49ers Did The Right Thing By Lockett

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Yeah. That was pretty nice. Not enough of this type of stuff gets attention. Instead we have to be inundated with all the divisive crap.

Thanks goes out to the 49ers organization.

sutz

Reaction score
Cool story, thanks for the link. Yeah, behind the scenes most of the guys who work on the teams are not worrying about rivalries when it comes to the health of the team. I imagine our guys would do the same.

Kudos to the Niners staff, though. Way to come through.

(Actually they were just being selfish. They want Lockett healthy as we play all of the Niners rivals going down the stretch. :twisted: )

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
That was really classy by them.

I want it to stay that way b/c that's what keeps rivalries fun.

We've all seen what happens when that doesn't happen.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
northseahawk":ey31xcu3 said:
What were they gana say, NO??! No story here

I'll bet if you called the 49ers front office and asked if they could pull the stick out of your bum they would say yes. Now THAT would be a story.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is classy for sure and I am also equally sure had it been reversed, the Seahawks would have done the same for an injured 49er in Seattle following a game.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
The question is why don't the Seahawks have one of these Game Ready devices? My initial thought is that it isn't portable enough to take one with you on the road, but that is kind of contradicted by the fact that the Niners were able to get it to the hospital.

chris98251

Reaction score
Thanks to a classy Organization in the 49ers, yeah we love to trash talk each other and root against each other but they have always been a organization built on class going way back, yeah York may be a buffoon at times with how he does things but that doesn't negate the compassion of the Front offices for their players and others that make up the league. After all the players are everyone's product really and good will begets good will, I remember we had did something similar a few times over the years for injured players of other teams.

xray

Reaction score
chris98251":125sedev said:
Thanks to a classy Organization in the 49ers, yeah we love to trash talk each other and root against each other but they have always been a organization built on class going way back, yeah York may be a buffoon at times with how he does things but that doesn't negate the compassion of the Front offices for their players and others that make up the league. After all the players are everyone's product really and good will begets good will, I remember we had did something similar a few times over the years for injured players of other teams.
Well said...all the hate talk for opponents is ridiculous and overcooked . IMO

HawkSince87

Reaction score
Love to see it. Rivalry should always stay on the field. Off the field we should always help each other.

Smellyman

Reaction score
northseahawk":1hpcui64 said:
What were they gana say, NO??! No story here

I don't really get it either. Be sub-human d!cks or let him use it

When doing the right thing is 'classy'.

nategreat

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3jhueidv said:
The question is why don't the Seahawks have one of these Game Ready devices? My initial thought is that it isn't portable enough to take one with you on the road, but that is kind of contradicted by the fact that the Niners were able to get it to the hospital.

Game Ready's are super portable- about the size of two toasters or something put front to back. It plugs into the wall, and all you need is a little water and ice. Obviously the Seahawks weren't planning on anyone staying in the hospital overnight, but yeah, it's easy enough to take with them if they wanted to. Maybe they will now.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aros":x2315zlp said:
This is classy for sure and I am also equally sure had it been reversed, the Seahawks would have done the same for an injured 49er in Seattle following a game.
I agree.....They obliged, Because It Was The Right Thing To Do, not ponying up would have looked pretty bad for the whole NFL Nation.

HawkGA

Reaction score
This makes sense given the 49ers ownership. That is, Russell Wilson owns the 49ers.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
nategreat":surz9yml said:
Seanhawk":surz9yml said:

Game Ready's are super portable- about the size of two toasters or something put front to back. It plugs into the wall, and all you need is a little water and ice. Obviously the Seahawks weren't planning on anyone staying in the hospital overnight, but yeah, it's easy enough to take with them if they wanted to. Maybe they will now.

OK, it makes zero sense then that Seahawks didn't have one with them in the first place. Of course they weren't planning on anyone staying in the hospital, but that's like not bringing any medical equipment with them because they didn't plan on anyone getting hurt.