Packing Papers

McGruff

Reaction score
So we're in the process of moving to a new house, and one of our friends gave us a stack of newspapers to wrap dishes and decorations in . . .

As I'm pulling papers one jumps put to me . . . A "Daily World" (Grays Harbor) sports section plastered with this headline: " High Flying Hawks stun Saints" and a picture of Marshawn Lynch bursting through the Saints defensive line.

I know it's probably worthless . . . But I'm saving it and framing it!

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
ivotuk":xxflb9ux said:
Pictures please. =-/

9081_10151738488105056_1199411597_n.jpg

jammerhawk

Reaction score
What an awesome find, for sure you should frame it and keep it. Lucky you!

It happened right in front of my seats at that game.

Some have called the" beast quake" run by Lynch one of the best runs in NFL history and you have proof.

Ii remember jumping up and down for joy as it happened and afterwards without a doubt, it remains a genuinely special Seahawks moment. I may even have some ticket stubs for that game in my old game bag or in the miscellaneous drawer, if so I will send them to you to frame as they may make the framed newspaper pages and pictures worth more. If I have them I will pm you.

Good luck with your move!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Thank you kind sir, that was a special moment.
I was about to spell check the Jets article until I remembered their kicker was Nick Folk. :)

fsmassey

Reaction score
You actually really should cherish this. Photographs like that can't be found easily on the internet. I mean, maybe they have the photographs in the online newspaper... but I'm still going to go with my gut and say that you wouldn't find that shot in a google search. Beautiful photograph, beautiful newspaper. I wish I had a print of that shot.

IronSaint

Reaction score
Bleh. :thfight7:

I'm actually in the progress of framing my newspapers for the Super Bowl and the day after Drew broke Marino's passing record. If you're interested, I found this site that seems pretty handy, it has a wizard and takes you step by step building the exact frame you want. It might be a little costly, but the guy is building them personally. I haven't ordered from him yet but his work does look nice.

http://www.thepaperframer.com/FrameWiza ... nextStep=1

Johnny

Reaction score
McGruff":953ilo0y said:
So we're in the process of moving to a new house, and one of our friends gave us a stack of newspapers to wrap dishes and decorations in . . .

As I'm pulling papers one jumps put to me . . . A "Daily World" (Grays Harbor) sports section plastered with this headline: " High Flying Hawks stun Saints" and a picture of Marshawn Lynch bursting through the Saints defensive line.

I know it's probably worthless . . . But I'm saving it and framing it!

If I were you and I had the chance to do so, I would take it to TC and see if I couldn't get Lynch to sign it before it was framed... That would be a priceless piece of Seahawks history...