Ahhhhhhhhhh....MUCH Better.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I told you guys I would be back Sunday night AFTER we beat the Rams. Good LORD some of you (no pointing fingers, ya'll know who you are) are insufferable after a loss, ESPECIALLY at home!

Rejoice that all is right with the world again at least for now. Yes, our offense still is struggling but they did what they had to do to win this game. It was awfully fun watching the Rams self-implode late in the game.

In two weeks, the season is 0-0. And we are at home. And you know this team is going to be ready.

We may not be perfect but show me a Super Bowl champion that was leading up to their rings.

2_0_6

Reaction score
this team seems like no matter who they plug in on defense, they don't miss a beat.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Agree that the O has some issues still *cough o-line cough* but with this defense our team will be in every game til the end with a chance to win.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Aros":2d1kbp88 said:
I told you guys I would be back Sunday night AFTER we beat the Rams. Good LORD some of you (no pointing fingers, ya'll know who you are) are insufferable after a loss, ESPECIALLY at home!

Rejoice that all is right with the world again at least for now. Yes, our offense still is struggling but they did what they had to do to win this game. It was awfully fun watching the Rams self-implode late in the game.

In two weeks, the season is 0-0. And we are at home. And you know this team is going to be ready.

We may not be perfect but show me a Super Bowl champion that was leading up to their rings.

Todd, do yourself a favor and DON'T look through the Gameday forum. It's a pathetic display of idiocy! *slapping forehead!* and :roll:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
BlueThunder":399etp5q said:
Aros":399etp5q said:

Todd, do yourself a favor and DON'T look through the Gameday forum. It's a pathetic display of idiocy! *slapping forehead!* and :roll:
Uh oh Todd, you mentioned that the offense is still struggling which means you have just posted "a pathetic display of idiocy and :roll: ".

Mjolnir

Reaction score
BlueThunder":37wo8hrw said:
Aros":37wo8hrw said:

The gameday forum (thanks to sutz for showing me where it was!) was WAY WAY better than the chat. Holy Smokes....

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Mjolnir":kepjyy9h said:
BlueThunder":kepjyy9h said:
Aros":kepjyy9h said:

The gameday forum (thanks to sutz for showing me where it was!) was WAY WAY better than the chat. Holy Smokes....

Yea, its like..... 1,000,000,000 x better.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":34z2642n said:
Uh oh Todd, you mentioned that the offense is still struggling which means you have just posted "a pathetic display of idiocy and :roll: ".

Uh, it goes quite a bit deeper than that shallow assessment HFSD1. We have so many babies that must be bandwagon fans and don't have a firm grasp on the game of football. No team, ever, in the history of football has been invincible. But apparently, many Seahawks fans locked onto this "invincible" thing for this years Seahawks... And it's just not realistic. There are 32 teams with the best of the best talent, plucked from the best of the best college players. The margin of talent from the best to the worst team is actually closer than most people think. That's where coaching comes in. But the talent on the field is VERY close. I'm just tired of the simplistic attitude of invincibility. We can lose at home to the worst team in the league on any given Sunday. If we make it to the Super Bowl, there WILL be some measure of luck involved. That's why the ball is shaped that way. After you watch this game for 3+ decades, you'll figure it out. Hey, in my 20's, I was SO there, believe me. Losses were UNACCEPTABLE! Sometimes after losses, especially to the Broncos or Raiders back in the AFC days, I would make everybody leave, and I'd sit in my dark bedroom for hours sulking. I'm so glad I grew out of that bs. Anyhoo, HEY! 2013 NFC CHAMPS!!!! WHOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! Home Field! It's like 2005 all over again, only we're BETTER! GO SEAHAWKS!!!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
BlueThunder":3wdldm3v said:
hawksfansinceday1":3wdldm3v said:

Uh, it goes quite a bit deeper than that shallow assessment HFSD1. We have so many babies that must be bandwagon fans and don't have a firm grasp on the game of football. No team, ever, in the history of football has been invincible. But apparently, many Seahawks fans locked onto this "invincible" thing for this years Seahawks... And it's just not realistic. There are 32 teams with the best of the best talent, plucked from the best of the best college players. The margin of talent from the best to the worst team is actually closer than most people think. That's where coaching comes in. But the talent on the field is VERY close. I'm just tired of the simplistic attitude of invincibility. We can lose at home to the worst team in the league on any given Sunday. If we make it to the Super Bowl, there WILL be some measure of luck involved. That's why the ball is shaped that way. After you watch this game for 3+ decades, you'll figure it out. Hey, in my 20's, I was SO there, believe me. Losses were UNACCEPTABLE! Sometimes after losses, especially to the Broncos or Raiders back in the AFC days, I would make everybody leave, and I'd sit in my dark bedroom for hours sulking. I'm so glad I grew out of that bs. Anyhoo, HEY! 2013 NFC CHAMPS!!!! WHOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! Home Field! It's like 2005 all over again, only we're BETTER! GO SEAHAWKS!!!
Um seriously dude, been watching the game since 1964 so I "get it". Yes, I understand that on any given Sunday and all that as well. But being frustrated with an offense that started out looking very poor again wasn't an overreaction despite what you think. I and people like Hawk45 that know this game are not expecting invincibility, just wanting competence. We did see that after the first quarter and a half. I get worn out though on the Gameday forum with the endless bashing of people that aren't sunny and happy on every post. The O stunk last week and again early this week and that's a fact no matter the reason. It got better and plenty of people bemoaning the poor start were right there saying how much better it got as the game wore on, myself included.

You see the Gameday forum is a place to express frustration if you're not lucky enough to be sitting with your best friend watching as well as expressing joy. Sure I get it if all anyone ever posts is negative stuff but that's not the case with most posters.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I'm not saying you have to be sunny and happy on every post, not by any means. But saying (maybe not you, but others in there) we have no business being in the playoffs, and we're going nowhere, and Russell Wilson stinks, and crap to that effect is just stupid. We're widely considered the best team in the NFL, with the #1 defense, and pretty much every other team in the league would trade places with us and all our "woes" right now...
I just think that stuff is dumb. Let's just let things play out, THEN we'll have a true assessment of our season. Personally? I think we go to and WIN the Super Bowl this year. All this other crap will be forgotten after that.

And just so you know, I've always liked you as a poster hawksfansinceday1. So no problemo here bud. You know what I'm saying, and I know what you're saying. GO HAWKS!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
BlueThunder":32rkthac said:
....But saying (maybe not you, but others in there) we have no business being in the playoffs, and we're going nowhere, and Russell Wilson stinks, and crap to that effect is just stupid.......
Yes it is. Problem is myself and others that are reasonable in our frustrations and are real Hawks fans often get piled on for any expression of that frustration (maybe not you, but others *cough e.g. GoldenTater81 cough*) and it wears on a guy.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2g8fugdp said:
BlueThunder":2g8fugdp said:
....But saying (maybe not you, but others in there) we have no business being in the playoffs, and we're going nowhere, and Russell Wilson stinks, and crap to that effect is just stupid.......
Yes it is. Problem is myself and others that are reasonable in our frustrations and are real Hawks fans often get piled on for any expression of that frustration (maybe not you, but others *cough e.g. GoldenTater81 cough*) and it wears on a guy.

Gotcha... ;)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3isixim6 said:
BlueThunder":3isixim6 said:
hawksfansinceday1":3isixim6 said:

Um seriously dude, been watching the game since 1964 so I "get it". Yes, I understand that on any given Sunday and all that as well. But being frustrated with an offense that started out looking very poor again wasn't an overreaction despite what you think. I and people like Hawk45 that know this game are not expecting invincibility, just wanting competence. We did see that after the first quarter and a half. I get worn out though on the Gameday forum with the endless bashing of people that aren't sunny and happy on every post. The O stunk last week and again early this week and that's a fact no matter the reason. It got better and plenty of people bemoaning the poor start were right there saying how much better it got as the game wore on, myself included.

You see the Gameday forum is a place to express frustration if you're not lucky enough to be sitting with your best friend watching as well as expressing joy. Sure I get it if all anyone ever posts is negative stuff but that's not the case with most posters.

Well said, Bravo! :th2thumbs:
The thing that gets me is that everyone knows (or should) that the gameday forum is going to be a roller coaster of emotions and was created to keep THAT STUFF off of the main forums. A whole lot of trolling going on by the "High horse / everything is sunshine and rainbows crowd" in there today and I took the bait a few times (my fault) and got warned.

If you (in general terms of the word) cannot handle critical comments about the team when things are not going well, then the gameday forum isn't for you.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
BlueThunder":169nlv8o said:
Aros":169nlv8o said:

It's the reason I never go there unless the outcome is obvious.:)

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
NFC WEST CHAMPIONS AND HOME FIELD THROUGHOUT THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!

There. That should trump any in-fighting.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Mjolnir":mhi50621 said:
Chat is horrible. Haven't been there in months. If you want to stay sane...find somewhere else to go.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Aros":2cm8yxgq said:
NFC WEST CHAMPIONS AND HOME FIELD THROUGHOUT THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!

There. That should trump any in-fighting.

That will be nice to think about for 2 whole weeks. Nothing can take that away right now.