12th Man Sighting in San Luis Obispo

godawg

Reaction score
I went to the Laguna Grill in SLO to see the Atlanta game, because FOX was broadcasting Pirates of the Carribean in this Whiner town. Saw a guy in a 12 Jersey alone at the table closest to the one screen with the Hawks game. Asked if I could join him and he welcomed me at his table. Great guy, knowledgeable fan. I asked him when he started following the Hawks. "It was 1976 and I guess I just loved the Seahawks colors and that wildman coach Jack Patera. I had to pick a new team when that @#$%& Georgia Frontiere moved my Rams." He goes up to see a couple of Hawks games every year, but he didn't know about .Net, so I filled him in.

By the way, the Laguna Grill has good food and service, great beer, and a nice atmosphere (provided a Whiner's game is not on). After the game finished we were enjoying the afterglow, and talked about our work. I told him I did some criminal defense and had been a King County Prosecutor up in Seattle. Turns out he's the Commander of the Atascadero Police Department, second in command. http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2012/04/24 ... ander.html Swapped a few stories and said goodbye till the next game.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Um... For the "knowledgeable" fan, you would think he would know when Georgia moved the Rams and he became a fan. FYI, the Rams moved to St. Louis in 1995, long after Jack Patera was gone.

OP
OP
godawg

godawg

Reaction score
I fixed the quote. Thanks for the heads up.

Latest posts