49ers lose Tomlinson and DJ Jones to free agency

jeremiah

Reaction score
Last I checked the 49ers were in the NFC championship and did not lose their 2 best players. Bobby Wagner second team all pro. Terrible season
B Wags is done, IMO. I loved him and still do. If I were the owner of the Hawks I would have told him to stay forever but cut his pay. If that was not to his liking, then I would tried to trade him, and cut him at the last minute to keep him from going elsewhere. I know most see it as a sign of respect to let the good ones go early. My idea of respect is I DON'T WANT THEM GOING AT ALL, and will use every rule available to keep them. The players surely use every rule to give themselves an advantage.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Please explain to me how Jimmy would be the back up to Lock? Lock has done nothing in 3 years other the lose, throw ints and throw incompletions. Dude sucks.

You are arguing with someone who simultaneously wants to believe they can get the best out of their current predicament at QB and hates Jimmy with the passion of 1000 suns.

There is no logic there.

Jimmy is a good QB, but he'll never be great. He has several obvious flaws. Drew Lock has yet to even meet THAT standard.

Jimmy career QB rating: 98.9. Drew Lock: 79.3.

I think having Wilson for so long has screwed their view of the QB world and its likely going to be rough learning the reality of the situation.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Please explain to me how Jimmy would be the back up to Lock? Lock has done nothing in 3 years other the lose, throw ints and throw incompletions. Dude sucks.

He’s a better athlete with a really good arm. Jimmy G is probably better now but again Lock is still on a cheap rookie contract. Jimmy G, while a decent quarterback has a much lower ceiling with Lock it’s still kind of a mystery. He started off great with Denver and to my understanding had to endure a couple of changes at OC. I feel like he needs a better look in a new system

94Smith

Reaction score
He’s a better athlete with a really good arm. Jimmy G is probably better now but again Lock is still on a cheap rookie contract. Jimmy G, while a decent quarterback has a much lower ceiling with Lock it’s still kind of a mystery. He started off great with Denver and to my understanding had to endure a couple of changes at OC. I feel like he needs a better look in a new system
You keep that dream alive. It’s good to have hope

Fade

Reaction score
Fade this confirms your stupidity. The NFC IS WIDE OPEN TO DETHRONE THE RAMS. Again look to conference wide parity. Also look to what Seattle has added in players like Quinton Jefferson and Nwosu. My guess is they’ll snag Sauce Gardner at 9 and continue to add pieces with the windfall of draft capital and cap space. And you can still be damn competitive during a rebuild look at Cincy
Delusion at its finest. The Seahawks are an absolute mess. McVay & Shanny have been to multiple NFC Championship games and Superbowls in the last 5 years and Pete struggles to even win a playoff game. Now without Wilson to drag him to the playoffs he won't even be doing that.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Delusion at its finest. The Seahawks are an absolute mess. McVay & Shanny have been to multiple NFC Championship games and Superbowls in the last 5 years and Pete struggles to even win a playoff game. Now without Wilson to drag him to the playoffs he won't even be doing that.
He actually has a point the NFC is a hot mess. Sure the Rams are there but literally no one else not even the Bucs with Brady. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Seattle put up 9 wins next year with whoever the quarterback is.