7th Round - 251st pick Stephen Sullivan TE LSU

toffee

Reaction score
Wondering he might have more iodide to bulk up a bit for TE duties or slim down a bit for more speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Absolutely LOVE this Young Man!

Seattle Reporters interview Stephen Sullivan -- 14 Minutes Long

[youtube]sZdNdQ-py1c[/youtube]

AgentDib

Reaction score
Wasn't it just last off-season that there countless posts about our need for big receivers? I seem to remember UDFA Jazz Ferguson had quite the following here mostly? due to his size. We're obviously going to run a lot of 12 personnel this year and so guys like Sullivan and Parkinson have a good shot at seeing playing time.

seabowl

Reaction score
In the video when Sullivan says don't do that I think John was scared for a second because he was thinking Sullivan didn't want the Hawks to take him.

Pretty funny

olyfan63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1romecew said:
Solid pick. Apparently, Miami wanted him, and figured they could sign him as an UDFA, so they traded their pick to us, hilarious.

SoufishHawk, FTW!! Nice catch, man! Yeah, in his conference call, he was talking about that, how Miami was trying to talk him into coming to them as a UDFA, Truly hilarious, that the Seahawks trade for Miami's pick and steal Sullivan from them with it!

Also, the Hawks clearly had some things they saw in Sullivan, some plans he fits into, or makes possible, in their vision. Plus, it's clear he is a great Seahawks fit in terms of his attitude and character. I'm thinking that they like the WR ability plus his blocking in the same package. It would be like they used George Fant in the Seahawks "Outside Tackle" (TM) position, lining up in the TE spot, as a Designated Pancaker in the running game. So we might need a new name for the position, a WR/TE hybrid who actually blocks, who is actually a WR threat who creates mismatches with smaller CBs, and can come back inside and line up and block like a TE in the running game, against pass-oriented defenses on 3rd and 2, and block LBs and DEs with success. That's a *guess*. Making shit up.

Anyone else have a good take to share on how the Hawks plan to use Sullivan, and why Pete saw him as a unique talent worth trading back into the draft to acquire?

Latest posts