12th man flag raiser?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
None of this would be possible if Allen didn't save the team from being moved in the first place.
Let Paul do it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Xarbx425":dzmfkf1l said:
On 950 KJR Holmgren said he hasn't been asked... honestly... unless it's anyone other than Paul Allen it'll be a dang shame...

It has to be Allen. This should become tradition. NFC Title Games = Allen.

Again, let Holmgren do the '14 season opener (which will hopefully be played on Thursday night against Denver)

Jiggy

Reaction score
andyh64000":xl32attz said:
Has Walter Jones ever done it?

Yes he has. Dec 5 2010 vs Carolina. The same game he was inducted into the hawks ring and his number was retired.

Side story, the team came out flat and was getting owned in the first half down 14 to 3. They came out after halftime and proceeded to play an amazing game. They shut out Carolina in the second half and scored 28.

You just had to think that Jones went to the locker room at the half and gave then a "Not on my day!" Speech.

chris98251

Reaction score
NYcoug, just think how that would go, they ran the story and maybe a little introduction before flag raising.

minormillikin

Reaction score
chris98251":2foyxepx said:
NYcoug, just think how that would go, they ran the story and maybe a little introduction before flag raising.

This is a good one. That's a real 12 raising the 12.

Shock2k

Reaction score
minormillikin":33ctg7j0 said:
chris98251":33ctg7j0 said:

This is a good one. That's a real 12 raising the 12.

I like this thought.

irocdave

Reaction score
My vote would be for the savior Paul Allen over Holmie. Paul owns the team and is the best owner a fan base could ask for. Free with the money and lets football people run the thing. Can you imagine if Paul Allen owned the Hawks in the 90's? Please let Paul Allen raise the flag, he has more to do with the success than we can imagine. Holmie deserves to raise the flag, but not more than Paul Allen in this instance.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
maclamore will be at the stadium already. maybe he will raise it.. I would love to see allen or Holmgren rais it though

jblaze

Reaction score
Dude I don't know how this already isn't news but they've been trying to get a multitude of the 2005 team to come in and raise the flag since last week. Marcus Trufant was on 99.9 this morning and said as such. They can't get everyone but they're trying to get as many as they can to attend.

This was news at 7am this morning, no idea why this isn't general info at this point. He wasn't even hesitating about it either, he said they were contacting all him and his old teammates to be there.