2024 Home game themes

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Those will be fun. Got my Wagner throwback ready.
But did he ever actually wear that uniform?

IMO, if you’re gunna have a throwback it should be a dude that actually did.
Tez, Largent, Zorn, Easley etc etc

I think you've got this one backward. Tez, Largent, Zorn, and Easley never wore that jersey, at least not during their playing careers, and Tez definitely never wore it at all. Those guys all wore the 1983-2001 models (the font used for the numbers changed in '94), on which the stripes and ceremonial-mask bird-of-prey face were much further down on a much larger sleeve and the narrow stripes around the neck weren't interrupted by an NFL logo. Largent, Zorn, and Easley also wore the original 1976-82 model, with no bird face on the sleeve, just stripes, and with the "TV numbers" on the upper part of the sleeves instead of the shoulders. Since 1983, the "TV numbers" have been on top of the shoulders of Seahawks jerseys.

Just my opinion, nothing wrong with a Wagner I suppose.

I've wanted a 79 GREEN royal-blue Seahawks jersey for a very long time. I was even starting to accept the idea of buying a college-navy jersey with that number and name when I couldn't find replica Green jerseys, but at the time, the Seahawks Pro Shop site wouldn't even let me create that combination with the make-your-own-jersey product.

When I finally went to my first Seahawks home game after more than 43 years as a Seahawks fan, I wore a royal-blue 10 ZORN (a replica of the 1983-2001 model) jersey to represent the Seahawks of my childhood and adolescence (tho' my childhood was in the '70s and my adolescence in the '80s) and a college-navy current-logo cap to represent the current era and XLVIII.

On my way to that game, I took a train from Puyallup, where I was staying with friends, to the stadium. As the train filled up, for the first time in my 43+ years of being a Seahawks fan (at the time), I was completely surrounded by people in Seahawks gear, and I felt that the Seahawks fan in me was finally home. I thought about my dad and wished I could call him to tell him I was finally getting to a Seahawks home game, and to thank him again for all the effort he made to follow all Seahawks-related news for me over the years. That was the first time I noticed the dust problem in Seattle. I would notice it several other times that day.

Anyway, as I was enjoying that moment on the train, I noticed this one young guy wearing a college-navy Seahawks jersey with the number 80. When he looked at me, I asked him what name was on the back of that jersey. He said "Largent." I told him that was really cool, and I was being completely sincere. I really thought it was cool that he had a jersey with a combination that never actually existed.

And that, plus the existence of the new throwback uniforms, plus the fact that the Pro Shop now does let me make the jersey I want (see image below), makes me happy. Some part of me would still prefer a replica jersey, but a throwback is close enough. In any case, I'm not buying one just yet. Priorities. But there will be some moment of celebration in the not-too-distant future when I will celebrate by getting myself that present.

Last edited:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have some ideas for Home Game Themes. How about:

1976 Inaugural Season Concession Prices

Dunk-A-9ers-Fan

The Hell With Dog Races, Bring Out The Bikini Girls Halftime Show

Opposing QB Has To Wear A Tutu

All Refs Have To Wear Bifocals and Walk With Canes

Seahawks Dancers? Back To SeaGals!

Free Private Bathroom Access with Complimentary Drink Ticket

All 12s Get A Free Jersey Of Their Choice

12,000,000 Lotto - One Lucky 12 Wins!

Punch John Elway Just Because Halftime Show

Feel free to add your suggestions!

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Well yes , I stand corrected with the actual “new” throwback jersey.
That however wasn’t what I meant to imply.

Hopefully most understand my sentiment.
There is only one throwback jersey. Seems as if you may be confusing throwback with original. It’s only a throwback because it’s a new uniform that pays homage to the old

flv2

Reaction score
I have some ideas for Home Game Themes. How about:

1976 Inaugural Season Concession Prices

Dunk-A-9ers-Fan

The Hell With Dog Races, Bring Out The Bikini Girls Halftime Show

Opposing QB Has To Wear A Tutu

All Refs Have To Wear Bifocals and Walk With Canes

Seahawks Dancers? Back To SeaGals!

Free Private Bathroom Access with Complimentary Drink Ticket

All 12s Get A Free Jersey Of Their Choice

12,000,000 Lotto - One Lucky 12 Wins!

Punch John Elway Just Because Halftime Show

Feel free to add your suggestions!
A Supersonics tribute night where the Seahawks wear green, gold and white.

...but only if they're coming back as an expansion team.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
They will likely wear them at least twice a season. Just a guess. Although, I would be down for 3 times a year.