nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":330m5ztf said:
One thing me and my cousin noticed was that whenever a player is down (in this game, an opponent) he's the first one to show respect and get down on one knee. I think its really cool of him

Tate's the same way. When Wolfe was down in the Broncos preseason game, he was the only player on the field, including Broncos, taking a knee

Hawks46

Reaction score
bestfightstory":27wilxwa said:
RolandDeschain":27wilxwa said:
I'm with Hawkblogger on this one, people need to stop comparing Engram and Baldwin just because they're black slot receivers.

We need to target Baldwin a lot more, IMO. Dude's nothing but clutch.

Link please. I'd like to read it. I drank with Hawkblogger in Toronto last year but have never seen his site.

After reading your post I looked something up.

Guess what?

Everything isn't about somebody's race.

Baldwin is listed as 5'10" and 189#.
Engram was listed as 5' 10" and 192#.

There ARE similarities.

Engram weighed 3 lbs more. This is why Baldwin is so injury prone. He needs to gain 3 lbs.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Baldwin has a better body than Engram. Baldwin in my opinion plays bigger than Engram did. Baldwin brings the finesse but he also brings the intensity and physicality in blocking aspects more so than Engram did.

Engram was a great security blanket for Hasselbeck, but even that took a couple years of development.

The only thing perhaps was that Engram was so good in the middle of the field, it could just be Wilson and the O-line issues, but Baldwin hasn't been as good working the middle like he was with Tarvaris Jackson in 2011.

McGruff

Reaction score
Baldwin MAY be injury prone because he is pretty reckless and fearlEss with his body. I can't recall and layer who takes as many body shOts as Doug.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
How many times does he get the ball? 3 times a game?

Hard to get hurt when you aren't getting tackled much.

His durability is yet to be proven until he gets roughed up more often.

pehawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1gooxc4b said:

IIRC, he's never gotten hurt in an actual game. Hammy in 2012 camp. He caught a lot of balls in 2011.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
pehawk":2b3f2ty0 said:
Tech Worlds":2b3f2ty0 said:

IIRC, he's never gotten hurt in an actual game. Hammy in 2012 camp. He caught a lot of balls in 2011.

Right. And the concern was did he have the build to do that year after year.

Jury is still out.

Maybe with all the new rules protecting the offensive players anyone of any physical stature could play and not get hurt.

jkitsune

Reaction score
sutz":1ji8g8r8 said:
RolandDeschain":1ji8g8r8 said:
I'm with Hawkblogger on this one, people need to stop comparing Engram and Baldwin just because they're black slot receivers.

I compare them because their games are similar. No size, no blazing speed, just a knack for getting open past the sticks and soft hands for making the catch.

:229031_shrug:

I compare them because they play extremely similar roles in a similar way on the same team. Is that insufficient reason?

pehawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2usijirp said:
pehawk":2usijirp said:
Tech Worlds":2usijirp said:

Jury is still out.

Maybe with all the new rules protecting the offensive players anyone of any physical stature could play and not get hurt.

He's not of small stature though? At least for his position?

He pulled a hamstring, once. That's it.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":6tujdkiy said:

What am I missing here? Steve Smith and Wes Welker are basically the same height and weight.

cacksman

Reaction score
sutz":3uqxo0j0 said:
RolandDeschain":3uqxo0j0 said:

I compare them because their games are similar. No size, no blazing speed, just a knack for getting open past the sticks and soft hands for making the catch.

:229031_shrug:

Baldwin is in another stratosphere when comparing their speed/quickness.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Love what Doug has done so far this season, he always seems to make a key catch for us when we need it. Now we just need to figure out a way to get him the ball more.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3m24twgv said:
Love what Doug has done so far this season, he always seems to make a key catch for us when we need it. Now we just need to figure out a way to get him the ball more.

....and I'd be perfectly happy to see him get several 10-12 yarders than to see only one 25 yarder per game.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
DavidSeven":36r5d3tb said:
Tech Worlds":36r5d3tb said:

What am I missing here? Steve Smith and Wes Welker are basically the same height and weight.

Might have been more of his style. He was taking huge shots his rookie year.

But then again that may have been because TJack had a tendency to really air out his receivers.

ZeroTrunks

Reaction score
Dougie B has been mr clutch- I 100% agree! he is the reason we are 5-1. The guy has such a high game IQ- it's great he is on our team

SE174

Reaction score
Love DBfresh. Glad I got to meet him this summer and have him sign my Carlson jersey. Need to get the name switched out.

tubbs51

Reaction score
Baldwin is a great player. He needs more reps. Like others have said he's the most reliable option we have. Dude makes spectacular catches week in and week out and does it with little to no praise. I dare say he's more humble than Russell Wilson. He's a blue collar, lunchpale player. just look at last year. shatters his two front teeth and his lip and i believe he was back the next week. He's literally a diamond in the rough lol.

His play as a Seahawk is why i have his jersey.

largenutz

Reaction score
Hes half african american, his mom is filipino, and he grew up with the Asian culture. Hes the only flip in the league right now. Just one of the reasons hes one of my faves!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1dnq1zn7 said:
Baldwin hasn't been as good working the middle like he was with Tarvaris Jackson in 2011.

It was also noted that Baldwin ran the wrong routes or incomplete routes(forgot if it was intentional or not), but he got open a lot.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Doug has been our best WR this year bar none. I personally think he has outplayed Tate and Rice.