A taste of what to expect this season...Lock 2021 highlights

Spohawks

Reaction score
He sits in the pocket while its collapsing but he has confidence and touch on his short to mid range throws.
Skip to :35

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
He sits in the pocket while its collapsing but he has confidence and touch on his short to mid range throws.
Skip to :35
Is it me or is that Denver O-line collapsing over and over? Lock has people in his face all the time. I like that Fant guy.

samwize77

Reaction score
I have nothing against Lock.....but in this vid I see alot of staring down of first reads.

Broncos_Fan

Reaction score
This is Drew Lock in a nutshell. Big arm, great mobility, looks like a star as long as his first read is open. The physical part of the game was never an issue. He just doesn't process. Once that first read is not an option, panic sets in. Stay strong Seahawks fans. Next year's draft has some great QB prospects and you have a ton of draft capitol to get one with. Every team goes through re-builds. Yours has a chance to be very short.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Spohawks, I appreciate your optimism. And I hate to be "that guy" but here I go.

I had the same excitement after the Wilson trade. However, I think that was a symptom of denial. After viewing some videos on YouTube, my optimism died and I quickly realized that this kid is just not good. Our coaching staff will need to work magic with him, and after they chased Wilson out of town, I'm not confident they can do that.

Here's a video of his interceptions in 2020:

Here's an overall breakdown of his game at the end of 2019 showing weaknesses (skip the 1st minute of the video):

Last edited:

Rosco

Reaction score
2019 was his rookie year. Poor tutelage,Covid protocols and an ineffective offensive system led to a lot of his problems.

Rosco

Reaction score
This is Drew Lock in a nutshell. Big arm, great mobility, looks like a star as long as his first read is open. The physical part of the game was never an issue. He just doesn't process. Once that first read is not an option, panic sets in. Stay strong Seahawks fans. Next year's draft has some great QB prospects and you have a ton of draft capitol to get one with. Every team goes through re-builds. Yours has a chance to be very short.
Not really true. He went through all his progressions, in his final year with Denver. Watch the final game against KC, you’ll see him going through his progressions

OP
OP
S

Spohawks

Reaction score
Spohawks, I appreciate your optimism. And I hate to be "that guy" but here I go.

I had the same excitement after the Wilson trade. However, I think that was a symptom of denial. After viewing some videos on YouTube, my optimism died and I quickly realized that this kid is just not good. Our coaching staff will need to work magic with him, and after they chased Wilson out of town, I'm not confident they can do that.

Here's an overall breakdown of his game at the end of 2019 showing weaknesses (skip the 1st minute of the video):

These videos take me back to my orginal views of Lock when I did some deep research on his stats. He rocks at play action pass, but in any other style its 50/50 at best. Notice that there was not 1 INT when the play was a play action pass.

The Seahawks simply have to draw up plays that work for Lock and not "thier own plays" to be successful this year.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
10 days until the real Lock makeover begins. If it works he'll do fine. If it doesn't and Geno doesn't have the goods, we'll start over next year. Either way, I think we have at least 3 rookies that are going to learn how to be heroes this year, and maybe even more than 3. Bring on TC! I'm ready for the real stuff to begin.

flv2

Reaction score
2019 was his rookie year. Poor tutelage,Covid protocols and an ineffective offensive system led to a lot of his problems.
No covid19 in 2019. He battled Flacco for the starting job in preseason, but got injured and was put on IR. He would have been hampered by the covid19 protocols in 2020 but there was no competition for the starting job and he seemed to regress, (before going to IR late in the season). 2021 covid19 protocols were less invasive but he lost the starting job in preseason.

keasley45

Reaction score

Just gonna put this here. Allen was a borderline bust before he wasn't. These clips are about 15 minutes of Allen looking a heckuva lot like Lock.

Players can evolve. Players can go from not 'getting it' to having a solid grasp of a scheme. Players can go from playing 'uphill', to being comfortable and playing ahead of the play.

Will Lock do that? Don't know. But Allen's first 2 seasons didn't foretell what he would become. Again, is Lock Allen? Nope. Just saying that the tape he's laid down to date isn't necessarily the end of the story.

Rosco

Reaction score
No covid19 in 2019. He battled Flacco for the starting job in preseason, but got injured and was put on IR. He would have been hampered by the covid19 protocols in 2020 but there was no competition for the starting job and he seemed to regress, (before going to IR late in the season). 2021 covid19 protocols were less invasive but he lost the starting job in preseason.
He was never going to be the starter in 2019. Regardless of how he did in TC and preseason. He got injured week 2 of preseason and started the season on IR.Flacco was signed specifically to be the starter in 2019. The plan was to have Lock sit a year.
In 2020 he regressed due to new offensive system (that was ineffective at best) with no TC or preseason to learn system. Not exactly set up to succeed.
In 2021, Bridgewater didn’t outplay Lock but had a HC that didn’t hide the fact that he hated Lock and was looking to save his job.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
He was never going to be the starter in 2019. Regardless of how he did in TC and preseason. He got injured week 2 of preseason and started the season on IR.Flacco was signed specifically to be the starter in 2019. The plan was to have Lock sit a year.
In 2020 he regressed due to new offensive system (that was ineffective at best) with no TC or preseason to learn system. Not exactly set up to succeed.
In 2021, Bridgewater didn’t outplay Lock but had a HC that didn’t hide the fact that he hated Lock and was looking to save his job.
But Bridgewater did outplay Lock. I'm really getting John64 vibes from you and how you defend every little perceived transgression towards Lock. Bridgewater was the superior QB, end of story. His season he had in 2021 was better than anything Drew Lock has ever put together. I don't know how you can say he "didn't outplay Lock". That is pure BS.

Have you ever thought that possibly, maybe, Lock just is your garden variety backup tier level of player? I'm just hearing excuses. At the end of the day he's a guy that hasn't progressed very much from his collegiate days. It's more likely that he's going to be that guy than a starting caliber player.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score

Just gonna put this here. Allen was a borderline bust before he wasn't. These clips are about 15 minutes of Allen looking a heckuva lot like Lock.

Players can evolve. Players can go from not 'getting it' to having a solid grasp of a scheme. Players can go from playing 'uphill', to being comfortable and playing ahead of the play.

Will Lock do that? Don't know. But Allen's first 2 seasons didn't foretell what he would become. Again, is Lock Allen? Nope. Just saying that the tape he's laid down to date isn't necessarily the end of the story.

Josh Allen also didn't play much in the way of football. In high school he didn't attend much in the way of camps and he was focused more on other sports and working on the family farm. He played season in junior college and he ended up at Wyoming when he didn't play the first year. The dude did not have much in the way of football experience by the time he ended up at the NFL draft. Really just two years of focused training.

Drew Lock on the other hand went to camps, started virtually every year at his HS, started 4 years for a major college program. He was highly lauded coming out of HS. He's had a lot more football under his belt than Josh Allen had at that point. Josh Allen very much so was just raw material. I don't see those two are really equivalents.

In addition to this, how many players do you see in the NFL that just never are able to adjust to the pro game? Drew Lock has been very inconsistent through his entire NFL career. He hasn't shown much in the way of improvement -- meanwhile Josh Allen had shown consistent improvement from day one.

People are going to see really quickly that Lock is no good this season. He's a bad QB with elite measurables and that is the end of the story. There have been many like him to grace the NFL and he certainly won't be the last. The amount of blind faith people are putting into this guy despite the evidence of his ineptitude as a QB shocks me.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
But Bridgewater did outplay Lock. I'm really getting John64 vibes from you and how you defend every little perceived transgression towards Lock. Bridgewater was the superior QB, end of story. His season he had in 2021 was better than anything Drew Lock has ever put together. I don't know how you can say he "didn't outplay Lock". That is pure BS.

Have you ever thought that possibly, maybe, Lock just is your garden variety backup tier level of player? I'm just hearing excuses. At the end of the day he's a guy that hasn't progressed very much from his collegiate days. It's more likely that he's going to be that guy than a starting caliber player.
Most Bronco media I read claimed Lock outplayed Bridgewater in OTAs and training camp so, obviously, Bridgewater had to be the starter.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
Even if the competition was contentiously close, Lock obviously was the unknown, and Bridgewater seemed like the career backup.
So with the Broncos looking uncompetitive in the AFC West, why go with the career backup?
(Broncos now have lost 13 straight to KC)

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Even if the competition was contentiously close, Lock obviously was the unknown, and Bridgewater seemed like the career backup.
So with the Broncos looking uncompetitive in the AFC West, why go with the career backup?
(Broncos now have lost 13 straight to KC)
That's a question best asked of the multiple questionable Denver coaching staffs.

Smellyman

Reaction score

you can play an interception video with whacky music for any QB in the league