2nd Place in the AFC East?

pehawk

Reaction score
Who gets this throw away prize this year?

Jets - Laugh all you want but I still like Rex, HAVE to think Woody meddled last year. That squad was absolutely devastated by injuries. We'd all be whining and excusifying if the Seahawks incurred that number of injuries.

Dolphins - I thought for SURE Philbin would be an unmitigated disaster. But, like most things not only was I wrong, I was ALOT wrong. I really like that squad and their direction. Tannehill couldn't beat my daughter at Connect Four, but dude's a baller. He can flat chuck it.

And my sleeper, the Bills - LOVED their picks of Manuel and Woods. Woods is a "just add Gatorade" 1,000 yard receiver. IMO he was the most NFL ready WR, by a mile, in this past draft. And, Manuel's smart, tough, athletic QB who will be a great leader, IMO.

I really dont know how that division shakes out. I could see all of them going anywhere from 6-10 to a freak 10-6.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
You are brainstorming this morning.

I SOOOO badly want to get on with the Jets, and I want Sanchez to be my new Rex (G). And Blaine Gabbert, what can I say, I am polyamourous with bad QBs. I just can't shake the feeling that when he inevitably shows weakness, the accountant now running the team is going to pull a string and yank Sanchize. That team reeks of fake QB competition right now.

I feel the Bills for a strong start. It might take Kolb a while to realize he is a sissy, and they have the run option waiting on the wings. That RB is a scary dude. I have no feel for the coaching staff.

The fins. Ireland is the new Ruskell, but the Tannehill and his new WRs might just work. Musical chairs with the linebackers was weird, and his need for the Oregon kid was like Ruskell's curry lust. They don't have a genuine left tackle of consequence, and the run game is a ? I think that secondary is a season away at least.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Philbin's better than I thought. I think his departure will continue to hurt the Packers.

I like the Bills staff. The hire made so much sense.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
You didn't list the Patriots. I know it's easy to chalk them into first, but with a defense that wasn't all that great last year (though certainly not bad), and the complete disaster that their receiving/TE corp has turned into, they just might slip this year. Belicheck doesn't have his magic *cough* videotapes *cough* any more.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1yneg3o7 said:
You didn't list the Patriots. I know it's easy to chalk them into first, but with a defense that wasn't all that great last year (though certainly not bad), and the complete disaster that their receiving/TE corp has turned into, they just might slip this year. Belicheck doesn't have his magic *cough* videotapes *cough* any more.

I agree the Pats may struggle this year...I just cant see any of those teams surpassing them.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
pehawk":211t0w73 said:
Sarlacc83":211t0w73 said:

I agree the Pats may struggle this year...I just cant see any of those teams surpassing them.

I'll go ahead and say it.

2nd place in AFCE goes to the Pats, with the Dolphins edging them out by a game as Tannehill improves on his rookie season.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Vols, I read that with a combo of Jay Feidler and Chad Pennington as the voice in my head. And, I've now settled on Feidler. From now on not only will I ASSUME your Jay Feidler, but I will read all your posts in his voice.

XOXO

Marc Duper

(its okay to be weird and derail my own threads, right?)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Dolphins earn a wild card spot. Brady's going to surprise some people this year and still get 12+ wins, though. He's a honey badger, he just don't care that his weapons have left the house.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
I think the Dolphins are the next best team and have a decent shot at the Wildcard in a watered-down AFC

volsunghawk

Reaction score
pehawk":10rzafxp said:
Vols, I read that with a combo of Jay Feidler and Chad Pennington as the voice in my head. And, I've now settled on Feidler. From now on not only will I ASSUME your Jay Feidler, but I will read all your posts in his voice.

XOXO

Marc Duper

(its okay to be weird and derail my own threads, right?)

Oh, yeah. It's totally fine. Expected, even, in your case.

Fiedler out.

Axx

Reaction score
I pick the Phins, their Dline is very good.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Yeah put me down for the Phins too, finishing one game behind NE. Wish it would be Buffalo but it's one of those franchises that just seems to find ways to fail year in and year out.

heyu123

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ars4iwy said:
Dolphins earn a wild card spot. Brady's going to surprise some people this year and still get 12+ wins, though. He's a honey badger, he just don't care that his weapons have left the house.

Agree. Brady has had worse weapons before than he will have this year and still been wildly successful. I don't foresee much of a problem.

I like Miami second place. I don't think they'll be a wild card though, but 8-8 sounds right.

Sac

Reaction score
The Patriots secondary sucks. It's awful, really. So you have to ask yourself, when other teams start putting up points on them are they gong to be able to keep up?

No Welker, gimpy Gronk, Hernandez in lock down and Amendola being the NFLs "Mr. Glass". Opposing teams won't have to sell out to stop the pass and their run game will suffer.

This is not the early 2000's Patriots team with a dominating defense.

The first 9 weeks, the only games that look on the easy side for them is the Bills and the Jets twice. Their other 6 games?

Bucs
Falcons
Bengals
Saints
Dolphins
SteAlers

Bye week

Their last 7?

Panthers
Broncos
Texans
Browns (meh)
Dolphins
Ravens
Bills (meh)

mikeak

Reaction score
Jets - did they get a real qb? Nope - ok not happening

Bills - great they got Manuel get back to me in two years when they have either developed or failed to develop his athletic abilities. He is not ready to start

So that leaves two teams - NE is short on people but have a good system. Dolphins don't know how to maintain success and keep winning.

Going Dolphins 1 - NE 2 - Bills and Jets distant fifth........

Throwdown

Reaction score
Dolphins will be #2, Tannehill is NOT a joke, dude can ball.

Jets? No

Bills? hahahahaha