27th draft pick 2020

mikeak

Reaction score
It is set. The Ravens win helps us, a shame Houston didn't hold on or it would be one better

We have the 27th draft pick in the first round....until we trade down

Kryten

Reaction score
My early calculations are as follows:
27 (our 1st)
59 (our 2nd)
64 (from KC/SF)
102 (comp for ET)
130 (our 4th)
143 (comp for Coleman)
154 (from Pit/Jax)
213 (comp for Stephens)
241 (our 7th)
Traded away our 3rd (Hou), 5th (Det), & 6th (Jax)

So that's 9 picks, including 4 in the top 102. Should be a good influx of talent with this starting point.

John63

Reaction score
Kryten":1mjxucwl said:
27 (our 1st)
59 (our 2nd)
64 (from KC/SF)
102 (comp for ET)
130 (our 4th)
143 (comp for Coleman)
154 (from Pit/Jax)
213 (comp for Stephens)
241 (our 7th)

So that's 9 picks, including 4 in the top 102. Should be a good influx of talent with this starting point.

We will end up with more, they will trade down.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
John63":15ct25nv said:
Kryten":15ct25nv said:
27 (our 1st)
59 (our 2nd)
64 (from KC/SF)
102 (comp for ET)
130 (our 4th)
143 (comp for Coleman)
154 (from Pit/Jax)
213 (comp for Stephens)
241 (our 7th)

We will end up with more, they will trade down.

Yup but we have shown if we have a player we really like we will trade up too (See Tyler Lockett & DK Metcalf)

seabowl

Reaction score
27 is a good thing. This way JS won't have to trade back to get a player we've never heard of before that will undoubtedly underperform. He'll be sitting for us right there.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Need to address the RB position as well as our 1st and 2nd string are coming off significant injuries.
Also our #2 corner can’t cover jack. So there are 3 holes that need to be addressed.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
Every position other than QB, P, and LS is a position of need I think. Even if you are OK with the starters at a few positions, there is no depth on this team.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Finally someone starts a meaningful thread relevant to where we're at in the football world! Kudos to OP.

Serious need on O Line in order to protect our biggest investment.
Agree with RB concerns.
Agree with CB theory.
D Line is a primary NEED. Such a drag about Q Jeff. Keep Clowney and Poona (I like Reed too unless he has already peaked). Ansah wasn't one, so spend that $ on someone that is. Build on that.

jeremiah

Reaction score
I really like Clowneys energy and physicality, the real problem to me it seems is the lack of young talent. Guys who are 23-25 with the same talent and effort, and years ahead of them as stars on the cheap. What we need, is a few years of failure to reboot, reload and rebuild. Get rid of Russell, trade Wagner, and snif sniff snifff Lockett. Those were tears by the way. They will keep Seattle at well above average level for several more years. PC lost his shot at the HoF by losing the second SB. He also lost Seattles shot at a legacy of "Team of the Decade". Petes best years are over. The Seahawks will struggle into the playoffs several more times until Pete is retired, and Russell replaces the string of losers in DC or something in a trade. Only one team has been able to remain relevant and that is NE. Pete is not Belichek, and to climb to the top, you have to hit bottom it seems.

What do I really want to see happen? Pete turns over the Offense to someone who understands how to play mobile QB, or just the game. Peyton Mannings guru, or someone similar. Pete can help organize cheers on the sidelines, while a hard ass guy grinds his teeth while his defense blitzes on nearly every down and gets home. The team can get much better, but it must pick up young OL that can play on day 2 if not day 1. Go help a talented WR to keep off of drugs, and sign him along with DK and Lockett. We need a young and talented DB, another DE with force and speed, a replacement for Wagner in the future. We are really close to great. Hope Penny and fumbles come back strong.

Boycie

Reaction score
Kryten":1acisxbi said:
27 (our 1st)
59 (our 2nd)
64 (from KC/SF)
102 (comp for ET)
130 (our 4th)
143 (comp for Coleman)
154 (from Pit/Jax)
213 (comp for Stephens)
241 (our 7th)

Have you ever been to Silicone Heaven Kryten?

SeaWolv

Reaction score
We need DL, OL and CB in that order this off-season. If we can get the sack numbers up with some solid DL help that will help the secondary immensely but they still need a CB (Flowers ain't it) and we need OL help for pass pro and run blocking (Russ can't keep this sack rate up).

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Schneider will screw this up like always. I'd like to see a new GM but it's not going to happen he's great in Free Agency but below average at drafting . He's had a ton of talent sitting there on draft day and he passes on all of them the one exception last year was Metcalf . He finally took a consensus player and it paid off huge. If he does more of that fine but he refuses to change his draft strategy. He waited to long to take Metcalf to it was just dumb luck that he was still sitting there.

Kryten

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2h082fqa said:
Kryten":2h082fqa said:
Have you ever been to Silicone Heaven Kryten?

I no longer believe in Silicon Heaven. But I still use it and Silicon Hell as tools to keep the toasters and calculators in line.

Elemas

Reaction score
Dependent upon Carson and Penny's health and the resigning of Clowney but, I'd go Edge, Corner, offensive line until it just doesn't make sense, and possibly snag another TE.

Imagine what Russ could do with protection?

They need to really consider o-line...and not get cute.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Elemas":1tc07vxf said:
Dependent upon Carson and Penny's health and the resigning of Clowney but, I'd go Edge, Corner, offensive line until it just doesn't make sense, and possibly snag another TE.

Interior Dline is the priority then Edge, OL and finally secondary. Once you upgrade the Dline then the secondary gets immediately better. We need a DT that can apply pressure and stop the run as well as another good edge rusher to take pressure off Clowney. Once you get that taken care then the focus needs to be making sure Russ doesn't lead the NFL in sacks and QB hits and has the 3 seconds he needs to work his magic plus open holes for Carson. Finally you need to move Flowers back to safety and upgrade the corner spot opposite Griffin (Juston Burris is available).

Elemas

Reaction score
SeaWolv":46qtbfsx said:
Elemas":46qtbfsx said:

Interior Dline is the priority then Edge, OL and finally secondary. Once you upgrade the Dline then the secondary gets immediately better. We need a DT that can apply pressure and stop the run as well as another good edge rusher to take pressure off Clowney. Once you get that taken care then the focus needs to be making sure Russ doesn't lead the NFL in sacks and QB hits and has the 3 seconds he needs to work his magic plus open holes for Carson. Finally you need to move Flowers back to safety and upgrade the corner spot opposite Griffin (Juston Burris is available).

Respect your opinion. If you don't resign Clowney, you're very limited at Edge. I'm not feeling that bad about Jefferson and Reed. Could be beefed up but, if you don't get Clowney back...gl w/ Collier and Ansah (if he's even resigned).

Flowers surely needs to be moved (off the roster but since he's a rookie, he'll be around a bit).