Adams to come off pup list

WarHawks

Reaction score
Sam Adams and Jack Ninkasi would make a great pairing.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Well, hopefully he proves a lot of people wrong. He makes the team better. Every front office in the league fails on a trade. All of them. This team has also made some great deals and had some damn good drafts.
Nice spin. You can put lipstick on a pig, and it's still a pig.

Sure, every team fails on a trade. But you have to admit that on this one, very few teams have spent more and fared worse. Denver trading for Russell and the Niners trading up for Trey Lance are the only two in recent memory that I can think of that would equal/exceed this one. Plus, you have to factor in the contract we gave him, which at the time was the biggest in the history of the league for a safety, something that the Niners didn't do with Lance.

hawkfan68

Reaction score

Sure, every team fails on a trade. But you have to admit that on this one, very few teams have spent more and fared worse. Denver trading for Russell and the Niners trading up for Trey Lance are the only two in recent memory that I can think of that would equal/exceed this one. Plus, you have to factor in the contract we gave him, which at the time was the biggest in the history of the league for a safety, something that the Niners didn't do with Lance.
It's unfortunate that Adams trade hasn't worked out but it may still turn out pretty good for Seahawks if Adams stays healthy. When he is playing the Seahawk defense plays much better than when he is not. I would say that if Adams was there, the Seahawks beat the Panthers, Raiders, and Falcons. All games lost at home against sub par teams. Most likely the beat the Bucs and Saints too on the road. He has that type of impact to the team. Whether he's productive in coverage or not.

I would rate the Saints giving up all their 1999 draft picks for Ricky Williams to be the worst trade ever. This is what I call the Mike Ditka special. The other trades you list pale compared to that one. By a large margin.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
I would rate the Saints giving up all their 1999 draft picks for Ricky Williams to be the worst trade ever. This is what I call the Mike Ditka special. The other trades you list pale compared to that one. By a large margin.
I did say "in recent memory," but if you're going to go back that far, you might as well go all the way back to the Herschel Walker trade between the Cowboys and the Vikings:

In 1989, at the peak of Walker's NFL career, the Cowboys sent Herschel Walker to the Vikings for five players and six draft picks.

The players were LB Jesse Solomon, DB Isiac Holt, RB Darrin Nelson, LB David Howard, and DE Alex Stewart.

The picks turned into players such as Emmitt Smith, Russell Maryland, Kevin Smith, and Darren Woodson.

Walker played two years for the Vikings and never surpassed 1,000 rushing yards. He went on to play for the Eagles and then the Giants before being re-acquired by the Cowboys.

keasley45

Reaction score

This isn't even remotely in the neighborhood of worst trades.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I did say "in recent memory," but if you're going to go back that far, you might as well go all the way back to the Herschel Walker trade between the Cowboys and the Vikings:

In 1989, at the peak of Walker's NFL career, the Cowboys sent Herschel Walker to the Vikings for five players and six draft picks.

The players were LB Jesse Solomon, DB Isiac Holt, RB Darrin Nelson, LB David Howard, and DE Alex Stewart.

The picks turned into players such as Emmitt Smith, Russell Maryland, Kevin Smith, and Darren Woodson.

Walker played two years for the Vikings and never surpassed 1,000 rushing yards. He went on to play for the Eagles and then the Giants before being re-acquired by the Cowboys.
From a recent memory perspective it's not even close to being in the worst trade category -

Browns trading to move up to draft Trent Richardson (2012)
Cardinals moving up to draft Josh Rosen (2018)
Jets moving up for Sam Darnold (2018)
Commanders trading up to draft RG III (2012)

some of the others that are worse than what the Seahawks did to get Jamal Adams.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SERIOUSLY? He's coming off an injury no NFL player recovers from. Hopefully this crap gets us a new coach without final say and spurs JS to start drafting for real quarterbacks. And keep drafting for BPA if possible.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
I'm fine I'm just not sold on lhis iteration of the team yet and I still have the backup entertainment of the R&S circus every week this year.
I don't think anyone knows exactly what this team will actually do........in theory it should be pretty damn good - I am cautiously optimistic.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I don't think anyone knows exactly what this team will actually do........in theory it should be pretty damn good - I am cautiously optimistic.
I'm with you somewhat....I'm a Seahawks fan so despite my options I'm always hopeful I'm totally wrong especially given I absolutely love some of the young guys ******* serious potential there

I think I see what they want to achieve of defense I'm not confident it will work and I'm very unhappy about the quarterback situation Geno/Lock definitely aren't the answer so that's why I what Pete gone and a young head coach with traditional power.

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This isn't even remotely in the neighborhood of worst trades.

You guys are leaving out our boy over in Denver, of which if he stinks up the joint again this year and gets benched might well go down as the worst trade in modern NFL history.

Especially if we go on to do some serious damage in the playoffs the next couple of years with all the players we got in the trade.

RiverDog

Reaction score
From a recent memory perspective it's not even close to being in the worst trade category -

Browns trading to move up to draft Trent Richardson (2012)
Strike that one. The Browns ended up trading Richardson to the Colts for a #1 draft pick.
Cardinals moving up to draft Josh Rosen (2018)
The Cards traded a 3rd round and 5th round pick to move up then traded him to the Fins for a 2nd and a 5th when Rosen busted. Sorry.
Jets moving up for Sam Darnold (2018)
The Jets traded 2-2nd round picks swap spots with the Colts (moved up 3 spots). When the Jets threw in the towel on Darnold, they traded him for a 2nd, a 4th, and a 6th round pick. Nope.
Commanders trading up to draft RG III (2012)
I'll give you that one. The Redskins traded 2-1st rounders and a 2nd rounder to move up (not sure how many spots) to take RG3 of whom they subsequently released. But they didn't sign him to a huge contract that hamstrung them for years.

Last edited:

Palmegranite

Reaction score

Sure, every team fails on a trade. But you have to admit that on this one, very few teams have spent more and fared worse. Denver trading for Russell and the Niners trading up for Trey Lance are the only two in recent memory that I can think of that would equal/exceed this one.
How about Penny?
I mean, we are talking about a years-long investment in a player(27th overall draft pick) that is injured a lot, which overshadows their play and contribution to the team when healthy.

RiverDog

Reaction score
How about Penny?
I mean, we are talking about a years-long investment in a player(27th overall draft pick) that is injured a lot, which overshadows their play and contribution to the team when healthy.
The discussion was about trades. Penny was a draft pick that busted, due mainly to injuries.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
How about Penny?

So imagine if we had traded two first round picks for Penny, AND made him the highest paid RB in the entire league.

That's where we're at with Adams. Not sure why some of you guys are so stubborn with this topic. The trade sucked, it was probably the worst trade in Hawk history.

The End.

rcaido

Reaction score
Percy Havin trade was pretty bad too. We gave up 4 picks including a 1st round pick and the Vikings picked up Xavier Rhodes. These were the available receivers/TE. Hopkins, Patterson, Woods, Keenan Allen, Ertz, Eifrit, Kelce, & Reed. Other notable players we could have picked up, Fredriecks, Darius Slay, Kwann Short, Kiko Alanso, Laveon Bell, Jamie Collins, Eddie Lacy, Warford, Mathieu, Armstead...Such a good draft. Just the thought of Rhodes or Slay w/ Sherman as our Corners...What about all those awesome TE.

Also Harvin played less games then Adams. Got the big contract too and we had to lose Golden Tate. Then he got release the following year.

Adams trade can still be turned around.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Not sure why some of you guys are so stubborn with this topic. The trade sucked, it was probably the worst trade in Hawk history.
12th Man Rising ranked the top worst trades in Seahawk history:

1. Percy Harvin
2. Jimmy Graham
3. Kelly Stouffer
4. Ahmad Rashad
5. Deion Branch

The reason Adams isn't on that list is because we haven't closed the book on him yet. But if he doesn't make a significant contribution and we move away from him, I'm sure it will go down as the worst trade in history.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Percy Havin trade was pretty bad too. We gave up 4 picks including a 1st round pick and the Vikings picked up Xavier Rhodes. These were the available receivers/TE. Hopkins, Patterson, Woods, Keenan Allen, Ertz, Eifrit, Kelce, & Reed. Other notable players we could have picked up, Fredriecks, Darius Slay, Kwann Short, Kiko Alanso, Laveon Bell, Jamie Collins, Eddie Lacy, Warford, Mathieu, Armstead...Such a good draft. Just the thought of Rhodes or Slay w/ Sherman as our Corners...What about all those awesome TE.

Also Harvin played less games then Adams. Got the big contract too and we had to lose Golden Tate. Then he got release the following year.

Adams trade can still be turned around.
The difference in the Harvin trade is that we didn't give him a huge contract that hamstrung us for years like we did with Adams as when we traded him to the Jets, his contract went with him, and we did get a draft pick albeit a low one. Plus, Harvin was a major factor in the biggest win in franchise history.

Fade

Reaction score
12th Man Rising ranked the top worst trades in Seahawk history:

1. Percy Harvin
2. Jimmy Graham
3. Kelly Stouffer
4. Ahmad Rashad
5. Deion Branch

The reason Adams isn't on that list is because we haven't closed the book on him yet. But if he doesn't make a significant contribution and we move away from him, I'm sure it will go down as the worst trade in history.
The Jimmy Graham trade was a net negative, but not even close to the top 5 worst trades.

He was productive. Setting franchise records in his 3 years.
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2023/7/2...anchise-receiving-records-jimmy-graham-payton

"In any case, while playing for the Seahawks from 2015 through 2017 Graham recorded 170 catches, 2048 yards and 18 receiving touchdowns, all of which are all time franchise records for Seahawks tight ends."

--------------------------------------

My top 5:

1. Jamal Adams - Gave up franchise QB level assets for an oft injured box safety.

2. Nate Burleson - While technically not a trade, it was a trade. They overpaid Nate Burleson by stealing him with a poison pill contract from the Vikings. Like what the Vikings did with Hutch. That showed them. Ha. Hutch for Burleson, what a disaster. Thanks Ruskell.

3. Percy Harvin - It cost them a lot of pieces down the road, such as Golden Tate, Breno, Clemons, etc. He also rarely played, and was not needed to win a Superbowl.

4. Tony Dorsett - Got fleeced by DAL. RB back then was a much more valuable position.

5. Kelly Stouffer - Gave up a bunch of picks including a 1st rounder for a 3rd string scrub. The Lance trade makes this trade look good for the record.

Last edited: