49ers to temporarily relocate: Updated, last 2 games in AZ

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I have so much respect for the 49ers.

What an incredible coaching job.

They lose their QB and arguably their best player, along with another of their best players later....and then go on to beat teams we got shelled by.

They scare me as a Seahawk fan but as a football fan it is hard not to be impressed by how they stayed competitive while losing players from so much of their roster.

Really admire their coaching staff. Not even sure playing in a bubble will be as big a challenge as some they have already overcome.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
In the meantime, Shanahan said the Niners will treat their hotel like Levi's Stadium, as it will be both where they live and their place of business. Players and coaches will have the option of finding temporary housing for their families and being able to stay with them in the Glendale area, but Shanahan emphasized that the rules will remain the same in terms of not venturing out and risking COVID-19 complications.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/304 ... cenario-us

Shan also said this

"I just try to tell our guys, I don't care what happens, we're not going to spend Christmas without our families," Shanahan said. "We'll figure it out. That's really what I tried to give to everyone just so they could say that to their families, because I think that is their concern."

Reading between the lines, Shan would rather all players/staff stay in the hotel and the 9ers will probably subsidize that option to sweeten it--but he can't MAKE them do that. The closer Christmas gets the more players particularly those with small children will be opting into airbnbs before Dec. 21 as their next game is right there against the Cards anyway.

Shan can't make families stay put like players, and those families will not have the restrictions that Santa Clara mandated on shopping malls (10 percent), food courts (closed), movie theaters (closed) or other things kids like (mostly closed).

There isn't anything, not even on paper, banning anyone in Maricopa from hosting people from multiple households. It is a way more free environment in Arizona. It is also more risky.

If Santa Clara County refuses to let the 49ers back, then they'll stay in a more risky environment that'll feel like a novelty in a way it may not amongst true locals, like the Cards. If they stay there through the Cards game 12/26, they probably do want to finish the regular reason there against Seattle.

I'm not prognosticating that the 49ers will be promiscuous or careless, but it's just human nature that when there are more fun things to do, more people do them, especially if they've got a 3 or 6 year old wanting whatever thing that is and it's four days before Christmas.

And that could affect us.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
At this point, I can't wait for 2020 to be over so I can go back to hating on the Niners, instead of pitying them, and begrudgingly respecting their resilience.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The 49ers (5-8) will finish the season by playing four of their final five games at State Farm Stadium. They have started that stretch by losing two “home” games to Buffalo and Washington that have nearly eliminated them from playoff contention.

After visiting the Cowboys on Sunday, the 49ers will play the Cardinals in Glendale on Dec. 26 - they will officially be the visiting team - before hosting the Seahawks at State Farm. In the unlikely event the 49ers earned a wild-card berth, they would not host a postseason game.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/49 ... r-BB1c2QPE

Meanwhile, SoFi (in an area with far higher positivity than here plus zero ICU beds) is all set to go.