adetomiwa "ade ade" adebawore runs a 4.49 40 at 6-2" 282lbs. insane...

seatownlowdown

Reaction score

6'2 282lbs
34" arms
10.5" hands
4.49 40
1.61 10 yard split

outstanding measureables + explosive athletic traits

listed as an edge, could definitely use his length and leverage to kick inside on passing downs. his production wasn't great at northwestern. but he really stood out at the senior bowl, probably the top player there. seems down to earth in interviews. hadn't seen him mocked in the 1st round yet. more early 2nd - early 3rd.

what range do you guys see him going in now? i'm guessing anywhere from 15-30.

Chevy

Reaction score
I need to watch game film on him. Rob Staton had brought him up maybe around the Senior Bowl, which is why I kept an eye on Ade. Ade's agility, in these combine drills, looks that of a WLB or Safety. He is a unique player that could play 3-4 DE and situational 3-4 OLB. My recency bias says he is a 1st round prospect, but I'll have to do a deep dive into his game film.

There are sooo many intriguing defensive linemen in this draft for the Seahawks.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Goes by Tomi, reportedly also had impressive interviews over the last two days. Great prospect who checks most of the boxes the Seahawks look for - if he's there at a decent value.

High character guy who was the main leader in the locker room as a senior. Overall athlete who played everything and set a state record in the shot put. Spent a lot of time in practice going against Skoronski and improved every season with three years starting.

Played inside and out at 3T, 4T and 5T. Not a pocket collapser as a 4T but an okay run defender for 280lbs due to a low center of gravity, long arms and high motor. Could probably develop further there with an NFL weight room, and has upside as an interior pass rusher. On passing downs he has the explosive ability to win matchups through single gaps and be disruptive.

I'm not sure he'd be much of an edge rusher for us because he won most of his wide alignment matchups with power which isn't going to translate against NFL tackles. He could probably immediately play in 2023 inside on passing situations and maybe develop into a three down 3-4 DE over time.

nanomoz

Reaction score
It doesn't even seem possible. That's a respectable time for a decently-sized cornerback.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I pay no attention to 40 yard dashes for DL he did have a good 10 split which is important. One thing that turns me off about him is if he is so athletic why was his production sub par he would go through stretches where is was a ghost. He did have a pretty good Senior Bowl. IMO I would be open to drafting him in the 3rd

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
I pay no attention to 40 yard dashes for DL he did have a good 10 split which is important. One thing that turns me off about him is if he is so athletic why was his production sub par he would go through stretches where is was a ghost. He did have a pretty good Senior Bowl. IMO I would be open to drafting him in the 3rd
I'm not sure what scheme he was in....3-4 or 4-3 , but he seems like a player you could use like the Hawks used Bennett move him around the D-line. I doubt he lasts into the 3rd.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I'm not sure what scheme he was in....3-4 or 4-3 , but he seems like a player you could use like the Hawks used Bennett move him around the D-line. I doubt he lasts into the 3rd.
I like Benton better for the Hawks especially as a 0 or 1 tech DT. Ade Ade could become a good 3 tech with the right coaching /motivation

Seattle Person

Reaction score

6'2 282lbs
34" arms
10.5" hands
4.49 40
1.61 10 yard split

listed as an edge, could definitely use his length and leverage to kick inside on passing downs. his production wasn't great at northwestern. but he really stood out at the senior bowl, probably the top player there. seems down to earth in interviews. hadn't seen him mocked in the 1st round yet. more early 2nd - early 3rd.

Dude is an alien...

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Agreed...I don't see him lasting past the first half of the second round, and that's a 'worst case' scenario. Very likely he goes top 40 just on combine results; whether that is a good way of evaluating is of course up for debate.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I see him likely in anywhere from mid-2nd round to mid-3rd round.

He could be a total fit for the Hawks as a 5 tech or 3-4 DE. For Seattle a perfect pick at pick 52 or 83.
We have been having a debate on the Bears board whether or not he is too light to play 3-tech in 4-3 now that Carter is off the board. The issue is whether his quickness can make up for not weighing 300+

RunDownhill

Reaction score

6'2 282lbs
34" arms
10.5" hands
4.49 40
1.61 10 yard split

Looking at his tape and taking his combine into consideration, I think he is a high 2nd to mid 2nd round prospect.

Chevy

Reaction score
Our new pro bowler MIKE LB
That is a fun projection for him. It would be at least a 2 year project, but imagine being opposing teams RBs, slot WRs, and TEs...scared straight with him as the ILB.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I don't know but there could be many reasons, simply not refined enough yet, maybe playing out of position and too heavy? No idea but there might be reasons, maybe.