7th Round - 251st pick Stephen Sullivan TE LSU

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Next year's sixth to move into this year's 7th round was the cost.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Interesting that we traded a pick to get into the 7th round and draft another TE. Seems that we could have either lived without him or tried to get him as an UDFA. TE is not a position of need unless we don't think Dissly is going to come back from this achilles.

Seahawker

Reaction score
This guy is no TE, he is a 6-5/250 hybrid mismatch WR to match with Metcalf to create coverage problems. Megatron or Antonio Gates might be a fair raw comparison.

Own The West

Reaction score
Feels like BMW all over again.

Remember when Pete started here and was obsessed with finding big receivers? Now he has three...

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Big Mike had som pretty impressive catches for us Pete’s first season. I wish he could of sustained that season for a few more.

vonstout

Reaction score
Seahawker76":2ftcfm24 said:
This guy is no TE, he is a 6-5/250 hybrid mismatch WR to match with Metcalf to create coverage problems. Megatron or Antonio Gates might be a fair raw comparison.

I thought that was what Parkinson was supposed to be. We needed to give up a 6th rounder next year for a duplicate player?

Jville

Reaction score
The coaching staff has certainly maximized their collection of big receivers to get the most out of Greg Olsen as a mentor for these young players. Maximizing value :2thumbs:

mrblitz

Reaction score
great pick... russell just tosses the ball downfield... big yardage everywhere

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think they said he is more of a project guy who needs developing.
Practice squad material IMHO.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
vonstout":1u1ik1ib said:
Seahawker76":1u1ik1ib said:

I thought that was what Parkinson was supposed to be. We needed to give up a 6th rounder next year for a duplicate player?
Yes Vonstout, they just gave themselves a mulligan (Covered their ass) JUST IN CASE Parkinson doesn't live up to all the promise....That's just smart Management, eh?

DJrmb

Reaction score
This was a tip from Pete's old assistant coach and the current LSU HC Ed Orgeron. Hopefully, this is the kind of insider info that leads to finding those diamonds in the rough late in the draft.

Pete Carroll says his ol’ USC pal Ed Orgeron, coach at LSU, tipped him off to 7th-rd pick Stephen Sullivan and his amazing rise from poverty, sleeping under a bridge. That led #Seahawks to trading back into draft to add him. “Coach O...he lit up about this kid”

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/25/ed-orgeron-helped-pete-carroll-make-nfl-draft-history/

RockinHawks

Reaction score
His game speed looks really good. Long strides, so if he does get some open field, he can accelerate. Looks like he catches the ball well and has really nice footwork as a pass catcher...that sideline catch in his highlights is textbook.

Another good chip-on-the-shoulder type of pick. Will be able to block from the WR/Hybrid position in the run game, I would imagine he makes the squad or is stashed on the IR this first year if he does well in the preseason.

Really interesting pick. I like it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Solid pick. Apparently, Miami wanted him, and figured they could sign him as an UDFA, so they traded their pick to us, hilarious.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
vonstout":255dgky9 said:
Seahawker76":255dgky9 said:

Little faster than Parkinson and better able to flex out wide. Maybe we are looking at the offence version of the Bandit package. Parkinson and Dissly in line and Suillivan out wide. That's a lot of big beef for 3rd and short packages. You can run off of that, throw short zone beaters, and just when they think you have it figured out send Parkinson down the seam to beat the LB in a contested high point toss.

Admittedly Sullivan will likely get cut but it's nice to imagine possibilities in April.