2014 Summer Transfer Window

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":1zhjy6oc said:
Roma, Napoli, Inter Milan and Anderlhect are reportedly the top 4 in the Yedlin Sweepstakes.

I'd be Ok with Yedlin watching Maicon for a year and then stepping into the first team at Milan.

Not to be selfish for the lad... but if he wants to learn how to play that wingback in the mold Klinsmann is implementing it cannot be in Italy (unless its part of Juve's 3-5-2)

Anyways, he will develop rather quickly regardless. I have a feeling wherever he ends up in the near future he will move on to something a bit bigger down the road. A first step move to a Dutch club like Anderlhect, in which the whole damned league runs Cruyff's (and Ajax) version of the 433 wouldnt be a bad start

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2y9bkhqf said:
Not to be selfish for the lad... but if he wants to learn how to play that wingback in the mold Klinsmann is implementing it cannot be in Italy (unless its part of Juve's 3-5-2)

Anyways, he will develop rather quickly regardless. I have a feeling wherever he ends up in the near future he will move on to something a bit bigger down the road. A first step move to a Dutch club like Anderlhect, in which the whole damned league runs Cruyff's (and Ajax) version of the 433 wouldnt be a bad start
Dutch???? Anderlecht is not a Dutch club!!! It is a Belgian club ;)

Plus, not all of the Eredivisie runs the Cruyff's scheme. PSV Eindhoven -inspired by Hiddink- has a different style!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nog":22v1rfdl said:
Uncle Si":22v1rfdl said:

Plus, not all of the Eredivisie runs the Cruyff's scheme. PSV Eindhoven -inspired by Hiddink- has a different style!

Come on Nog... Its still a 433. You get the point. Anderlecht also run it, despite apparently leaving the Dutch league without telling me :).

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3l9auien said:
Uncle Si":3l9auien said:
Suarez to Barca..

Didn't see that coming!

But wait...didn't UK_Seahawk say he was damaged goods and that we wouldn't get close to 70 million pounds for him? I don't understand?

Either way life without him will be a hard transition. I loved watching Torres. Then came Suarez and it was so easy to support him even with his antics.

I don't know what's in store. Without a single move made from right now (counting Markovic in) I think we will be right around 4th. Bring in Bony, Lovren, Moreno, and a Shaqiri type player and we can back to challenging for a title.

Lots of ifs...really wanted Sanchez for that

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":15jlmwvd said:
Uncle Si":15jlmwvd said:
peachesenregalia":15jlmwvd said:
Uncle Si":15jlmwvd said:
Suarez to Barca..

Didn't see that coming!

But wait...didn't UK_Seahawk say he was damaged goods and that we wouldn't get close to 70 million pounds for him? I don't understand?

Either way life without him will be a hard transition. I loved watching Torres. Then came Suarez and it was so easy to support him even with his antics.

I don't know what's in store. Without a single move made from right now (counting Markovic in) I think we will be right around 4th. Bring in Bony, Lovren, Moreno, and a Shaqiri type player and we can back to challenging for a title.

Lots of ifs...really wanted Sanchez for that

Yeah, pretty much agree. Suarez was always going to be a huge loss, but he can be replaced with system adjustments and aggregate. We scored 101 league goals last season, and Suarez scored or had a hand in 43 of those. Se we basically need to replace 43 goals. Lallana, Markovic, Bony, Sterling, Coutinho, should all be able to come up with at least 40 goals between them, provided the system works for all of them. I have supreme faith in our player development and in Rodgers' tactics.

I'd be fine with scoring 85 and conceding 35...

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Just felt like asking this. But what does everyone think about the kits that their teams will be wearing this year?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":2woly9zf said:
Just felt like asking this. But what does everyone think about the kits that their teams will be wearing this year?

I liked the kit Sanchez was photod in (except for the badge of course)

Not a big fan of Liverpools...nor Warrior in general

Smurf

Reaction score
My clubs for a logo for a car manufacture that doesnt sell or manufacture cars in the country they play in....and its hideous.

Fml....

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":e69s4bio said:
Gatehawk":e69s4bio said:

I liked the kit Sanchez was photod in (except for the badge of course)

Not a big fan of Liverpools...nor Warrior in general

Which one? The first one he was shown in was the training kit

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3s5yzyyg said:
Nog":3s5yzyyg said:
Uncle Si":3s5yzyyg said:

Come on Nog... Its still a 433. You get the point. Anderlecht also run it, despite apparently leaving the Dutch league without telling me :).
Yes, but Cuyff tactical approach is really specific. There is a defensive approach of the 433 built for counter attack ;) And I feel like Anderlecht plays with this mold.

Nog

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1kuddn0g said:
Yeah, pretty much agree. Suarez was always going to be a huge loss, but he can be replaced with system adjustments and aggregate. We scored 101 league goals last season, and Suarez scored or had a hand in 43 of those. Se we basically need to replace 43 goals. Lallana, Markovic, Bony, Sterling, Coutinho, should all be able to come up with at least 40 goals between them, provided the system works for all of them. I have supreme faith in our player development and in Rodgers' tactics.
What about the impact on the team game? Pilling players don't solve this problem because you got to have a top player to make differences.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nog":2srtucvt said:
peachesenregalia":2srtucvt said:
What about the impact on the team game? Pilling players don't solve this problem because you got to have a top player to make differences.

Liverpools biggest issue last year was their depth in key positions, most notably striker and out wide (whether the wing or wing back) so they certainly needed to add players, good ones for the dual campaigns.

But replacing Suarez is impossible. The team will need to be redefined. We did it to rather good effect to start the year. I'm hoping Rodgers can add depth and impact who will fit his post-Suarez style of play.

Teams have done it. Arsenal are masters of it. United won titles after Ronaldo. Its not impossible. But tricky. That was all Wenger and Ferguson. Rodgers will be the best signing we made all summer if he pulls it off.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nog":i44d6tz4 said:
Uncle Si":i44d6tz4 said:
Nog":i44d6tz4 said:
Uncle Si":i44d6tz4 said:

Yes, but Cuyff tactical approach is really specific. There is a defensive approach of the 433 built for counter attack ;) And I feel like Anderlecht plays with this mold.

Cruyff's was geared for far better talent as well...but we're talking the same game. The Dutch league is a breeding ground of familiarity in this style so it suits players to develop their. Yedlins best attributes are what he adds to the attack as a defender so a 433 (even in Belgium) is a good landing spot

Then a move to a bigger club

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2echrlm1 said:
Cruyff's was geared for far better talent as well...but we're talking the same game. The Dutch league is a breeding ground of familiarity in this style so it suits players to develop their. Yedlins best attributes are what he adds to the attack as a defender so a 433 (even in Belgium) is a good landing spot

Then a move to a bigger club
Ok I see what you mean. Belgian league is a really ground to learn for sure! But I wish he could go to France or Germany. France formed really well younger players (Germany too).

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ez8xag0 said:
Liverpools biggest issue last year was their depth in key positions, most notably striker and out wide (whether the wing or wing back) so they certainly needed to add players, good ones for the dual campaigns.

But replacing Suarez is impossible. The team will need to be redefined. We did it to rather good effect to start the year. I'm hoping Rodgers can add depth and impact who will fit his post-Suarez style of play.

Teams have done it. Arsenal are masters of it. United won titles after Ronaldo. Its not impossible. But tricky. That was all Wenger and Ferguson. Rodgers will be the best signing we made all summer if he pulls it off.
Ok I see. However, that would be great for you if you guys are able to enter into a top player sweepstake. When I see Di Maria may go to Man U, I think that would be hard for u to become champion :cry:

Seabhac

Reaction score
“I am delighted to have agreed a new deal with Liverpool and have my future secured for the long term,I believe I can achieve the ambitions of winning trophies and playing at the very highest level with Liverpool.”

Luis Suarez - After signing a five year deal with Liverpool six months ago

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seabhac":dpv6f3eo said:
“I am delighted to have agreed a new deal with Liverpool and have my future secured for the long term,I believe I can achieve the ambitions of winning trophies and playing at the very highest level with Liverpool.”

Luis Suarez - After signing a five year deal with Liverpool six months ago

"Ummm...thank you"

-Liverpool after receiving 75 million for a 28 year old player suspended 4 months for biting another human being during a soccer match

You can't be serious thinking contract extensions mean anything. (Maybe you can, you've not shown a propensity to intelligence on here) except a pay raise. In this case it also established his buyout clause.

Nice headline in the Mirror this morning. So bitter