Adam Schefter: Bryce Young believed to be #1 Pick

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Watching Bryce Young tonight against the Saints, to me, he looks overmatched. Too small, too slow, not a great arm. I was a big fan of his game, but I'm glad he didn't fall to #5.

To be fair, Saints D is formidable.

But watching Bryce at Bama, I think it wasn’t the size that concerned me as much as the arm. I always felt he saw where to put the ball as good as anyone, but his arm didn’t always let him get the ball there.

He’s ramping up to NFL speed, but I think a huge part of his adjustment is realizing that a good number of his creative plays at Bama won’t translate to the NFL. Not when the ball is a beat slow getting to its destination.

His skillset should still challenge our D since we don’t have a pass rush close to the Saints, but long term, reasons for concern with Bryce.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
For your reminder about the busts Mariota and Winston you are thanked. (Was reminded by BlueTalon that passive voice exists)
Haven't really watched Young's tape, but Winston and Mariota could be sobering reminders of the downside of picking someone like Anthony Richardson. Also the ex-Raiders QB who set the NFL record for longest TD run by a QB is a warning data point. Can't recall his name offhand. Hawks brought him in after he QB-busted to look at him as a WR or TE.
I am guessing you are thinking of Terrelle Pryor from Ohio St

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Man, he looked really overwhelmed but, there was tons of pressure, and his receivers couldn't get open at all. Id be concerned as a panther's fan. I'd let him sit behind the ginger for a bit.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Saints D is legit, but ya if I’m a Panthers fan i’m slightly worried that he hasn’t flashed at all. Right now he throws a very pickable ball Hawks secondary gonna feast.