"American Underdog" The Kurt Warner movie, and stay in the pocket

toffee

Reaction score
I watched the "American Underdog" last night, a movie about the path of Kurt Warner from High school to Rams. I thought the movie spent a bit too much time on his dating, wife etc., not enough on football. Nevertheless, one important aspect about Kurt's football journey was his happy feet or propensity to escape from pocket the second he saw pressure during college. His college HC wouldn't let him start until he learned pocket presence and footwork. His quick decision making was part of arena football survival necessity.

One thing for sure, no one pampered Kurt's early football career, not in HS, not in college, not even in arena football, certainly not Mike Martz before Trent Green's injury. Kurt changed his game repeatedly just to survive.

Pocket presence with good footwork, and quick release based on quick decision making, were two of the three fundamental to Kurt's success, the third was strong arm which was a gift.

Now we know why Kurt had so much problem with QBs that took their sweet time to decide?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I was going to watch it but too much God agenda in it. Warner did really defy the odds and became a great player even making a huge comeback of sorts in his time in Arizona.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I was going to watch it but too much God agenda in it. Warner did really defy the odds and became a great player even making a huge comeback of sorts in his time in Arizona.
Kurt's a lot more "God" in real life than in this movie, in fact, his religious part was seriously tuned down. for me, the movie spent too much time on his struggle off the field with his wife etc., not enough on his football stuff.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Kurt's a lot more "God" in real life than in this movie, in fact, his religious part was seriously tuned down. for me, the movie spent too much time on his struggle off the field with his wife etc., not enough on his football stuff.
Ok ill give it a go. I thought based on the trailer it was all about religion.

Stud

Reaction score
Ok ill give it a go. I thought based on the trailer it was all about religion.
Funny, people like you will call conservatives "bigots" for avoiding movies that have aspects in it that they don't like. So I'm going to turn it around to show you how it feels. Don't be a bigot. It's a good movie. You're pretty closed minded for a so called "open-minded" person.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Democratic posters on this site don't like being taken out of their safe spaces or echo chambers @Cyrus12
How am I a dem??.. not big on God being the focal point of the movie or the reason why people like Kurt Warner succeeded. Not a fan of Bible propaganda.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Although I didnt mind the last temptation of Jesus Christ..different kind of movie though about a fictional person.