#2 seed

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawkfish":3cv5fi76 said:
NFSeahawks628":3cv5fi76 said:
We are much more likely to face the Lions/Packers as the three seed assuming they beat Tampa Bay, since Dallas will get the lowest seed (Giants at 5).

We've been pretty good in NFC Championship games so I like our chances either way. Hopefully the offense is somewhat clicking during that time.

This. We only play the #5 seed at #2 if #6 wins also.

I honestly think if we do clinch number 2 we will in all liklihood face whoever wins the NFC South...so either the Bucs or Falcons

I think it is going to fall like this though

1. Dallas
2. Seattle
3. Falcons/Bucs
4. Packers
5. Giants
6. Falcons/Bucs

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3e2iuyr7 said:
In my opinion it's going to look like this:

(6) Tampa Bay @ (3) Atlanta
(5) NYG @ (4) Green Bay

I see Atlanta winning as a 3 seed and I see a toss up between NYG @ GB but I'll give it to the Packers.

So a rematch between the Falcons and Seahawks, hope Terrell is ready.

EDIT: I'm not sure we beat the Falcons in a rematch on a neutral field but I'll say we do because were at home.

I think this is going to happen as well. I will be shocked if this doesnt happen honestly. Lions COULD be the 4th seed they just have to beat the Packers last game of the season but I dont see it happening

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
If we can't beat the Pack or Lions at home, then we aren't a SB caliber team. So if we win, we win. If we lose, then we weren't SB worthy. Obviously if I had to choose, I'd prefer the Lions. I think we can beat the Lions rather easily, they're extremely one dimensional on offense. Packers are the team no one wants to face.

I'm sure the NFL will be rooting for GB-Seattle and NYG-Dallas. Those games would bring in great ratings.

Largent80

Reaction score
The way I look at it, we had our chance at the #1 seed but let GB spoil the party. Hell even Tampa had a hand in it. Even the damned tie helped derail it. Can't say we haven't battled but those 2 crapfests loom large.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
In the divisional round, you're playing a good team no matter what. I'm just glad we'll likely be home and healthy.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":3t59zd5j said:
FlyingGreg":3t59zd5j said:
PlinytheCenter":3t59zd5j said:
Now we need Dallas to beat Tampa and the week will be complete!

Other way around. Dallas losing helps our chance at #1 seed.

I was thinking that it's pretty unlikely we'll get the #1 seed. But it happens, hey great!

Aha. I am counting on a Cowboys choke!

But then the Giants will likely be the #1 seed in that case.

Slick

Reaction score
Agreed. Giants are on a hot streak now but Eli Manning.

eli-manning.jpg

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1w9bw18m said:
Mizak":1w9bw18m said:
That's the good news....

You wanna know the bad news? The Giants are 5th seed and they just allowed a high scoring Detriot offense to score only 6 points. Look what they did to the Cowboys.

Giants are in Playoff Mode now and I don't want the Seahawks to face them in the Divisional Game.

Everyone knows the Seahawks have trouble scoring on offense. Imagine if Giants shut that down in the CLink?

RIOTS. Bevell fired (Hopefully).

Giants look like the best team as it stands now in the NFC.
Key here is,,,,for now. It is a bit disconcerting however when the Giants get hot at the end of the year.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1pme2d7o said:
Mizak":1pme2d7o said:
That's the good news....

You wanna know the bad news? The Giants are 5th seed and they just allowed a high scoring Detriot offense to score only 6 points. Look what they did to the Cowboys.

Giants are in Playoff Mode now and I don't want the Seahawks to face them in the Divisional Game.

Everyone knows the Seahawks have trouble scoring on offense. Imagine if Giants shut that down in the CLink?

The Seahawks scoring problems have been on the road. I would like our chances in C Link.

Giants would also play at Atlanta in the Wild Card round as it stands. That's a tough win.
Actually, if you look closer you'll see that scoring-wise, its not on the road, it's on the road playing on grass specifically. When we've been on turf on the road, we're fine.

OP
OP
S

slateman77

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1yjexsaz said:
The #2 seed has kind of been a foregone conclusion for a few weeks now IMO.
Just stating a fact...didn't know you were a clairvoyant...My apologies..!!

Cartire

Reaction score
Largent80":3pxb4zml said:
The way I look at it, we had our chance at the #1 seed but let GB spoil the party. Hell even Tampa had a hand in it. Even the damned tie helped derail it. Can't say we haven't battled but those 2 crapfests loom large.

So basically, the total of our losses and a tie is what lost us the #1 seed.

Seems...... obvious. 8)

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2hxx7ju3 said:
FlyingGreg":2hxx7ju3 said:
Mizak":2hxx7ju3 said:
That's the good news....

The Seahawks scoring problems have been on the road. I would like our chances in C Link.

Giants would also play at Atlanta in the Wild Card round as it stands. That's a tough win.
Actually, if you look closer you'll see that scoring-wise, its not on the road, it's on the road playing on grass specifically. When we've been on turf on the road, we're fine.

Kind of...we weren't really "fine" on the turf at New Orleans. We scored 13 offensive points against a bad defense.

Conversely, we scored 31 on the grass at New England.

Crizilla

Reaction score
slateman77":1ff8dyt9 said:
Detroit just lost so the #2 seed is ours if we win out..!!..Go Hawks..!!!

THEE scenario i was hoping for

lets go

Crizilla

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":g3kp8s9p said:
Jazzhawk":g3kp8s9p said:
FlyingGreg":g3kp8s9p said:
Mizak":g3kp8s9p said:
That's the good news....

Kind of...we weren't really "fine" on the turf at New Orleans. We scored 13 offensive points against a bad defense.

Conversely, we scored 31 on the grass at New England.

i still think the pats game had a mental boost to get revenge from The Game That Shall Not Be Mentioned. They just played with more heart. @saints @bucs and @gb is proof. How bizarre is it for us to play so bad on the road except @NE? NE has a top 3 defense.

mikeak

Reaction score
If Dallas lose out that means Giants beats them. I am more worried about playing Giants outdoors in their turf than Dallas inside.

Either way hoping for No 2 seed. I don't see how we beat Arizona so need Detroit and Atlanta to lose one more.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
mikeak":3pvoc0ia said:
If Dallas lose out that means Giants beats them. I am more worried about playing Giants outdoors in their turf than Dallas inside.

Either way hoping for No 2 seed. I don't see how we beat Arizona so need Detroit and Atlanta to lose one more.

We will beat Arizona.

Maulbert

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1alumub1 said:
We don't deserve a bye this year, but obviously I'm hoping for one anyway.

When I hear 'we don't deserve' it just irks me. Who does? Detroit? Atlanta? I felt the same way when people said 'we don't deserve to be in the playoffs' in 2010. We did what we needed to do. Screw anyone who thinks otherwise.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2ks2059q said:
The #2 seed has kind of been a foregone conclusion for a few weeks now IMO.

Maybe to you, but not to everyone. At present the Hawks have the 3rd best record and only have the #2 seed bye b/c they have a weak division. It's no foregone conclusion the team will win the bye.

This may change if Detroit, NY Giants and Atlanta all lose another game, or if the Hawks lose to AZ or the Digits.