:
MontanaHawk05":3np5x7dt said:

Your OP was about Collier.

Not that hard to figure out, unless you just don't like the one doing the posting and feel like being difficult.

Reaction score
Seymour":3dd244en said:
Chrome_Seahawk":3dd244en said:
Do we???

That "embarrasment of riches" got us ZERO SACKS and ZERO PRESSURES against Teddy 2 gloves. :roll:
Sometimes I wonder if we posters even watch the same games - No, we didn't sack Teddy 2 Gloves, but that wasn't because of a lack of push by our Pass Rush - it was rather because the Saints had devised a game plan to get the ball out of his "Gloves" as quickly as possible - whether that be on quick slants or outs, or on screens to Kamara.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2z7o97cs said:
Seymour":2z7o97cs said:
MontanaHawk05":2z7o97cs said:

Not that hard to figure out, unless you just don't like the one doing the posting and feel like being difficult.
Collier was a healthy scratch/inactive vs. Saints

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ax3kqyp5 said:
Seymour":ax3kqyp5 said:
MontanaHawk05":ax3kqyp5 said:

Collier did not play 19 snaps!

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article235411367.html

He played 16 against Pittsburg and NONE on Sunday and that is the NEW concern....a game day scratch!!! :roll:

It's not hard to figure out. :177692:

The Seahawks made the curious decision to leave the finally-healthy Collier inactive for Sunday’s home loss to the New Orleans Saints. He was benched one game into his career.

Seattle’s rookie first-round draft choice had been grinding for more than a month, sidelined from late July through the opening game of his NFL debut season by a badly sprained foot and ankle. In week two at Pittsburgh, Collier finally arrived. He played 16 snaps of the Seahawks’ win over the Steelers Sept. 15.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It would be nice to see the team work Collier in more as the season progresses and that applies to Blair as well. I like what we're getting from Barton, BBK and Ugo but they need to clean up the penalties.

That being said, "reach" is a concept made up by fans after reading too many mock drafts. Finding good players is what matters, not what a player was listed at on a consensus mock draft big board on the internet somewhere. It's too early to say much about the 2019 draft class but here's what a pundit thought about the biggest reach in 2018.

The Indianapolis Colts' selection of South Carolina State linebacker Darius Leonard with the fourth pick in the second round was one of the draft's worst moves. They took four second-rounders, so they had plenty of room for error, but this one stands out as a head-scratcher... For whatever reason, we woke up Friday in a world where Indianapolis thought taking an FCS linebacker in the top 40 was a good idea.

With the benefit of hindsight, 31 NFL teams wish they had "reached" for Darius Leonard earlier than the Colts did. NFL teams aren't and shouldn't be afraid of drafting a player earlier than mock drafters think they should go if they think that's the right player for them. As fans, we can judge whether those picks turn out to be good NFL players but it's silly to talk about where players were supposed to go.

Reaction score
Am guessing that Montana was referencing Ansah's 19 snaps vs the Saints but I'm not certain.

endzorn

Reaction score
I’m not going to lie, I’m more than a little concerned with how we’ve drafted the last half decade. Metcalf appears to be a very good pick, but Schneider hasn’t exactly been hitting a bunch of home runs. We trade and trade and then draft a bunch of guys well before they are expected to go. Schneider always has the line about GMs calling and saying they were “just about to pick him”, but if that’s true I think it’s probably a bunch of GMs screwing with him.

When the draft is over they go on and on about how good the picks were, but these guys are rarely turning into who they say they are. That’s why my tune has changed and I’m much more willing to trade picks for established talent.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
To be fair our most productive DE's have been Jefferson and Jackson. Are you going to make Collier active over Clowney and Ansah? No, I didn't think so...

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think Collier and Blair are still suffering from missing so much of camp. It's not like they are 6 year vets who missed all of camp and can step right in. That was important time for them. You might hold out hope that they'll be up and running by the end of the season but that's not necessarily a guarantee. It might take until next year and a full off-season before they can be counted on to see the field consistently.

***Edit*** I think this is mostly the case with Blair as there is a lot of trust that has to be earned in the secondary. Collier probably doesn't need as much time but he does have to show he's more deserving than the people ahead of him.

xray

Reaction score
Seymour":shocknkc said:
Chrome_Seahawk":shocknkc said:

Do we???

This year's redemption of the pass rush is not that great .

ivotuk

Reaction score
Zero sacks because Sean Payton's strategy was get the ball out quickly. AND, he has one of the best Offensive Lines in the NFL.

About L.J. Collier, Todd McShay 8:35 in...

ESPN NFL Draft Analyst Todd McShay joins Brock & Salk with his evaluation of UW QB Jacob Eason and what his draft stock looks like one month into the season. McShay also weighs in on why LJ Collier hasn't been impactful and why Gardner Minshew has taken the league by storm.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... lk+Podcast

getnasty

Reaction score
Seymour":2dm4spw1 said:
Chrome_Seahawk":2dm4spw1 said:

Do we???

Cam Jordan must be horrible because he didn't have a sack on Sunday and Russell dropped back like 55 times and held the ball i lot longer then Bridgewater did. Let's wait at least a season before calling someone a bust, which still isn't long enough.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":r0dov0vo said:
Am guessing that Montana was referencing Ansah's 19 snaps vs the Saints but I'm not certain.

Exactly why I asked who!!
Correct, Ansah had the 19 snaps in the game we are talking about this week.

Latest posts