2023 HOF Modern Era Nominees

kidhawk

Reaction score

This is just the first list and will be whittled down over the coming months, but there are some interesting names on it including guys like:

Dave Krieg
Shaun Alexander
Ricky Watters
Kam Chancellor (first nomination)

This 129 will be cut to 25 on November 15th

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I would be ecstatic to see every one of those guys make it. Mudbone? How cool would that be. Shaun is fringe because he was so dominant but in such a short span. Not sure that's enough. Watters is one of my all-time favorites. Nobody, and I mean nobody I can ever recall wanted to win more than him. I always said he played every single down like it was the last play in a Super Bowl to win it all. I would have LOVED if he was a Seahawk his entire career.

Kam may just make it in because of the sheer impact he had on the game and being the primary force of the legendary LOB. That alone may get him the nod and what a beautiful day that will be.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Bam Bam,SA and #17 are HOF's maybe not first ballot
but like Russ they will get in eventually.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Kam is my favorite player. Just loved the way he hit, tackled, and carried himself on and off the field. The man was violent. But his hits were clean. He was the true enforcer. The epitome of a player who put it all on the field for his team.

seattle-seahawks-vs49ers-football.gif

BFFIzP4

9bqd

Kamhit2 medium

Torc

Reaction score
I loved Krieg (or at least every other week I loved him) but he didn't have consistent success for long enough. Apart from 1984, he was really up and down.

I could see Alexander someday, but not first ballot. The MVP helps him a lot, as does the season TD record that he briefly shared.

I see Watters as borderline, definitely in the Hall of the Very Good. I may be underrating him.

I'm afraid Kam may get overshadowed by the rest of the LOB. It may help that he's the first critical member of the LOB to be eligible for the HOF. It may also help that most non-seahawk fan's biggest memory will be of him setting the tone in the Super Bowl. His lack of interceptions may hurt him too, although most safeties aren't interception machines. Personally, I'd rather see him in than Earl, but I think Sherman may have a stronger HOF case. It would help to induct Kam before Sherm is eligible.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I loved Krieg (or at least every other week I loved him) but he didn't have consistent success for long enough. Apart from 1984, he was really up and down.

I could see Alexander someday, but not first ballot. The MVP helps him a lot, as does the season TD record that he briefly shared.

I see Watters as borderline, definitely in the Hall of the Very Good. I may be underrating him.

I'm afraid Kam may get overshadowed by the rest of the LOB. It may help that he's the first critical member of the LOB to be eligible for the HOF. It may also help that most non-seahawk fan's biggest memory will be of him setting the tone in the Super Bowl. His lack of interceptions may hurt him too, although most safeties aren't interception machines. Personally, I'd rather see him in than Earl, but I think Sherman may have a stronger HOF case. It would help to induct Kam before Sherm is eligible.
Technically he owned the TD record solo for one season, if I recall correctly.

Torc

Reaction score
Technically he owned the TD record solo for one season, if I recall correctly.
He owned the record for total TDs at 28, tied Priest Holmes for the 27 rushing TDs. LaDainian Tomlinson beat both the following year at 31/28. Alexander is still in second for both records.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
He owned the record for total TDs at 28, tied Priest Holmes for the 27 rushing TDs. LaDainian Tomlinson beat both the following year at 31/28. Alexander is still in second for both records.
Gotcha, thank you. I sure miss watching LT. Lived in SD during his early years and saw a bunch of his games live. Honestly don't know if anyone since has wowed me like that.

Eamon696

Reaction score
My worry with Kam, is that he will miss the window for his initial eligibilty and will only be eligible as a Senior Enshrinee way down the line.

In my book, Kam, Earl, and Sherm are all Hall of Famers - and at the very least belong in the Ring of Honor

Rat

Reaction score
Zero chance Kam makes it. I doubt he ever even becomes a semi-finalist. It's tough for safeties to get in as it is, and he just doesnt have the accolades, plus the lack of longevity.

Earl and Sherm will for sure be inducted someday though.

94Smith

Reaction score
How many years was Watters in Seattle? Loved that guy as a niner

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
3 full seasons, and part of another. Hated him in SF, but when he came here, loved how he played. Always played hard.

Rat

Reaction score
Watters has that six TD playoff game propping up his legacy, but I have to feel like if he hasn't made it yet, or even has even been close for that matter, it's not happening. It would be nice if he joined fellow Seahawk RB legends Franco Harris and Edgerrin James in the HOF someday though.

schkoot

Reaction score
Two of my favorite Seahawks ever on that list. Kam and Dave Krieg!

I had one of Krieg's Starting Lineup toys when I was a younger guy, and I shaved off the strike beard in 1988... I still have it sans helmet. LOL.

He was a big deal to me back then. I'd be beside myself if he made it in.