49ers bench Colin Kaepernick, Gabbert era begins

Smellyman

Reaction score
shawnsim":204pyq5y said:
I feel sorry for the guy. I mean really, he is just a kid.
It was fun to bag on him when he and his team were a perceived threat but, now its just sad.

He acts like a kid so I can see why you say that, but 28 years old isn't a kid.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Blaine Gabbert was drafted no. 10 overall.

...10!!

Newton & Dalton are the exceptions but that was a bad year for QBs.

Jville

Reaction score
uncle fester":kw0zrtaw said:
Blaine Gabbert was drafted no. 10 overall.

...10!!

Newton & Dalton are the exceptions but that was a bad year for QBs.

The current 49er paradigm seeks to collect more former and current #1 draft picks than anyone else. That goal operates in parallel with the other annual goal of collecting more draft picks than anyone else for the next draft event.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Trade? That means you get his contract.

What draft pick would you give to get him at 18mill a year?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
So what's gonna happen when Gabbert gets injured behind that bad offensive line? Do they throw Kap back out there with a "the team needs you, little buddy!" pep talk and all's good?

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2ddq9prx said:
Where's Marvin? I want to see how he's gonna spin this one.

Put a fork in that organization, they're done for the next decade at least. Baalke's poor drafts/management and Jed's poor ownership have lain the 9ers down to rest again.

No spin. Niners suck. No excuses.

...about the only bright spot is that if Kap is in fact not on the roster next year they might have upwards of 60 mil in cap space (maybe more if they are able to roll over some of the 13 mil under they are now and let guys like Brooks and Bethea go) and good draft position to go with their 11 picks or so.

Hey...ya gotta have something to look forward to.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2cp1ko5z said:
chris98251":2cp1ko5z said:
So who is going to grab him? Jets? Cowboys? Eagles? Texans? I think based on how Baalke trades he can be had for a 5th and a 7th.
Chip Kelly would love him.

Seems like he would. This is from one of their radio shows in Philly, but who knows.

One potential target whose name has popped up is Colin Kaepernick. It is evident that Kaepernick may not be in the future plans with the 49ers and many feel like his ability to make plays with his legs makes him a strong candidate to run Chip Kelly’s offense.

Howard Eskin joined The Josh Innes Show on Monday to discuss the Eagles’ feelings toward Kaepernick and toward their own quarterback in Bradford.

If you’re rooting for the Eagles to pursue Kaepernick, Eskin may have some bad news for you.

“They’re not big fans of Kaepernick,” Eskin said of the Eagles. Eskin added that the distaste for Kaepernick does not mean the team is incredibly high on Bradford either.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/1 ... Wk.twitter

Jville

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2vrii8rf said:
So what's gonna happen when Gabbert gets injured behind that bad offensive line? Do they throw Kap back out there with a "the team needs you, little buddy!" pep talk and all's good?

Nobody knows. There isn't an up front spokesperson ...... just whispers and rumors.

I'm incline to speculate that it's all run by some super secret software program. That would explain why nobody is accountable and why speculation is rampant.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Replacing Kaep with Gabbert is like like lying in bed, and quickly swapping the "kind of" fat girl from The Big Bang Theory, with the "really fat" lady from the Drew Carey Show, for your nightly boning.

The 49ers are about to make yet another drunken mistake by choosing to have sex with the wrong person. At this point, you need to replace the bartenders who keep attempting to roofie the fan-base --- York & Baalke.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":14g6j8by said:

piratesarecool4.gif

Marvin49

Reaction score
RockinHawks":1te2aj7q said:
Replacing Kaep with Gabbert is like like lying in bed, and quickly swapping the "kind of" fat girl from The Big Bang Theory, with the "really fat" lady from the Drew Carey Show, for your nightly boning.

The 49ers are about to make yet another drunken mistake by choosing to have sex with the wrong person. At this point, you need to replace the bartenders who keep attempting to roofie the fan-base --- York & Baalke.

This isn't about thinking Gabbert is better.

I think this is about keeping Kap off the field so they don't have to risk paying his injury guarantee. I'd like to think this is a short term thing and they just want to give Kap a few weeks to get his head together, but I think it's far more than that.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":24pe0qpa said:
Laloosh":24pe0qpa said:

piratesarecool4.gif

You know, if we were to convince the NFL to give a portion of Raider jersey sales to feed starving pirates, we just might be able to solve global warming given all of the 49er fans now looking for a team. :p

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":78sxcanb said:
Marvin49":78sxcanb said:
Laloosh":78sxcanb said:

piratesarecool4.gif

You know, if we were to convince the NFL to give a portion of Raider jersey sales to feed starving pirates, we just might be able to solve global warming given all of the 49er fans now looking for a team. :p

...but they'd only do it if the Flying Spaghetti Monster would raise his noodly appendage and say its OK.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2db3a0na said:
Marvin49":2db3a0na said:
peachesenregalia":2db3a0na said:
Where's Marvin? I want to see how he's gonna spin this one.

Put a fork in that organization, they're done for the next decade at least. Baalke's poor drafts/management and Jed's poor ownership have lain the 9ers down to rest again.

No spin. Niners suck. No excuses.

...about the only bright spot is that if Kap is in fact not on the roster next year they might have upwards of 60 mil in cap space (maybe more if they are able to roll over some of the 13 mil under they are now and let guys like Brooks and Bethea go) and good draft position to go with their 11 picks or so.

Hey...ya gotta have something to look forward to.

Do you honestly have any faith in that organization to spend that money wisely? Why are you still in love with Trent Baalke? A lot of this mess is his doing. Niners in the shitter for the foreseeable future. No silver lining here, only tears. Sweet, delicious tears.

Who said anything about faith? Who said anything about Baalke?

All I can do it hope they get it together. What are my other options?

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1jcsu4jn said:
Oh, there's always options, Marvin. I'd like to see you take the resigned, depressed fan approach who doesn't see things getting better anytime soon and agrees when people downplay every move the organization makes for the next decade or so.

It will be my pleasure to disappoint you. :D

aredub

Reaction score
49ers gunning for the #1 draft pick! Kaep will be playing for a new team next year!

Marvin49

Reaction score
aredub":1hn5kuz9 said:
49ers gunning for the #1 draft pick! Kaep will be playing for a new team next year!

Barring Gabbert getting hurt and forcing them to play him, I think Kap is all but gone already.

At this point, the only way he stays in SF is if he comes back in the above circumstance and then sets the world on fire...which isn't going to happen.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Next time SF is any good, Niner fans be like:

35dnk4

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Nothing will change for the 49ers until York & Baalke self-evaluate themselves and change their approach. First Harbaugh, Now Kap, and Tomsula is probably next.