Site Redesign

Heyseed

Reaction score
Aros,
Your line work is the best
Looking to see the what's the next best thing to Earth Normal & Sofachrome

Kansashawkfan

Reaction score
I love the current colors and design. that being said, this is a Seahawk fan site. The Seahawks changed colors maybe we should reflect that.

RockHawk

Reaction score
Great input everyone, and we clearly hear that if we make changes, we'll keep it minimal. Thanks Aros for getting this rolling

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
SeaTown81":32rv6u0q said:
After reading this thread, I have come to a conclusion. Old people don't like change. ;)

I think a slight redesign is in order. Something to freshen up the place a bit. I think a slightly darker background would be cool. Compare and contrast the color of the main forum as opposed to actual threads. I think the main forum background color would work just fine for threads. I don't really see a need for incorporating grey into the site. While it is a part of the color scheme now, it's not prominent. And grey on the whole isn't too flattering graphically. Mainly just drabs everything up. And as for the main header, I call for less green. And no the gunmetal or silver used in the mock up. Whoever called that 1997 was dead on. Gave me flashbacks to earlier versions of the site. Lol.
I'm old (compared to most here) and I have no issue with change. I just don't see the need for it currently, except for the possible tweeks here 'n there. But if the powers that be decide they want to change it, I just hope it better, rather than most places the 'enhance' the site only to make it really crappy.

Thankfully, Todd's history here is such that changes usually mean good things.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I really like the way the site looks and works, but I there are always improvements that can be made. These require real knit-picking, by the way.

1- Crisp-up the Seahawks.Net banner logo, particularly in the text. It could use a bit more of an anti-aliased look.

2- Maybe up the max number of quotes within quotes. It can sometimes be kind of a hassle replying in-line, then getting rejected for having too many quotes within quotes.

3- Charge a fee for 49er fans

4- In addition to the crazy gameday devoted forum (where you end up with 10,000 separate threads with 0-2 replies), how about one (just one) official gameday thread in the main forum for games. Maybe it's just me, but I enjoy a long multi-page reactionary single thread for games.

-
In any case... as long time devotee, I was just trying to dig for anything I could think of here.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well I love everyone's insight. It is awesome and appreciated. I will present some new logos to Mark and co....Don't expect a reinvention of the wheel here...Just some nip and tucks that put this girl into the 21st Century reflecting the team's latest aesthetic...

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
minormillikin":1zzp1lyc said:
4- In addition to the crazy gameday devoted forum (where you end up with 10,000 separate threads with 0-2 replies), how about one (just one) official gameday thread in the main forum for games. Maybe it's just me, but I enjoy a long multi-page reactionary single thread for games.

That's EXACTLY what the chat forum is on gameday. :th2thumbs: