49ers punish Ted Robinson for domestic-violence comments

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Marvin49":gzrq9dlm said:
Jville":gzrq9dlm said:
Addressing a misrepresentation of Pac-12 Network:

The Pac-12 Network announcement concerning Robinson came quickly after the actions and comments of 49ers president Paraag Marathe. The network announcement was made in concert with a 49er decision and action. San Francisco is headquarters for the Pac-12 network. It is in the same the same neighborhood and networking community. The Pac-12 Network announcement was not the independent affirmation of 49er actions that some of our resident 49er trolls have presented here.

The 49er organization has worked hard at achieving an edge in influencing media coverage. The accompanying Pac-12 network compliance was a muscle flexing exercise. I think the 49ers deserve much greater recognition for their efforts and ability to shape fan perspectives. Especially the thinking of 49er fans.

...and conspiracy theories continue.
This is just the Pac12 trying to get attention.

sidenote- all the Rayvens coverage beckons a Costas sunday night smack-down lecture (ring ring ring, Americans - please pick up the white courtesy phone). Get ready everyone - we're about to get told what to think by a man who is not only sincere, honest, & brave, but 100% politically correct as well.

#getKony
#bringbackourgirls
#schoolshootings=bad
$_.Political-Hot-Button-Issue

I might have to miss this weeks game.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Marvin49":2ol3z1v0 said:
Jville":2ol3z1v0 said:

The Pac-12 Network announcement concerning Robinson came quickly after the actions and comments of 49ers president Paraag Marathe. The network announcement was made in concert with a 49er decision and action. San Francisco is headquarters for the Pac-12 network. It is in the same the same neighborhood and networking community. The Pac-12 Network announcement was not the independent affirmation of 49er actions that some of our resident 49er trolls have presented here.

The 49er organization has worked hard at achieving an edge in influencing media coverage. The accompanying Pac-12 network compliance was a muscle flexing exercise. I think the 49ers deserve much greater recognition for their efforts and ability to shape fan perspectives. Especially the thinking of 49er fans.

A discrediting cliche ..... meaningless

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":3b8rgue9 said:
Marvin49":3b8rgue9 said:
Jville":3b8rgue9 said:

Welcome to my world...(spin, spin, SPIN).

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Marvin49":3jyy28zd said:
Jville":3jyy28zd said:
Marvin49":3jyy28zd said:
Jville":3jyy28zd said:

Welcome to my world...(spin, spin, SPIN).

Priceless!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I have been dreading a Bob Costas lecture since TMZ dropped their bomb.

Oh Lord, please let Bob get pink eye again so he can't go on the air.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Jville":2a82pwgm said:
Marvin49":2a82pwgm said:
Jville":2a82pwgm said:
Marvin49":2a82pwgm said:
Wow.

You really missed the point.

Freedom of Speech is freedom to say what you want to say without being incarcerated by the government.

It is NOT the right to say whatever the hell you want to say and be completely free of the ramifications of what you say. If you are an employee of a company and you say something that reflects poorly on them they have the freedom to tell you to take a hike.

If you advocate for slavery, use the N word in every other sentence, and are a racist bigot in any comment you make, the government can't touch you. That doesn't mean that peeps cant take you off the radio and call you a bigot. That would be THEIR right of free speech to do so.

Again...people very often confuse freedom of speech and freedom from consequences.

:177692: No ....... You missed the point. 49er President Paraag Marathe has acted like the government ..... beyond reproach.

SMDH.

That.....that......that doesn't even make sense. LOL.

He's NOT the government. He can't put anyone in prison. He is an employer like any other and can suspend or fire someone who works for him for making any comment that reflects badly on the company...and moreover this employee did it ON THE 49ERS FLAGSHIP STATION.

That's 100% NORMAL.

I think you need to look up Freedom of Speech.

To quote The Princess Bride...

"I do not think it means what you think it means".

This isn't even a debatable point or a conflict of opinion. You are flat wrong about the law and the intent of the law. Period. You want to argue the point? Look it up and show me where I'm wrong.

It's ok Marvin. You'll get it sometime in the future ..... when your ready.

quit embarrassing yourself

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
A note of clarification ........

Freedom of speech remarks originated in the comment section of the referenced blog found here >>> [urltargetblank]http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/09/10/49ers-suspend-announcer-ted-robinson-two-games-domestic-violence-comments/[/urltargetblank]

I am not entirely clear as to why a little bantering back and forth blew up and became such a diversion from the original posted topic .... but, it did.

PS. There are, as of this moment, 714 comments on the above referenced blog that offer a diversity of opinion about the 49ers punishment of Ted Robinson for domestic-violence comments.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Freedom of speech isn't freedom of consequence, even if it's the truth, if someone is money and what someone says are a threat to lose some then they can do what they will to protect that revenue, if you're an employee you can be fired for your opinion or suspended.

Thats pretty much what Goodell and the owners and the private investigation of the investigation that going to have another independent investigation with Lawyers and exerts that are all part of a legal circle inside the NFL is about.

If you tell the lie long enough then people will begin to believe it, work's for the government and major corporations all the time..

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":nfpaz6pl said:
kearly":nfpaz6pl said:
BS from top to bottom.

1) I made a short response about Freedom of Speech and the rest was responses to someone who had no idea what it meant. No intent to spin. I corrected his notion and was backed by a number of other posters.

2) Thanks for the compliment, but it was unfounded. I wasn't pulling anything. If I did, what the hell was I TRYING to pull? I agreed with you for gods sake.

No need to be so defensive, the "wag the dog" comment was meant as a joke. For it not to be a joke would mean that I'm saying you are an evil genius on par with Karl Rove, which clearly you are not.

3) I'm not the one in the spin machine. I'm not the one convicting a guy before he's ever been charged. I'm not the one assuming rumors are fact and adding emphasis that has never been reported. The Police have only ever said 2 things. "Visible injuries" and "light bruising". YOU are the one spinning that into "somebody beat her up". Hiding behind technicalities? Really? No charges. No police report. No facts to judge or convict on.

I'm not the one jumping to conclusions and adding pieces to the story that aren't there

That sir is SPIN...and I'm not the one doing it. You are.

One of the initial reports said that MacDonald's girlfriend told police he hit her and dragged her by the hair. I went back to look for a link but I haven't been able to find it, so take it for what it's worth.

In any event, she had visible injuries and bruising. It sickens me to hear you spin this issue Marvin. It really does.

I'm generally a believer in due process too, but justice is infamously difficult to attain in these cases which makes due process a highly flawed defense. Even the SF board of directors thinks it's weak shit.

If you were not a 49er fan you would not be defending the guy. IMO, you should just let this one slide.

Thank You for not calling me Karl Rove. Finally...something we can completely agree on. :)

I've never heard anything like that about Ray McDonald. IF that's true? Castration. All in favor. If that's what you have in your head when thinking about this situation then I can completely get where you are coming from.

Everything I've read tho paints an entirely different picture.

I agree that the only way to really ensure that people get a fair shake is that sometimes guilty men/women will walk free. OJ Simpson is a really good example. Just being found innocent doesn't mean you didn't do it.

I'm not advocating sitting back and let the entire process work itself out. I'm only saying its been a week and a half and NOTHING has transpired yet. No charges, no police report, nothing.

49ers keep saying Due Process IMO because saying "lets see what we see when the investigation is done and then we'll see where we are" because that's far to nuanced an idea to fit into a statement. Its also kinda sad that something that simple is too nuanced for the masses.

I am really, really tired tho of being accused of spin on this one. REALLY tired. I'm the only one NOT spinning it. All I'm advocating is seeing what comes of the investigation. That's it. That really sickens you? Really?

Taking the stance that he's guilty and should be punished is the only acceptable viewpoint? Really? Everything else is "sickening"? Have we really fallen so far that a guy doesn't even deserve to be presumed innocent and PROVEN guilty? Or at the very least be CHARGED with a crime before we decide?

Jeez...that's a sad commentary for me. That's depressing.

We all know what will come of the "investigation". The police report won't be released. The niner player involved will not get charged because of "lack of evidence" and the DA will be seen in a Levi's stadium luxury suite very soon.

The process in Santa Clara tends to "work itself out" that way A LOT these days. Bought and paid for...just win baby.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":2gf7g98y said:
Marvin49":2gf7g98y said:
kearly":2gf7g98y said:
BS from top to bottom.

1) I made a short response about Freedom of Speech and the rest was responses to someone who had no idea what it meant. No intent to spin. I corrected his notion and was backed by a number of other posters.

2) Thanks for the compliment, but it was unfounded. I wasn't pulling anything. If I did, what the hell was I TRYING to pull? I agreed with you for gods sake.

No need to be so defensive, the "wag the dog" comment was meant as a joke. For it not to be a joke would mean that I'm saying you are an evil genius on par with Karl Rove, which clearly you are not.

3) I'm not the one in the spin machine. I'm not the one convicting a guy before he's ever been charged. I'm not the one assuming rumors are fact and adding emphasis that has never been reported. The Police have only ever said 2 things. "Visible injuries" and "light bruising". YOU are the one spinning that into "somebody beat her up". Hiding behind technicalities? Really? No charges. No police report. No facts to judge or convict on.

I'm not the one jumping to conclusions and adding pieces to the story that aren't there

That sir is SPIN...and I'm not the one doing it. You are.

One of the initial reports said that MacDonald's girlfriend told police he hit her and dragged her by the hair. I went back to look for a link but I haven't been able to find it, so take it for what it's worth.

In any event, she had visible injuries and bruising. It sickens me to hear you spin this issue Marvin. It really does.

I'm generally a believer in due process too, but justice is infamously difficult to attain in these cases which makes due process a highly flawed defense. Even the SF board of directors thinks it's weak shit.

If you were not a 49er fan you would not be defending the guy. IMO, you should just let this one slide.

Thank You for not calling me Karl Rove. Finally...something we can completely agree on. :)

I've never heard anything like that about Ray McDonald. IF that's true? Castration. All in favor. If that's what you have in your head when thinking about this situation then I can completely get where you are coming from.

Everything I've read tho paints an entirely different picture.

I agree that the only way to really ensure that people get a fair shake is that sometimes guilty men/women will walk free. OJ Simpson is a really good example. Just being found innocent doesn't mean you didn't do it.

I'm not advocating sitting back and let the entire process work itself out. I'm only saying its been a week and a half and NOTHING has transpired yet. No charges, no police report, nothing.

49ers keep saying Due Process IMO because saying "lets see what we see when the investigation is done and then we'll see where we are" because that's far to nuanced an idea to fit into a statement. Its also kinda sad that something that simple is too nuanced for the masses.

I am really, really tired tho of being accused of spin on this one. REALLY tired. I'm the only one NOT spinning it. All I'm advocating is seeing what comes of the investigation. That's it. That really sickens you? Really?

Taking the stance that he's guilty and should be punished is the only acceptable viewpoint? Really? Everything else is "sickening"? Have we really fallen so far that a guy doesn't even deserve to be presumed innocent and PROVEN guilty? Or at the very least be CHARGED with a crime before we decide?

Jeez...that's a sad commentary for me. That's depressing.

We all know what will come of the "investigation". The police report won't be released. The niner player involved will not get charged because of "lack of evidence" and the DA will be seen in a Levi's stadium luxury suite very soon.

The process in Santa Clara tends to "work itself out" that way A LOT these days. Bought and paid for...just win baby.

There we go again conspiracy theories abound setting you up for a foolproof out to be "right". No matter whT happens, you can stand on your soapbox. To bad I can see right through it.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":fl0hzds8 said:
There we go again conspiracy theories abound setting you up for a foolproof out to be "right". No matter whT happens, you can stand on your soapbox. To bad I can see right through it.

Oh look at you.. I don't recall anyone ever claiming conspiracy Marvin but you seem to have no problem dropping it in to other members comments. Redefining the statements of others is one of your trademark behaviors. I usually chalk it up to your desire to dispute every single comment that has criticism in it and not being able to handle the traffic on your "heavy" days.

Too bad I can see right through it.

You know damn well that the star system is in play with not just SF, but most NFL players. The Brooks incident alone is enough to see that. In what USA city does bashing someone with ANYTHING over the head not get charged? So far the only ones I know have 49er players in it. I'm sure there are others, but right now SF is on the radar. Comments about payoffs and Levi's luxury suites are sarcasm, but there is certainly something inconsistent with law enforcement in the Bay Area. Conspiracy? Not likely. Extremely tolerant? Sure thing.

This McDonald thing will be telling. Something happened, that much is certain, but whatever it is, McDonald's claim about the truth coming out is very unlikely. I can't wait to hear the "facts" on that one.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":12lpazt2 said:
Marvin49":12lpazt2 said:

Oh look at you.. I don't recall anyone ever claiming conspiracy Marvin but you seem to have no problem dropping it in to other members comments. Redefining the statements of others is one of your trademark behaviors. I usually chalk it up to your desire to dispute every single comment that has criticism in it and not being able to handle the traffic on your "heavy" days.

Too bad I can see right through it.

You know damn well that the star system is in play with not just SF, but most NFL players. The Brooks incident alone is enough to see that. In what USA city does bashing someone with ANYTHING over the head not get charged? So far the only ones I know have 49er players in it. I'm sure there are others, but right now SF is on the radar. Comments about payoffs and Levi's luxury suites are sarcasm, but there is certainly something inconsistent with law enforcement in the Bay Area. Conspiracy? Not likely. Extremely tolerant? Sure thing.

This McDonald thing will be telling. Something happened, that much is certain, but whatever it is, McDonald's claim about the truth coming out is very unlikely. I can't wait to hear the "facts" on that one.

Why would it be telling. You've already decided that if he's not charged or found guilty it's because of the Police or DA "helping" him.

IE, he's guilty no matter what. If he's charged and found guilty and you get stand on the soapbox. If he's not charged or charged and found not guilty you get to say it's the DA because "something clearly happened".

Either way you've set the rules so that he's guilty no matter the outcome.

Nothing would be "telling" because you've already made up your mind. You even already laid the tracks to call him guilty even if he isn't charged.

It's clever, I'll give you that, but it's also BS.

Barakas

Reaction score
These threads are getting tiring. If there was news being discussed that would be one thing but the majority of comments are folks spinning and other folks anti-spinning the spinners.

One thing to be said about the web zone....the spinners would all have been banned by now.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Barakas":2pqbsahk said:
These threads are getting tiring. If there was news being discussed that would be one thing but the majority of comments are folks spinning and other folks anti-spinning the spinners.

One thing to be said about the web zone....the spinners would all have been banned by now.

Still wondering what the hell I'm spinning when all I'm sayin is let's get more info before convicting him on court of public opinion.

I guess that's too radical for .net.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":389niz3y said:
Barakas":389niz3y said:

Still wondering what the hell I'm spinning when all I'm sayin is let's get more info before convicting him on court of public opinion.

Nope, you are too trollish for the .net.
You are a perfect fit over at the Denialzone, and that's not a compliment.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":2bkiq12p said:
Why would it be telling. You've already decided that if he's not charged or found guilty it's because of the Police or DA "helping" him.

Your doing it again. I never said that Marvin.

I said that he likely wouldn't be prosecuted. Not that the DA or the police would be helping him. I think the police are doing their job, they did arrest him on the charge of felony DV. The DA will decide on whether or not to pursue the charges, I just don't think that there will be enough for that court to do so. I just don't see it happening based on previous behavior.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":tfmm4dow said:

It is the idea that you are using "let's" as if you have some sort of guiding influence here and don't have an interest as a fan of the Niners.

Like "come on guys, let's do it my way".

It is just opinion you are disputing. People have their own and not sharing the one you do (waiting for more information that we will never see) is not some violation of board etiquette. You have already posted that "let's" statement several times, so the continuation of it is indeed spin.

Why do they need to wait and see Marvin? For what? To see if he gets charged? I have already explained that there are really only 2 options. Either RM made the bruises on his girl's neck or someone else did.

So far, the only one arrested is RM.

chris98251

Reaction score
The 49ers fans are going to support their team and their perspective, if anyone thinks they are going to convince them otherwise while there is hope for the outcome to bounce to their side of the court then they are chasing air. The debates get nowhere because the position isn't decided on either side, just a bunch or opinions based on bits of leaks that have happened and no complete story.

RationalNiner

Reaction score
Marvin is an odd guy. Always feels the need to defend an organization that probably doesn't even know he exists. Same goes for some of the hawk fans here. I'm a fan and enjoy football and want the team I root for to have the best coaching & players, but my own personal dignity and self-worth is not tied to the team I root for like same of the other sport fans I've seen. Some literally live vicariously through the teams they root for, Marvin being one of those guys.