“Our Defense is going to win us 8+ games this year”

GemCity

Reaction score
Appears you won’t be able to question that statement until …uhhh…week 9 😜

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It wasn't me, as I said their ceiling this year was probably 8-9 IIRC.

But go easy. Most of the starters ain't playing, and the defense has always been vanilla in the preseason. Simply too early to start freaking out.

taco40

Reaction score
If you can't stop anyone in pre-season, there's little chance in the regular season when your starters are all on the bench hurt and you're down to your practice squad on the depth chart. What you are seeing on the field at this moment is your starting team give or take in December when you're fighting for either a playoff spot or a high draft pick. I'm seeing draft...

okhawkfan

Reaction score
If you can't stop anyone in pre-season, there's little chance in the regular season when your starters are all on the bench hurt and you're down to your practice squad on the depth chart. What you are seeing on the field at this moment is your starting team give or take in December when you're fighting for either a playoff spot or a high draft pick. I'm seeing draft...
That's not how football works. Do you know what the odds are that every single defensive starter is out in December? Come on man. Gtfoh with this crap lol

taco40

Reaction score
If you really think that's what I meant, you are obviously a newbie here.

Fade

Reaction score
The backpedalling is already beginning.

The same people that would shame anyone for predicting a bad season.

Are going to be the ones telling us, "What'd you expect it's a rebuilding year?!"

BUT you predicted 8-9 wins NOT a rebuilding year, LOL.

Darrell Taylor and Nwosu still out there in the 2nd qtr is bad coaching, unless Pete is trying to tank. You're just asking for a guy to get injured who you can't afford to get injured.

Smellyman

Reaction score
not one starter in the secondary.

Good experience for the new guys

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Don't worry. This team is not going to be close to sniffing a playoff spot in December. Hopefully they draft an impact player with their top 10 pick next spring.